When Must You Take Daily Supplements To Get Effect?

Kloppstock

Im currently using 10 different supplements to treat someone's dementia, and i start to realize how much money this will cost to re-supply sooner or later, not to talk about the effort to administrate it with pure perfection as only i can do, its harsh..but today a voice told me about a possible relief/mercy.

What if i for instance would continue to give my high dose of acetyl-carnitine..only maybe 4 days a week instead of 7?, and during this breaks i instead insert my new edition Trans-Resveratrol and the pause that. I would save.

The question is however, how long does certain types of supplement stay in the body so that you may not destroy the winning streak if you break of?.
I understand that medication you are suppose to take it everyday! but perhaps supplement are different, but i will not haggle with myself if you think it might decrease a positive effect of a therapeutical dose on Trans-Resveratrol and ALC not taking everyday. So this is not a question about just well being, cause there you can pause a supplement cause the defined goal is more vague rather than to cure

Meadowsweet tincture
Banyan Botanicals Mental Clarity Tablet's
Gotu Kola
Natural StackLiquid Curcumin
Marine Phytoplankton+70% Omega 3 Fish oil
Vitamin D in coconutoil
Coconut oil
Magtech
ALC
Ona's Natural Progesteron cream
Vitex Agnus Castus powder
Peony+Lemon Balm tea

Last edited:

DaveFoster

You should be more worried about the efficacy and safety of administering those supplements at all, especially to someone with dementia.

OP
K

Kloppstock

You should be more worried about the efficacy and safety of administering those supplements at all, especially to someone with dementia.
I am worried of that, just as you should be worried of the taut to give nothing to someone with dementia, rather dangerous that too, but so far no side effects if that's what your refer to...
But im interested to know..what will happen generally if you pause some days a week with supplement? (in turns of my steering towards my own narrative is being to specific to be able to give known recommendations ;))

But your answer so far, will actually also put me down to the ground a bit about seeing this possible disaster in going conservative ahead now when Christmas is near etc

Queequeg

I am worried of that, just as you should be worried of the taut to give nothing to someone with dementia, rather dangerous that too, but so far no side effects if that's what your refer to...
But im interested to know..what will happen generally if you pause some days a week with supplement? (in turns of question was to specific to give recommendations ;))
I think it is often recommended to pause and/or rotate supplements, otherwise the body gets used to it and they lose their efficacy.

I would go heavy on the coconut oil (~two tablespoons per day). I have a friend who used it to get his grandmother to start talking again.

DaveFoster

But im interested to know..what will happen generally if you pause some days a week with supplement? (in turns of my steering towards my own narrative is being to specific to be able to give known recommendations ;))

But your answer so far, will actually also put me down to the ground a bit about seeing this possible disaster in going conservative ahead now when Christmas is near etc
It depends on the supplement; something like methylene blue has a long tissue half-life. Why are you not giving aspirin, methylene blue, or niacinamide?

OP
K

Kloppstock

I think it is often recommended to pause and/or rotate supplements, otherwise the body gets used to it and they lose their efficacy.
Thanks, that felt good to hear, from everybody except myself ;)
I would go heavy on the coconut oil (~two tablespoons per day). I have a friend who used it to get his grandmother to start talking again.
We are going heavy on 4 tablespoons a day actually , but as you see in my first post im never satisfied with anything, so i have given my other 9 or 10 supplements also on counter-parting doses everyday, but i have been wery radical to now suggest i would rotate on 2 of them!!, i feel like a man now..not a woman

It depends on the supplement; something like methylene blue has a long tissue half-life. Why are you not giving aspirin, methylene blue, or niacinamide?
Because meadowsweet is a safer natural form of aspirin and might also be even more effective than aspirin-form, i have written about it in previous posts on this board, and i know that you also like safety measures :), i hear that you are ultra focus on taupathy, and i would do that also if not...
And Masking The Taste Of It?
and we cant swallow capsules either here, but i hear you...i will not let niacinamide become a cold case either, like methylene blue have been to me, what does long tissue half-life mean for methylene blue?, you can take it once a week and be satisfied?, and are you recommend it in liquid form? and do you have a safe dose?, cause i also prefer to not wanna risk blue piss in my patient, cause i would rather take 10 supplements targeting amyloid beta than that :)

