Why Do I Need Less Thyroid When I’m On Antibiotics?

Peater Pan

If I made a list of everything that happens in the body I bet 80% of it would be in the liver. I'd go so far as to say that any disease or condition in the body (excluding some caused by acute trauma) is caused by the liver failing to do something it is meant to do. And in modern times I think that's always a combination of excessive load of substances to process combined with deficiencies of the substances needed to do the processing. The liver clears hormones out of the system after they're no longer needed. Cells have optimal performance with no hormones, or only progesterone. Plus, some substances the liver needs to remove require very rare substances to clear them out, such as limonene from citrus peels or certain compounds found only in dill weed or caraway.
What would you recommend, aside from K and caffeine, for a congested liver probably causing massive histamine/serotonin (sinuses/breathing) and other issues for a hypothyroid patient who's probably low cortisol? I'm considering Progesterone, Cyproheptadine, Metergoline (though that opposes D2 receptor)…

Last edited:

yerrag

On antibiotics, the bacterial population is reduced. The lower pathogenic load puts less demands on the immune system, which produces ROS to kill the pathogens, and when there is leftover spillover ROS that causes oxidative stress on surrounding tissues, the immune system also has to produce antioxidants to neutralize the oxidative stress. In producing both oxidants (ROS) and antioxidants, the body needs NADPH, which is produced by the PPP (pentose phosphate pathway). The PPP competes with the oxidative phosphorylation pathway for glucose and some vitamins such as b1, so when there is great demand for NADPH, there will be less available glucose for oxphos.

When using antibiotics, there's more available glucose for producing energy, and with more energy produced, there's more energy to convert T4 to T3 by the liver, so there's less need for T3 supplementation.

Waynish

Except the millions who have little tissue left due to Hashi's destruction.
So something foreign named Hashi went into their neck and ate up their thyroid? I don't really feel weird for not believing this. Considering this is a Peat forum, how do you square that with the immune cells being around the thyroid not because they're attacking it - but because they're cleaning it up (as Peat et al often state)?

OP
Ravenslore

Ravenslore

What would you recommend, aside from K and caffeine, for a congested liver probably causing massive histamine/serotonin (sinuses/breathing) and other issues for a hypothyroid patient who's probably low cortisol? I'm considering Progesterone, Cyproheptadine, Metergoline (though that opposes D2 receptor)…
I recommend progesterone and vitamin E, based on my experience so far.

I recommend reading articles by the user @Hans :
There's one ^ and once you get on the website just read everything.

I made a reference for myself before reading all this stuff by Hans and it's still useful, although his includes much more up to date information. Here are my notes that help me figure out which phase is giving me trouble based on what I'm having exposure to, or what I might be deficient in:

The liver uses a two stage process that starts in almost every cell of your body.

PHASE I:

Cytochrome P450 System
- requires all the B vitamins, glutathione and flavonoids in order to work. Exercising helps to raise glutathione levels. Cooking reduces the glutathione content of vegetables by 30-60%.
Removes: This process makes, recycles and removes hormones, cholesterol and vitamin D. It also breaks down and removes drugs and toxins.
Requires Nutrients Found in These Foods:
Almonds, Apples, Asparagus, Avocados, Bananas, Beets,Berries, Brazil Nuts, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cardamom, Carrots, Cheeses, Cherries, Raw Dark Chocolate, Caraway, Cinnamon, Citrus Fruits, Citrus Peels, Cruciferous Vegetables, Dill Weed, Eggs, Garlic, Grapes, Kefir, Dark Leafy greens, Molasses, Mushrooms, Mustard Greens, Nutritional Yeast, Onions, Oysters, Parsley, Peaches, Pears, Peas, Pecans, Peppers, Potato, Purple Colored Produce, Raw Whey, Red Wine, Sage, Shell Fish, Spirulina, Spinach, Squash, Sweet Potatoes, Tea, Tomatoes, Turmeric, Turnip Greens, Walnuts, Watermelon. You can also take the supplements ALA (R-alpha lipoic acid,) NAC and vitamin C. Actually, these are the main ingredients needed for every stage of work going on in the liver.

Now that we've completed Phase I we have a nice sludge of toxins all ready for removal, and if Phase II isn't completed this sludge just backs up and causes a hazardous waste spill in our bodies, so don't stop here.

PHASE II:

Glutathione Conjugation
– Requires lots of Vitamin C, selenium, zinc, and B vitamins.
Removes: poisons in the liver, lungs, intestines and kidneys including aromatic disulphides, paththalene anthracene, and estrogens, including the xenoestrogens (environmental estrogens.)
(The same foods necessary for Cytochrome P450 above.)

GlucoronidationInhibited by Aspirin and probenecid.
Removes:
hormones, cleans up by-products of oil and fatty acid metabolism, and removes Benzoates from processed food additives. Also eliminates chemical and bacterial toxins, excess steroidal hormones, toxins from fungal infections and chemical toxins such as nitrosamines, aromatic amines, alcohols and phenols.(If you chewed your food thoroughly you have already started this part of the process with saliva.)
Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Caraway, Cashews, Chocolate, Citrus Zest, Dill Weed, Dark Leafy Greens, Mushrooms, Oysters, Peas, Pumpkin or Squash Seeds, Spirulina, Spinach.

Acetylation – Slow metabolizers and people very sensitive to chemicals have trouble with this.
Removes:
excess histamine, serotonin, sulfa drugs, PABA and chemicals like sulfur amides and hydranzines.
Almonds, Asparagus, Avocados, Berries, Broccoli, Cheeses, Citrus Fruits, Eggs, Guava, Kefir, Kiwis, Dark Leafy Greens, Lemon, Mushrooms, Oysters, Papayas, Peas, Pecans, Peppers, Spirulina, Spinach, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes.

Acylation -Hepatitis, chronic arthritis, and low thyroid involve problems with acylation.
Removes:
benzoate, aspirin and toluenes like the preservative BHT. Acetylation can be enhanced by alkalizing the pH.
Apples, Apple Cider Vinegar, Avocados, Bananas, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Eggs, Figs, Garlic, Lemon, Mushrooms, Pumpkin and Squash Seeds, Spirulina, Squash, Sweet Potatoes.

Methylation – Helps to create the important nutrients carnitine. Creatine, and choline.
Removes: excess hormones and neurotransmitters, including steroidal hormones like estrogen, adrenaline, dopamine, melatonin, histamine and serotonin. Eliminates homecysteine and chemical amines and phenols.
Almonds, Asparagus, Avocados, Bananas, Beets, Broccoli, Raw Dark Chocolate, Eggs, Figs, Kefir, Dark Leafy Greens, Molasses, Oysters, Parsley, Peppers, Potatoes, Pumpkin and Squash Seeds, Quinoa, Shell Fish, Spirulina, Spinach, Tea, Turnip Greens.

Sulfation – is inhibited by NSAIDs.
Removes:
stress hormones, especially Cortisol. This is the primary way to get rid of excess neurotransmitters, environmental toxins, many drugs, and poisons from bad intestinal bacteria.
Almonds, Avocados, Bananas, Broccoli, Cheeses, Raw Dark Chocolate, Cruciferous Vegetables, Eggs, Garlic, Kefir, Nutritional Yeast, Onions, Peas, Pumpkin and Squash Seeds, Raw Milk, Spirulina. It is also helpful to take MSM and Tyrosine.

(These are definitely not all the processes in phase II.)

There are a few standard liver support “super foods.” These can literally regenerate your liver in many ways. They are dandelion and the supplement milk thistle. Be careful the first time you use milk thistle because I do know some people who are extremely allergic to it.

Also, just because these supplements and nutrients assist with a given process doesn't mean you should take them. I think it's a good idea to scan this for foods or substances that seem important because of your diet and lifestyle. And then once you've made a mental note of those go and read Hans's articles. If your like me you'll need a notepad to start organizing it all into supplement stacks that are realistic for you.

Peater Pan

I recommend progesterone and vitamin E, based on my experience so far.

I recommend reading articles by the user @Hans :
There's one ^ and once you get on the website just read everything.

