Pregnenolone Non Toxic

gilson dantas

Friends,
and @haidut, @burtlancast, @tara etc
I learned that pregnenolone is a non-toxic supplement, and we can use high doses, like 100 mg or even more;
I agree with that, of course;
what I really want to understand is how to explain the story of some people who used pregnenolone and that say they had antiandrogens negative effects;
the answer that "every person is a person" is not bad, but I would like a more theoretical answer that explained which determinations of the metabolism of the body could produce a negative response from a non-toxic hormone, if you understand me.

Even amounts of 20mg or so lower my libido, ruin my erections and numb my penis. Can't really handle much of that. Currently do 5mg sometimes.

Tarmander

It's very difficult to know exactly what is going on both because of what you said, people are different, but also because it's a precursor that can change into so many different things

Just peruse the different supplements and how their effects change depending on the environment they are taken in. Tyrosine to be dopaminergic must have retina exposure to sunlight. Caffeine causes stress reactions in the short term but not long term. DHEA becomes estrogenic at over 15mg a day.

Now you take pregnenolone with its broad nature, and it is going to be affected by many many different variables.

Like hamster says, I have seen people take 20mg or under and have horrible effects. Or some take 300mg and over and feel very little.

The question of what exactly it's doing I think it's pretty futile with what we know about it. It's a good question but so uneasily answered that it's not worth pursuing. The real question is the best way to experiment with it. The popular ways are at 300mg+ once or twice a week, or 50-100mg a day.

I am sure there are other ways, but that's where I'd start. It's probably non toxic, in that it's not radiation, hexavalent chromium, or agent orange. But it can still mess you up, it's a hormone. Non toxic is not that useful in this context except as a sliding scale.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

OK, I think I undestand, I don´t know;
My single question is: why happens such extremes: one man can take 20 mg of pregnenolone and become sexually canceled; another man may take 400 mg and become more healthy than before. What´s the theoretical explanation? What elements [mediations] must be taken into account if I want to predict anything [just like science does]?

Brian

OK, I think I undestand, I don´t know;
My single question is: why happens such extremes: one man can take 20 mg of pregnenolone and become sexually canceled; another man may take 400 mg and become more healthy than before. What´s the theoretical explanation? What elements [mediations] must be taken into account if I want to predict anything [just like science does]?

My view is that mineral status has a large impact on how exogenous pro hormones behave in the body since important biological enzymes and transport proteins are dependent on specific metals to function. I would expect a person deficient in zinc to not produce any DHT from pregnenolone or DHEA supplementation and instead possibly increase estrogen. A person in this situation would probably have much better results from direct DHT supplementation while working on improving mineral levels.

I also think lifestyle greatly influences what preg and DHEA convert to. Regular strength training should stimulate a lot more of its conversion to androgens.

Last edited:

tara

In addition to the possibilities above, maybe another possibility is that the pregnenolone may in some circumstances lower stress hormones. If someone is running on stress hormones, and they lower them radically, then they may have less immediate energy available for many things, including libido?

Whereas someone with a strong base metabolism, who is running more on thyroid hormones and less on stress hormones, may not have this effect?

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

The above observations are very very interesting;
these are good observations with the dialectical criterion that address the body as a whole, physiologically speaking;
It seems logical:
a particular mineral deficiency can make pregnenolone produces certain hormones and not others [Low zinc: then progesterone do not goes to androgenics]; a certain muscular energy demand [exercises] estimulates progesterone to convert on testosterone [by more demand on testosterone by muscle exercise];
if the metabolism is based on "hormones of stress", when receiving "protective hormones" we may have a temporary decrease of energy, before we go back to good energy levels, on a new basis;
OK;
Now we have, perhaps, the following question:
Generally speaking: what kind of nutritional deficiencies, dysfunctions, lifestyle and toxic burden should we take into account when we want to get a general idea - at least theoretical - about the variables that explain why 20 mg of pregnenolone can have terrible effects on a man, and why 400 mg may have absolutely healthy effects in another man? [I mean: a big picture about that].
does anyone knows a text of R Peat summarizing such determinations and tendencies? [It would give to us a good ability of forethought]