Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Accutaine/Isotrentinoin

Discussion in 'Skin' started by Alex Jaramillo, Dec 22, 2018.

?

Does Isotrentinoin lower DHT?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alex Jaramillo

Alex Jaramillo Member

2. Hans

Hans Member

"The most pronounced effect was observed in skin biopsies, which lost 80% of their ability to form 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone (P < 0.001). It is concluded that 13-cis-RA therapy in men with severe nodulocystic acne did not alter gonadal or adrenal functions, but it did induce 1) a highly significant decrease in 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone formation by skin biopsies; 2) significant decreases in serum 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone, androsterone glucosiduronate, and 5 alpha-androstan-3 alpha, 17 beta-diol glucosiduronate; and, finally, 3) deviation of the liver androgen 5 alpha- to 5 beta-reduction pathway. The effect of 13-cis-RA treatment on severe acne is consistent with the dramatic decrease in androgen 5 alpha-reduction observed mainly in the skin."
    Evidence for decreased androgen 5 alpha-reduction in skin and liver of men with severe acne after 13-cis-retinoic acid treatment. - PubMed - NCBI

I found an interesting study the other day that retinoic acid messes with glucocorticoid negative feedback signalling, which would significantly increase CRH, which is inflammatory.

"we show that all-transretinoic acid (RA)-induced HPA activation involves impairments in glucocorticoid receptor (GR) negative feedback."
    All-<i>trans</i> retinoic acid-induced hypothalamus–pituitary–adrenal hyperactivity involves glucocorticoid receptor dysregulation

However, the dose was injected into the brain and the effect might be a lot less potent when consumed orally in humans. This might perhaps partly explain the negative effect people get from vit A.

3. OP
    Alex Jaramillo

Alex Jaramillo Member

Hmmm that’s interesting. Do you think a decrease in serum 5 alpha DHT would have a systemic affect? I’m thinking that you can recover from finasteride, Accutaine and dutasteride.

4. LeeLemonoil

LeeLemonoil Member

It’s good compiling such publications.
    I don’t know how many acne patients suffered from severe isotretinoin-effects over the decades, but many did.

5. LeeLemonoil

LeeLemonoil Member

It shifts liver-metabolism enzymes to 5beta-pathway. That’s unheard of. Can’t wrap my head around the consequences, butcthdy can’t be to beneficial.

And decrease in Androsterone-Glucoronate hints at a very reduce androgen reservoir or synthesis

6. OP
    Alex Jaramillo

Alex Jaramillo Member

Maybe healing the liver is the key to recovery?