I made a reference for myself before reading all this stuff by Hans and it's still useful, although his includes much more up to date information. Here are my notes that help me figure out which phase is giving me trouble based on what I'm having exposure to, or what I might be deficient in:

The liver uses a two stage process that starts in almost every cell of your body.

PHASE I:

Cytochrome P450 System
- requires all the B vitamins, glutathione and flavonoids in order to work. Exercising helps to raise glutathione levels. Cooking reduces the glutathione content of vegetables by 30-60%.
Removes: This process makes, recycles and removes hormones, cholesterol and vitamin D. It also breaks down and removes drugs and toxins.
Requires Nutrients Found in These Foods: Almonds, Apples, Asparagus, Avocados, Bananas, Beets,Berries, Brazil Nuts, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cardamom, Carrots, Cheeses, Cherries, Raw Dark Chocolate, Caraway, Cinnamon, Citrus Fruits, Citrus Peels, Cruciferous Vegetables, Dill Weed, Eggs, Garlic, Grapes, Kefir, Dark Leafy greens, Molasses, Mushrooms, Mustard Greens, Nutritional Yeast, Onions, Oysters, Parsley, Peaches, Pears, Peas, Pecans, Peppers, Potato, Purple Colored Produce, Raw Whey, Red Wine, Sage, Shell Fish, Spirulina, Spinach, Squash, Sweet Potatoes, Tea, Tomatoes, Turmeric, Turnip Greens, Walnuts, Watermelon. You can also take the supplements ALA (R-alpha lipoic acid,) NAC and vitamin C. Actually, these are the main ingredients needed for every stage of work going on in the liver.

Now that we've completed Phase I we have a nice sludge of toxins all ready for removal, and if Phase II isn't completed this sludge just backs up and causes a hazardous waste spill in our bodies, so don't stop here.

PHASE II:

Glutathione Conjugation
– Requires lots of Vitamin C, selenium, zinc, and B vitamins.
Removes: poisons in the liver, lungs, intestines and kidneys including aromatic disulphides, paththalene anthracene, and estrogens, including the xenoestrogens (environmental estrogens.)
Requires Nutrients Found in These Foods: (The same foods necessary for Cytochrome P450 above.)

GlucoronidationInhibited by Aspirin and probenecid.
Removes: hormones, cleans up by-products of oil and fatty acid metabolism, and removes Benzoates from processed food additives. Also eliminates chemical and bacterial toxins, excess steroidal hormones, toxins from fungal infections and chemical toxins such as nitrosamines, aromatic amines, alcohols and phenols.(If you chewed your food thoroughly you have already started this part of the process with saliva.)
Requires Nutrients Found in These Foods: Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Caraway, Cashews, Chocolate, Citrus Zest, Dill Weed, Dark Leafy Greens, Mushrooms, Oysters, Peas, Pumpkin or Squash Seeds, Spirulina, Spinach.

Acetylation – Slow metabolizers and people very sensitive to chemicals have trouble with this.
Removes: excess histamine, serotonin, sulfa drugs, PABA and chemicals like sulfur amides and hydranzines.
Requires Nutrients Found in These Foods: Almonds, Asparagus, Avocados, Berries, Broccoli, Cheeses, Citrus Fruits, Eggs, Guava, Kefir, Kiwis, Dark Leafy Greens, Lemon, Mushrooms, Oysters, Papayas, Peas, Pecans, Peppers, Spirulina, Spinach, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes.

Acylation -Hepatitis, chronic arthritis, and low thyroid involve problems with acylation.
Removes: benzoate, aspirin and toluenes like the preservative BHT. Acetylation can be enhanced by alkalizing the pH.
Requires Nutrients Found in These Foods: Apples, Apple Cider Vinegar, Avocados, Bananas, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Eggs, Figs, Garlic, Lemon, Mushrooms, Pumpkin and Squash Seeds, Spirulina, Squash, Sweet Potatoes.

Methylation – Helps to create the important nutrients carnitine. Creatine, and choline.
Removes: excess hormones and neurotransmitters, including steroidal hormones like estrogen, adrenaline, dopamine, melatonin, histamine and serotonin. Eliminates homecysteine and chemical amines and phenols.
Requires Nutrients Found in These Foods: Almonds, Asparagus, Avocados, Bananas, Beets, Broccoli, Raw Dark Chocolate, Eggs, Figs, Kefir, Dark Leafy Greens, Molasses, Oysters, Parsley, Peppers, Potatoes, Pumpkin and Squash Seeds, Quinoa, Shell Fish, Spirulina, Spinach, Tea, Turnip Greens.

Sulfation – is inhibited by NSAIDs.
Removes: stress hormones, especially Cortisol. This is the primary way to get rid of excess neurotransmitters, environmental toxins, many drugs, and poisons from bad intestinal bacteria.
Requires Nutrients Found in These Foods: Almonds, Avocados, Bananas, Broccoli, Cheeses, Raw Dark Chocolate, Cruciferous Vegetables, Eggs, Garlic, Kefir, Nutritional Yeast, Onions, Peas, Pumpkin and Squash Seeds, Raw Milk, Spirulina. It is also helpful to take MSM and Tyrosine.

(These are definitely not all the processes in phase II.)

There are a few standard liver support “super foods.” These can literally regenerate your liver in many ways. They are dandelion and the supplement milk thistle. Be careful the first time you use milk thistle because I do know some people who are extremely allergic to it.

Also, just because these supplements and nutrients assist with a given process doesn't mean you should take them. I think it's a good idea to scan this for foods or substances that seem important because of your diet and lifestyle. And then once you've made a mental note of those go and read Hans's articles. If your like me you'll need a notepad to start organizing it all into supplement stacks that are realistic for you.
Thank you! I have Vitamin E (HN's) and will probably get some Progest-e, and will check out this article. How much Vit E (dose)?

Peater Pan

So something foreign named Hashi went into their neck and ate up their thyroid? I don't really feel weird for not believing this. Considering this is a Peat forum, how do you square that with the immune cells being around the thyroid not because they're attacking it - but because they're cleaning it up (as Peat et al often state)?
So how do you explain an Ultrasound which shows very little thyroid tissue and what is there is 'heterogenous?' Whether they're attacking, or 'cleaning,' there is still a problem. How do you stop it? My TSH was >150.

OP
Ravenslore

Ravenslore

Thank you! I have Vitamin E (HN's) and will probably get some Progest-e, and will check out this article. How much Vit E (dose)?
I use @haidut 's Tocovit and I adjust the dose depending on what I eat. If I eat anything I suspect has unsaturated fat in it I take 15 drops with that. And I try to make sure that I get at least 20 drops in any given day. I feel like I could probably use more.

In August I got a ton of blood tests done. They showed high platelets and extremely low everything else iron/rbc related. Also extremely high values across the board (except normal "ratio") on lipid panel. High A1C, low aldosterone, low estradiol, low sex hormone binding globulin, and virtually no progesterone at all in my system. Although cortisol was normal.

So then I went to an endocrinologist that did a bunch more tests. She did an ultrasound of my thyroid which looked perfect in every way. So she did another on my liver which showed that it looked good in every metric except fat content. I had high testosterone. And she was worried about my heart because of the lipid panel, but calcium scoring was 0. So that was perfect too.

Based on all that she said that I have Fatty Liver Disease, probably from sleep disturbances from Periodic Limb Movement Disorder which runs in my family. She says the liver metabolizes fats at night during deep sleep and the only problem I'm having is a fatty liver from sleep disturbances, and possibly PCOS, although we haven't looked at that yet.

She switched me from desiccated thyroid to brand name Synthroid at a dose equivalent to less than half the dose I was on with desiccated. Initially I had bad symptoms of hypothyroidism, but recovered after 10 days and am now doing really well on 75mcg Synthroid for the past 4 - 5 months.

Based on that info I decided that most of my abnormal results were iron deficiency, probably not from lack of iron in my diet, and started taking colloidal copper.

I started TocoVit based on advice here in the forum. It's the #1 To Do on people's lists for Fatty Liver Disease.

I'm thinking of trying Metergoline, but haven't had time to read all about it. (My roommate is looking to try it to eliminate residual endometrial tissue after a hysterectomy, so I'll research it soon.)

Currently I'm taking
75 mcg Synthroid
14 drops of Progestene 2x daily
14 drops of Energin 2X daily
200mg magnesium glycinate and 10 drops Tocovit in the morning
24 ounces of coffee with honey, milk, and himalayan salt
then some pasture raised eggs, a raw carrot and an orange.
with lunch I have meat and fruit and take 3 capsules of Betaine HCl. I also take a big scoop of glycine, calcium carbonate, a little bentonite clay, a lot of turmeric, cinnamon and dark chocolate all in a kefir shooter with honey and followed by some crystallized ginger.
After lunch I have 12 more ounces of coffee with honey and salt
I usually have apples and cheese or coconut cookies for a snack
I have a Blue Apron recipe or equivalent gluten free/low or no starch meal for dinner and take a TUDCA with it. If that has meat in it I take another glycine shooter. If it has fat I take more Tocovit.
Before bed I have half a cap of colloidal copper.

For exercise I play Beat Saber for 40 minutes and then walk a mile at lunch

This is the best protocol I've ever had. I'm not losing weight on it. But I'm also not gaining it. My hair is not falling out. My clothes fit much better. And I'm not having any symptoms I normally experience of both hypo and hyper thyroid at once. I'm not thrilled with it, but it's the first time in decades that I haven't felt like I'm on a slippery slope.

Last edited:

Peater Pan

I use @haidut 's Tocovit and I adjust the dose depending on what I eat. If I eat anything I suspect has unsaturated fat in it I take 15 drops with that. And I try to make sure that I get at least 20 drops in any given day. I feel like I could probably use more.

In August I got a ton of blood tests done. They showed high platelets and extremely low everything else iron/rbc related. Also extremely high values across the board (except normal "ratio") on lipid panel. High A1C, low aldosterone, low estradiol, low sex hormone binding globulin, and virtually no progesterone at all in my system. Although cortisol was normal.

So then I went to an endocrinologist that did a bunch more tests. She did an ultrasound of my thyroid which looked perfect in every way. So she did another on my liver which showed that it looked good in every metric except fat content. I had high testosterone. And she was worried about my heart because of the lipid panel, but calcium scoring was 0. So that was perfect too.

Based on all that she said that I have Fatty Liver Disease, probably from sleep disturbances from Periodic Limb Movement Disorder which runs in my family. She says the liver metabolizes fats at night during deep sleep and the only problem I'm having is a fatty liver from sleep disturbances, and possibly PCOS, although we haven't looked at that yet.

She switched me from desiccated thyroid to brand name Synthroid at a dose equivalent to less than half the dose I was on with desiccated. Initially I had bad symptoms of hypothyroidism, but recovered after 10 days and am now doing really well on 75mcg Synthroid for the past 4 - 5 months.

Based on that info I decided that most of my abnormal results were iron deficiency, probably not from lack of iron in my diet, and started taking colloidal copper.

I started TocoVit based on advice here in the forum. It's the #1 To Do on people's lists for Fatty Liver Disease.

I'm thinking of trying Metergoline, but haven't had time to read all about it. (My roommate is looking to try it to eliminate residual endometrial tissue after a hysterectomy, so I'll research it soon.)

Currently I'm taking
75 mcg Synthroid
14 drops of Progestene 2x daily
14 drops of Energin 2X daily
200mg magnesium glycinate and 10 drops Tocovit in the morning
24 ounces of coffee with honey, milk, and himalayan salt
then some pasture raised eggs, a raw carrot and an orange.
with lunch I have meat and fruit and take 3 capsules of Betaine HCl. I also take a big scoop of glycine, calcium carbonate, a little bentonite clay, a lot of turmeric, cinnamon and dark chocolate all in a kefir shooter with honey and followed by some crystallized ginger.
After lunch I have 12 more ounces of coffee with honey and salt
I usually have apples and cheese or coconut cookies for a snack
I have a Blue Apron recipe or equivalent gluten free/low or no starch meal for dinner and take a TUDCA with it. If that has meat in it I take another glycine shooter. If it has fat I take more Tocovit.
Before bed I have half a cap of colloidal copper.

For exercise I play Beat Saber for 40 minutes and then walk a mile at lunch

This is the best protocol I've ever had. I'm not losing weight on it. But I'm also not gaining it. My hair is not falling out. My clothes fit much better. And I'm not having any symptoms I normally experience of both hypo and hyper thyroid at once. I'm not thrilled with it, but it's the first time in decades that I haven't felt like I'm on a slippery slope.
Thanks! I had fatty liver via a scan before and some liver issues due to APAP (haven't taken in two years). Like you, coming off too much T3 it seems. Hashi's (TSH >150 untreated). Switched off NDT (it's all trash these days) to generic T4 and a small dose of T3. Still feeling the withdrawal/crash effects but some improvements lately. Tons of histamine/allergy issues. Temps are not there yet. Trying to cut supplements and eat better but realize they may be needed. Need to get some blood tests soon. Do you take Progestene, Energin and Tocovit topically or orally? Looks like your eating and moving well. Well done. I need to get more direct sunlight too. I'm reading Dr. Kenneth Blanchard's book, Functional Approach to Hypothyroidism, ATM. Also, reading two of Paul Robinson's.
PS—I recall @haidut writing that Vit K can really clean up the liver.

OP
Ravenslore

Ravenslore

Vitamin K gives me a headache for some reason. I get headaches from Tyrosine, Taurine if I take it too regularly, vitamin K, chromium picolinate and gingko. I almost never have a headache other than these causes.

I take energy and tocovit orally and progestene topically alternating between the navel and other areas if that gets red from too much use.

I think if you have allergies you definitely need progesterone. In my experience all allergies and even general irritability and paranoia as a personality trait come from lack of progesterone. My theory is that your entire brain, body and immune system have a constant default setting of "flip out," and progesterone flips that switch to "chill." IMO it's the only hormone that does anything useful. . . although I guess testosterone is pretty fun at parties.

It sounds like you need more coffee haha. Probably magnesium too.

Peater Pan

Vitamin K gives me a headache for some reason. I get headaches from Tyrosine, Taurine if I take it too regularly, vitamin K, chromium picolinate and gingko. I almost never have a headache other than these causes.

I take energy and tocovit orally and progestene topically alternating between the navel and other areas if that gets red from too much use.

I think if you have allergies you definitely need progesterone. In my experience all allergies and even general irritability and paranoia as a personality trait come from lack of progesterone. My theory is that your entire brain, body and immune system have a constant default setting of "flip out," and progesterone flips that switch to "chill." IMO it's the only hormone that does anything useful. . . although I guess testosterone is pretty fun at parties.

It sounds like you need more coffee haha. Probably magnesium too.
Thank you! I have B complex and E from HN. I will get some Preg. I've had a URI since end of 2019 and been under tremendous stress, irritable, paranoid, poor sleep quality, etc. I have Mg glycinate too. It didn't help that the quality WP Thyroid disappeared and I went through TWO NDT med recalls so my thyroid has been a mess. I'm experimenting w/Dr. Blanchard's ideas of 98.5:1.5 T4:T3 but my temps have been dropping since I started that so increasing doses. I've not been tolerating caffeine as well recently (probably due to less T3) and my digestion hasn't been as good as usual, e.g., early satiety, bloating. At least BMs are regular.

OP
Ravenslore

Ravenslore

Caffeine tolerance is one of my most important markers I pay attention to to determine my liver function. Caffeine is removed in the first phase, which is probably the most important. So, if you're sensitive to caffeine it's a problem.

Vitamin C is important for that phase, but don't take supplemental vitamin C because it's made from black mold and causes all the symptoms it's supposed to prevent. The common food that is highest in vitamin C is sweet peppers. I think vitamin C might be destroyed by heat, so try to have it in fruit or peppers.

You might use these foods to assist your liver:

Apples, Bananas, Berries, Cardamom, Carrots, Cheeses, Cherries, Raw Dark Chocolate, Caraway, Cinnamon, Citrus Fruits, Citrus Peels, Dill Weed, Eggs, Garlic, Kefir, Molasses, Mushrooms, Onions, Oysters, Parsley, Peaches, Pears, Peppers, Potato, Purple Colored Produce, Raw Whey, Red Wine, Sage, Shell Fish, Spirulina, Sweet Potatoes, Tea, Turmeric, Watermelon.

(I deleted stuff in this list that has way too much fiber or questionable oils.) Here are my favorite phase one support snacks:

sweet peppers stuffed with cream cheese

apples with sharp cheddar

kefir with honey, cardamom, and cinnamon

goat cheese with marmalade or frozen cherries

kefir with molasses, cottage cheese, cinnamon, clove and diced apple

purple carrots and/or purple sweet potato in the toaster

probably the most important thing is pasture raised eggs ... or oysters. I freaking love oysters, but they are so hard to find.

But you have to keep in mind the main thing you're trying to do is reduce endotoxin. So, don't have too much fiber. And if there's protein in something try taking Betaine with it. Have mushrooms, coconut oil, garlic, oregano, pau d'arco and stuff like that that kills bacteria. If you have trouble avoiding starches and fibers it might be a good idea to take a bifidobacterium probiotic and/or a saccharomyces boulardii, for the purpose of killing off other bacteria and yeasts. Although it's best to have no bacteria I think.

Peater Pan

Caffeine tolerance is one of my most important markers I pay attention to to determine my liver function. Caffeine is removed in the first phase, which is probably the most important. So, if you're sensitive to caffeine it's a problem.

Vitamin C is important for that phase, but don't take supplemental vitamin C because it's made from black mold and causes all the symptoms it's supposed to prevent. The common food that is highest in vitamin C is sweet peppers. I think vitamin C might be destroyed by heat, so try to have it in fruit or peppers.

You might use these foods to assist your liver:

Apples, Bananas, Berries, Cardamom, Carrots, Cheeses, Cherries, Raw Dark Chocolate, Caraway, Cinnamon, Citrus Fruits, Citrus Peels, Dill Weed, Eggs, Garlic, Kefir, Molasses, Mushrooms, Onions, Oysters, Parsley, Peaches, Pears, Peppers, Potato, Purple Colored Produce, Raw Whey, Red Wine, Sage, Shell Fish, Spirulina, Sweet Potatoes, Tea, Turmeric, Watermelon.

(I deleted stuff in this list that has way too much fiber or questionable oils.) Here are my favorite phase one support snacks:

sweet peppers stuffed with cream cheese

apples with sharp cheddar

kefir with honey, cardamom, and cinnamon

goat cheese with marmalade or frozen cherries

kefir with molasses, cottage cheese, cinnamon, clove and diced apple

purple carrots and/or purple sweet potato in the toaster

probably the most important thing is pasture raised eggs ... or oysters. I freaking love oysters, but they are so hard to find.

But you have to keep in mind the main thing you're trying to do is reduce endotoxin. So, don't have too much fiber. And if there's protein in something try taking Betaine with it. Have mushrooms, coconut oil, garlic, oregano, pau d'arco and stuff like that that kills bacteria. If you have trouble avoiding starches and fibers it might be a good idea to take a bifidobacterium probiotic and/or a saccharomyces boulardii, for the purpose of killing off other bacteria and yeasts. Although it's best to have no bacteria I think.
Some great suggestions! I'm eating many of the foods you list. Took a large dose of K (20 mg today and some E. I get tons of OJ and use Camu Camu (organic, freeze-dried) for C. I took GAC with coconut oil first thing today. Yesterday I had liver and onions, oysters, pastured eggs, lowfat sugared/salted milk, bone broth, fresh pineapple, cheese, coffee and still slept poorly. I think I'm underdosed on thyroid. Increasing…I have some doxycycline. I may try cypro but maybe should start w/Progesterone?

OP
Ravenslore

Ravenslore

Progesterone is a great sedative. I like that it makes me sleepy but not "tired"

Peater Pan

Progesterone is a great sedative. I like that it makes me sleepy but not "tired"
Now to brands…Progest-E, Idea Labs, Health Natura??? As, a guy, I assume I'll take small 3-6 mg transdermal doses to start? Or should I megadose (? mg) to wreck estrogen?