DaveFoster

Thanks, that felt good to hear, from everybody except myself ;)
We are going heavy on 4 tablespoons a day actually , but as you see in my first post im never satisfied with anything, so i have given my other 9 or 10 supplements also on counter-parting doses everyday, but i have been wery radical to now suggest i would rotate on 2 of them!!, i feel like a man now..not a woman

Because meadowsweet is a safer natural form of aspirin, and i know that you like safety measures :), i hear that you are ultra focus on tapauty, and i would do that also if not...
And Masking The Taste Of It?
and we cant swallow capsules either here, but i hear you...i will not let niacinamide become a cold case either, like methylene blue have been to me, what does long tissue half-life mean for methylene blue?, you can take it once a week and be satisfied?, and are you recommend it in liquid form? and do you have a safe dose?, cause i also prefer to not wanna risk blue piss in my patient either?, i rather take 10 supplements targeting amyloid beta instead :)
Methylene blue modulates β-secretase, reverses cerebral amyloidosis, and improves cognition in transgenic mice. - PubMed - NCBI

10 mcg is a good starting dose. 400 mcg spread throughout the day should not significantly raise blood pressure. Maybe 200 mcg in the morning and 200 mcg in the evening. More than that will raise BP.

Queequeg

Meadowsweet tincture
Banyan Botanicals Mental Clarity Tablet's
Gotu Kola
Natural StackLiquid Curcumin
Marine Phytoplankton+70% Omega 3 Fish oil
Vitamin D in coconutoil
Coconut oil
Magtech
ALC
Ona's Natural Progesteron cream
Vitex Agnus Castus powder
Peony+Lemon Balm tea
I just looked again at your supplements. Wow that is a lot. Sometimes there is a diminishing level of returns with each extra supplement so that taking 4-5 is close enough to taking 10.
FYI The fish oil is typically a no go in RP world. We typically do not speak its name but its a P.U.F.A.:)

OP
K

Kloppstock

I forgot to ask, how does you schedule use to look like on your own supplements? Do you know if you can also slightly decrease a dosage certain days? without harming positive effects

Methylene blue modulates β-secretase, reverses cerebral amyloidosis, and improves cognition in transgenic mice. - PubMed - NCBI

10 mcg is a good starting dose. 400 mcg spread throughout the day should not significantly raise blood pressure. Maybe 200 mcg in the morning and 200 mcg in the evening. More than that will raise BP.
Thanks, its a lot to considerate, and it will be the most possible annoying supplement :) to handle correct..
But did i understand it correct, that "tissue half life" may be the google phrase for info about a supplements ability to stay in the body without the need of resupply to avoid collapse the build-up foundation

(starts to sound almost determined)
I forgot to ask, how does you schedule use to look like on your own supplements?
Do you know if you can also slightly decrease a dosage certain days? without harming positive effects

I just looked again at your supplements. Wow that is a lot. Sometimes there is a diminishing level of returns with each extra supplement so that taking 4-5 is close enough to taking 10.
FYI The fish oil is typically a no go in RP world. We typically do not speak its name but its a P.U.F.A.:)
Are you referring to invisible positive synergy effects? i actually do think that my supplement scheme covers holes that otherwise would be considered doubletons, different ways in to tackle the same disease, im willing to listen to all point of views, even though it will probably lead to a decision to keep if all 10 enhance each-other in just 1 area ;)

So with no exception all fish oil brands and types is useless in this world?, is that your personal opinion
also? :) what's the worst that can happen with this P.U.F.A. effect?

And her comes my new years promise for 2016 again :)
I forgot to ask, how does you schedule use to look like on your own supplements?
Do you know if you can also slightly decrease a dosage certain days? without harming positive effects

Last edited:

Queequeg

Are you referring to invisible positive synergy effects? i actually do think that my supplement scheme covers holes that otherwise would be considered doubletons, different ways in to tackle the same disease, im willing to listen to all point of views, even though it will probably lead to a decision to keep if all 10 enhance each-other in just 1 area ;)

So with no exception all fish oil brands and types is useless in this world?, is that your personal opinion
also? :) what's the worst that can happen with this P.U.F.A. effect?

And her comes my new years promise for 2016 again :)
I was just thinking that if you want to save money and dosing is difficult that you would most likely get similar results with half the products or even rotate some of them. I don't have any scientific evidence for this though. It just seems that 10 supplements for the same issue is a lot. If you had a head ache you wouldn't take aspirin, tylenol and advil at the same time.

Yes, I think RPs belief that PUFAs are really bad is one of the most important things he talks about. PUFAs are bad mainly because they are easily oxidized and this is damaging to us. most fish oils are very rancid and I imagine the tests that they do on them are on pristine samples. Also the benefits found from fish oils are only short term. The research never looks at longer term effects.

As for my dosing, I am fairly consistent with my vitamins especially the water soluble ones. It is the herbs that I think you need to rotate. Maybe 2-3 weeks on then 1 week off. or 5 times a week. I am not sure on what is the best rotation strategy though. I actually notice very little impact from my vitamins at all but take them purely on faith.

Last edited:

johnwester130

Generally, this forum goes against tablets/capsules in favour of liquids.

Meadowsweet tincture - this is pointless
Banyan Botanicals Mental Clarity Tablet's - also pointless
Gotu Kola - an average herb
Natural StackLiquid Curcumin - pointless
Marine Phytoplankton+70% Omega 3 Fish oil - useless
Vitamin D in coconutoil - applied topically ? yes it's okay.
Coconut oil - added to food is fine
Magtech - a good supplement
ALC - carnitine is dangerous
Ona's Natural Progesteron cream - good.
Vitex Agnus Castus powder - quite good
Peony+Lemon Balm tea - pointless

resveratrol is also useless

some other options are

vitamin a, vitamin d, vitamin k2, as liquids, applied topically

a b complex without b9,12

gelatin powder, added to drinks

methylene blue

Don’t Be Conned By The Resveratrol Scam

5 Health Supplements That Are Bad For You

OP
K

Kloppstock

Interesting!, ready for some throwbacks :) i need your further opinions, i also wanna point on, your reviews here....where they possibly based it on healthy individuals?, this list of mine is for an Alzheimer patient who are 66.

Generally, this forum goes against tablets/capsules in favour of liquids.
Maybe this forum is pro powder in liquid though...that's my way right now

Motivate please

Motivate please, do you know what herbs it contains?

Gotu Kola - an average herb
What herb do you recommend? for Alzheimer's?
if not its all of a sudden above average on the scale ;) cause its going to be either herbs you see

Natural StackLiquid Curcumin - pointless
You think that Curcumin is pointless in Alzheimer's? if so please check this brand of mine though..and possible add our exception :) did you know..internet claims that curcumin creates positive synergy effects with resveratrol, and what might not happen if its even trans-resveratrol

Vitamin D in coconutoil - applied topically ? yes it's okay.
I start to get a bit worried about the consensus on this board, i don't wanna purchase RP vitamin supplements right now, before i receive some research reports also that confirm how swallowing D-vitamins is useless :)

Coconut oil - added to food is fine
Coconut oil added to spoon is just as fine yes.

Magtech - a good supplement
Yes i have seen the reports on cognitive decline...

Possible for some people, im though gonna red your link and consider everything, we have tested for 6 months now and its not dangerous yet in our case. Perhaps you have heard that here are research reports that claims that ALC benefits early onset Alzheimer patients, and you must succeeding in smashing that bubble before i will change and generalize about the ALC danger

Ona's Natural Progesteron cream - good.
on Alzheimer's yes...

Vitex Agnus Castus powder - quite good
Thats quite good to hear

Peony+Lemon Balm tea - pointless
You have fresh reports that tea is ineffective on Alzheimer's?

I use 98 % Trans-resveratrol
250 mb

some other options are

vitamin a, vitamin d, vitamin k2, as liquids, applied topically
I have read claims that Gotu kola contains probably those vitamins you mention, don't have the notes here

a b complex without b9,12
So b9 and b12 are in fact bad for Alzheimer's?

I performed this google search for you, and im gonna find the connection sooner or later https://www.google.se/search?q=gelatin+powder&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=BsNNWNPfPIeA8Qer9bDYBw#q=gelatin+powder+alzheimer's
but do you got anything now?

methylene blue
Heard about it ;) do you have any anecdotal s about Alzheimer recovery on this that i wanna hear?, otherwise your medical trails are just as unsure as those supplements of my choices

Thanks gonna read it

Last edited:

johnwester130

Interesting!, ready for some throwbacks :) i need your further opinions, i also wanna point on, your reviews here....where they possibly based it on healthy individuals?, this list of mine is for an Alzheimer patient who are 66.

A Peat approach is a whole systematic approach, not an isolated herb or supplement.

Anything that is pro metabolic, and promotes a youthful metabolism,
down to the fats (saturated vs unstaurated),
sugars (fruit, honey vs starch, bread )
and protein (gelatin v steak)
, that promote a youthful metabolism is recommended.

The problem of Alzheimer's disease as a clue to immortality Part 2

PUFA, Fish Oil, and Alzheimers – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

just a warning on peat articles, by "energy and generative energy",
it can be interpreted to be youthful metabolism vs an aging metabolism

OP
K

Kloppstock

A Peat approach is a whole systematic approach, not an isolated herb or supplement.
Anything that is pro metabolic, and promotes a youthful metabolism,
down to the fats (saturated vs unstaurated),
sugars (fruit, honey vs starch, bread )
and protein (gelatin v steak)
that promote a youthful metabolism is recommended.
I wont be able to follow Peat approach anyway since it involves dieting...if that's staying away from
certain ingredients in food, impossible to follow through on a retirement-home
The problem of Alzheimer's disease as a clue to immortality Part 2

PUFA, Fish Oil, and Alzheimers – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

just a warning on peat articles, by "energy and generative energy",
it can be interpreted to be youthful metabolism vs an aging metabolism
Concerning the warning.
Interpretative by who?...by Peat or by the viewers?

Generative energy=aging metabolism?
Energy=youthful metabolism?
it might be easier to understand for me with a context , i have not come'd to the immortality article yet! that's my new years val for 2017! :)

Concerning fish oil i believe that Alzheimer's is an autoimmune disease, therefore i might think immunosuppression are better on Alzheimer's than skipping that process.
I have a problem with the fact? that to fiew trials indicates that i would be dangerous for elders (pref with Alzheimer's) to take Omega 3, i just wanna avoid serious risks..to be able to avoid the otherwise possible gains

I found a possible argumment from Peat? why we shall skipp vitamin E
"Fish oil taken for many months may cause a deficiency of vitamin E, and therefore vitamin E is added to many commercial fish oil products.
Its nice that i personally give so many supplements containing vitamin E up for depletion

We know from trials that multivitamins are useless. but we know nothing of multi-herbamine right?
And each of these herbs are more related to each-other than a usual multivitamin stack...so why not maybe believe that they instead are trying to attempt a synergy-effect?, i have at least heard from more less trials that 'multiherbamine' aka multi-nootropics like Alpha Brain fro Onnit neutralists the side-effect of Bacoba herbs if taken individually , so why should they not boost also then?
Why pointless?
What do you think of this article? does it change anything?
i havent time to read it myself yet but it atleast the opposite opinion from Peats ;) thats a good start!
Have you or anybody on this board knowledge of
trans-resveratrol instead of resveratrol?.
I dunno anything but they claim it have better bioavailability than standard, still its possible it could be useless since the dose is lower, on the other hand it might be concentrated enough
to counter this trials that you may have read about where people take 3 g? what do you think?
I have also heard the reports about added anti-oxidants could be useless, maybe on healthy people, but neurodegenerative diseases could possible
make you more open for them, what do you believe?
Gelatin powder for alzheimer's?, do you got some kind of extended sources i can read more about it?

Last edited:
OP
K

Kloppstock

Could lysine supplementation prevent Alzheimer’s dementia? A novel hypothesis

this study shows lysine helps

gelatine is a good source of lysine, green tub great lakes gelatin

there is no peat diet, he advocates things that can promote a youthful metabolism.
it's not about supplements, it's about an understanding of the body

His work can be interpreted in many ways,
I accidentally posted to early, then i had a mess to edit, since you came (to early :))
If you want you could refresh even though it might be just as disastrous.

Okay, gelatin and Lysine, now i know the connection.. and i think it sounds good on dementia
Yes that Lysine link have been posted here already, but does really Scott Schlegel believe medications that might be toxic?? to viruses could instead be good to you?

"Also popularized by Dr Oz along with Red Wine, Resveratrol is a compound contained in grape skins, seeds and vines as a natural plant defence against fungus and parasites. As common sense would say,
if this is toxic to fungus and parasites, why would we consider it healthy?"

(this is my way of asking about a possible connection between viruses and fungus)

Here is the missing article about ALC you can read later!! i will give you the same vacation i give myself when i get a new link :) but there will be a response
Ask The Supplement Guru: Is Carnitine Safe?

Im really curious what you or anybody think about my argumentations about multi-herbalism like mental clarity tablets, and why you think its useless..but do take your time

Last edited:

Regina

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom