Applying Peat Principles to Antibiotic Dosing when also treating an active sinus/ear infection

Advocate2021

i have been wanting to experiment more with antibiotics Peat style for optimal bowel function and have mainly been using camphosal for this successfully. But now with winter and some reactions i had, i seem to be nursing a possible sinus/inner ear infection and not sure camphosal is doing the job so asked a doctor to call in amoxicillin for me . he called in 875 mg tablets twice per day for 7 days. that is the max dose and my infection is not on the most severeend of the continuum so seems really high. i want to get rid of it without ruining my intestine and having yeast issues. i will take sporebiotics, florastor and perhpas sulphur or undecenuylenic actid to prevent these things; but does anyone have insight on peat style antibiotic regimen that will also do the job on the infection? Dr. Peat advised that best way to use antibiotics is to take a larger dose for a day or two and if symptoms subside decrease it for a couple days and if good take it a couple more days at the lower dose. But this is certainly not what is prescribed and i dont think that recommendation was necessarily for an active sinus or ear infection. I dont want to take too little and not do the job on the infection but i would like to take the lowest amount possible to clear the infection while deriving the intestinal benefits versus zapping the intestine and battling fungus.

Input please. thank you.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
If it were me I wouldn’t go below 500 mg every 12 hours just because sinus infections are notoriously hard to treat and you don’t want it to linger on and become chronic. That’s just my 2 cents fwiw.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

If it were me I wouldn’t go below 500 mg every 12 hours just because sinus infections are notoriously hard to treat and you don’t want it to linger on and become chronic. That’s just my 2 cents fwiw.
Thank you and i take that seriously coming from a medical professional.

When i asked for the antibiotic that is what i had thought would be called in (500 mg BID for 7 days) and i wrote back to the doc and asked for the 500 and if he thought the 875 were necessary. he replied the 875 was necessary so that is what i have. I took 500 twice a day last year for a vaginal staff infection (no idea how i got that ) and it worked; but that was a skin infection so a different regimen possibly.

Do you think its safest to 1) take the 875 mg every 12 hours for the full 7 day course or do you think that is overkill and alternatively 2) take 500 mg twice per day for 7 days should do it for a sinus/ear infection of moderate scale (not completely mild but not severe either)? Or alternatively, 3) take the 875 BID as prescribed and if i seem almost all better after a couple days, then just cut pills and take 500mg or thereabout BID for the remainder of the course? Curious which option of 1,2 or 3 you think is best?

I want to get rid of the infection but after months and months of intestinal healing it's finally good arghhh- just dont want to have to start all over again. i take your advice seriously since you are a health professional thank you!!!

exile

“Sometimes I notice that a few doses of 50 to 100 mg of penicillin will stop a particular symptom; a few times, for a distinct infection, I have used a standard dose of 250 mg 3 or 4 times in a day, stopping as soon as the symptom is gone, usually by the second day.”

“My own preference for antibiotics would be in the order Pen-V-K (about 30 to 50 mg at a time, with some carrot), erythromycin, tetracycline, and neomycin (for example Kaomycin). All of the antibiotics are somewhat toxic to people, but at a certain level, they can suppress bacteria without noticeable toxicity for the person. The goal is to establish a better internal ecosystem. Chronic sinus infections are usually the result of chronic irritation of the intestine.”

“Antibiotics vary in toxicity, but in general I think it’s best to use a minimally effective dose if it’s to be continued very long.”

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

update: decided i needed to start and saw that there is a regimen option for more severe infection of either 875 every 12 hours or 500 mg every 8 hours. so since it was 2:30 figured to try circa 500 mg every 8 hours- seems like it would be less harmful to intestine that zapping it with 875 all at once. so i cut an 875 in half and aimed to take a half plus a quarter of the other half to approximate 546.9 mg. eyeballing so not perfect but know im getting more that 500 per dose for sure so good enough. this way if i feel a huge improvement after 3 of the 500 mg doses maybe i can cut to 500 twice per day from there - better than 875 twice per day. and if i dont get improvement that quickly at least im still doing the recommended TID option that is equivalent to the one that was prescribed to me but hopefully putting less of a burden on my intestine than downing 875 mg all at once and can adjust more easily if relief happens earlier on in the course. will update with whats going on and also per Blossom's further feedback to my last post to her.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

update: decided i needed to start and saw that there is a regimen option for more severe infection of either 875 every 12 hours or 500 mg every 8 hours. so since it was 2:30 figured to try circa 500 mg every 8 hours- seems like it would be less harmful to intestine that zapping it with 875 all at once. so i cut an 875 in half and aimed to take a half plus a quarter of the other half to approximate 546.9 mg. eyeballing so not perfect but know im getting more that 500 per dose for sure so good enough. this way if i feel a huge improvement after 3 of the 500 mg doses maybe i can cut to 500 twice per day from there - better than 875 twice per day. and if i dont get improvement that quickly at least im still doing the recommended TID option that is equivalent to the one that was prescribed to me but hopefully putting less of a burden on my intestine than downing 875 mg all at once and can adjust more easily if relief happens earlier on in the course. will update with whats going on and also per Blossom's further feedback to my last post to her.
and man that first dose worked fast- so much relief in just 45 minutes makes me think i definitely dont need 875 and probably not even 500 TID over BID. Doctors really do go overkill with antibiotics.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thank you and i take that seriously coming from a medical professional.

When i asked for the antibiotic that is what i had thought would be called in (500 mg BID for 7 days) and i wrote back to the doc and asked for the 500 and if he thought the 875 were necessary. he replied the 875 was necessary so that is what i have. I took 500 twice a day last year for a vaginal staff infection (no idea how i got that ) and it worked; but that was a skin infection so a different regimen possibly.

Do you think its safest to 1) take the 875 mg every 12 hours for the full 7 day course or do you think that is overkill and alternatively 2) take 500 mg twice per day for 7 days should do it for a sinus/ear infection of moderate scale (not completely mild but not severe either)? Or alternatively, 3) take the 875 BID as prescribed and if i seem almost all better after a couple days, then just cut pills and take 500mg or thereabout BID for the remainder of the course? Curious which option of 1,2 or 3 you think is best?

I want to get rid of the infection but after months and months of intestinal healing it's finally good arghhh- just dont want to have to start all over again. i take your advice seriously since you are a health professional thank you!!!
I’m thinking the doctor probably prescribed 875 bid for 7 days to hopefully knock it out quickly. Often the course for sinus infections is 10 days. It does seem like the bugs we are dealing with these days need something strong unfortunately. At least you are doing everything right through your lifestyle to have strength and resilience!

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

I’m thinking the doctor probably prescribed 875 bid for 7 days to hopefully knock it out quickly. Often the course for sinus infections is 10 days. It does seem like the bugs we are dealing with these days need something strong unfortunately. At least you are doing everything right through your lifestyle to have strength and resilience!
thank you . per my post above i am taking the strongTID equivalent of the 875 times 2 which is 500 times 3- says its the same just another option. seems to me 500 at a time will be less distruptive than 875 in one shot. already feel better after first 500 so that tells me i dont necessarily need to zap my intestine with 875 a pop when maybe gentler to spread out the doses more with less at once and according to the standards the two options are still equally effective on the infection.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
thank you . per my post above i am taking the strongTID equivalent of the 875 times 2 which is 500 times 3- says its the same just another option. seems to me 500 at a time will be less distruptive than 875 in one shot. already feel better after first 500 so that tells me i dont necessarily need to zap my intestine with 875 a pop when maybe gentler to spread out the doses more with less at once and according to the standards the two options are still equally effective on the infection.
Sounds excellent! Great plan.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Glad you are better! I also have seen massive corrections of health conditions with 500mg single doses.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals