Pregnenolone - are you taking it, how much, how often, etc.

Peata

Wanted to find out more from those using pregnenolone on the forum, as I'm trying to decide how to use it. If you use it, what is your dosage, are you taking it daily, weekly... What is it doing for you? Anything else you want to say about it.

J

j.

Re: Pregnenolone - are you taking it, how much, how often, e

I had a deep mental and spiritual experience -not the blunt unsophisticated sedation of progesterone- 3 or 4 days after taking it. I was probably very low in pregnenolone the first time I took it. That effect stopped after a while.

I won't be surprised if you at times feel smarter. It's well documented it's good for memory, but I think also to many other mental aspects.

OP
Peata

Peata

How much do you take now, how often? Brand?

J

j.

This is how it worked for me. I felt the effects, sedative, unlike people who don't feel it (now I myself don't feel them anymore).

At first I took 100 mg for some time. After a while, the sedative effect lasted for 3 days, so I took it once every 3 days. Then it lasted a week, so I took it once a week. Finally I stopped feeling any effect, and I stopped.

Occasionally when I'm stressed or some supplement is giving me trouble I take any amount I feel like from 10 to 1500 mg. Thorne K2 used to give me trouble if I took a lot (the MCT oil might've been irritating according to Peat), but I was ok if I took 300 mg of pregnenolone with it.

I used Life Extension 100 mg and Swanson 10 mg and 50 mg with good results.

OP
Peata

Peata

I wonder if those taking it with good results are also taking thyroid.

superhuman

i take both but i havent noticed anything from either

OP
Peata

Peata

I haven't taken my weekly dose of pregn. this week. But I think the doses I had over the previous couple weeks helped my adrenals some. I am not certain, but I think the problems (which I talked about in another post) from pregn. were because my thyroid could not "keep up" with what the pregn. was doing, especially with my adrenals. Cortisol was probably involved. When I took pregn. at first, I got those bad symptoms, but I noticed if I could get my body temp up in the normal range, the symptoms would start fading away. Also, pregn. seemed to raise my morning temps even on the days I wasn't taking it.

I may skip taking it for a while before I come back to experimenting with it.

J

j.

I think pregnenolone changes many things. The second time you take pregnenolone, it's like it's going to a different body.

I take 300mg/week in 3 doses of 100mg on alternate days. I haven't noticed that it does anything at all and will likely stop soon. I've never tried a high dose before.

I'm a 29 year old male, and 'nothing' is pretty much what Ray's writings suggest would happen.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals