Applying Peat Antibiotic Principles when treating active sinus/ear infection

Advocate2021

I posted this in the supplements/pharmaceuticals category but reposting here in the event it is more appropriate and will get quicker response. thank you.

I have been wanting to experiment more with antibiotics Peat style for optimal bowel function and have mainly been using camphosal for this successfully. But now with winter and some reactions i had, i seem to be nursing a possible sinus/inner ear infection and not sure camphosal is doing the job so asked a doctor to call in amoxicillin for me . he called in 875 mg tablets twice per day for 7 days. that is the max dose and my infection is not on the most severe end of the continuum so seems really high. i want to get rid of it without ruining my intestine and having yeast issues. i will take sporebiotics, florastor and perhaps sulphur or undecenylenic actid to prevent these things; but does anyone have insight on peat style antibiotic regimen that will also do the job on the infection? Dr. Peat advised that best way to use antibiotics is to take a larger dose for a day or two and if symptoms subside decrease it for a couple days and if good take it a couple more days at the lower dose. But this is certainly not what is prescribed and i dont think that recommendation was necessarily for an active sinus or ear infection. I dont want to take too little and not do the job on the infection but i would like to take the lowest amount possible to clear the infection while deriving the intestinal benefits versus zapping the intestine and battling fungus.

Input please. thank you.

I posted this in the supplements/pharmaceuticals category but reposting here in the event it is more appropriate and will get quicker response. thank you.

I have been wanting to experiment more with antibiotics Peat style for optimal bowel function and have mainly been using camphosal for this successfully. But now with winter and some reactions i had, i seem to be nursing a possible sinus/inner ear infection and not sure camphosal is doing the job so asked a doctor to call in amoxicillin for me . he called in 875 mg tablets twice per day for 7 days. that is the max dose and my infection is not on the most severe end of the continuum so seems really high. i want to get rid of it without ruining my intestine and having yeast issues. i will take sporebiotics, florastor and perhaps sulphur or undecenylenic actid to prevent these things; but does anyone have insight on peat style antibiotic regimen that will also do the job on the infection? Dr. Peat advised that best way to use antibiotics is to take a larger dose for a day or two and if symptoms subside decrease it for a couple days and if good take it a couple more days at the lower dose. But this is certainly not what is prescribed and i dont think that recommendation was necessarily for an active sinus or ear infection. I dont want to take too little and not do the job on the infection but i would like to take the lowest amount possible to clear the infection while deriving the intestinal benefits versus zapping the intestine and battling fungus.

Input please. thank you.

What did you end up doing? How did it pan out?

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

What did you end up doing? How did it pan out?
I asked the doctor to call in 500 mg tablets 3 times per day and did that for 7 days with all of the other things i wrote above and helped my intestine and got rid of the infection .

LadyRae

I asked the doctor to call in 500 mg tablets 3 times per day and did that for 7 days with all of the other things i wrote above and helped my intestine and got rid of the infection .
I've the same great results from 500mg amoxicillin in the past. Glad to hear it worked well for you🙂

I've the same great results from 500mg amoxicillin in the past. Glad to hear it worked well for you🙂

pits good and seldom causes me digestive discomfort. Augmentin however is nasty. Same thing but with clavulanate. Terrible stuff.

Herbie

I know Ray was very cautious with dosages, as well as duration. He said he knew people who had taken too much and totally destroyed the colon bacteria which opened them up to more dangerous things. He said its difficult to re populate the colon and the only way being putting bacterias back up there.

It's appears good when the antibiotics kill everything in the small and large intestine.

I perceived what Ray said practically to get ones hands on enough antibiotics to take a conservative dose at first to see if symptoms improve and stop if they do and things don't improve up the dosage until but when life is demending and need to get it rectified take the larger dose first until symptoms disappear. I totally get why people once they feel better want to to continue to take it to make sure they are going to stay well.

I've taken the 500mg twice a day etc of amoxicillin, penicillin vk, doxycyline for one to two weeks and always a positive experience.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals