DHT Lowers Cortisol, Estrogen And Is Neuroprotective

Wagner83

Ain't dopamine and adrenaline related so that raising dopamine (which dht most likely does) a lot will increase adrenaline?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ain't dopamine and adrenaline related so that raising dopamine (which dht most likely does) a lot will increase adrenaline?

Yes, but it is ratio of the dopamine/adrenaline that matters. In some people the dopamine gets quickly degraded into adrenaline/noradrenaline so raising dopamine may lead to higher stress symptoms. I think user @Regina is one of the people with high adrenaline/noradrenaline and low dopamine, so maybe she can shed more light on that.

Wolf

Yes, but it is ratio of the dopamine/adrenaline that matters. In some people the dopamine gets quickly degraded into adrenaline/noradrenaline so raising dopamine may lead to higher stress symptoms. I think user @Regina is one of the people with high adrenaline/noradrenaline and low dopamine, so maybe she can shed more light on that.
I notice a greater amount of adrenaline symptoms with dopamine raising substances when I don't get adequate sunlight, artificial or natural. As little as 30 minutes of sunlight or 10 minutes of a full spectrum grow bulb seem to do the trick.

A.R

I notice a greater amount of adrenaline symptoms with dopamine raising substances when I don't get adequate sunlight, artificial or natural. As little as 30 minutes of sunlight or 10 minutes of a full spectrum grow bulb seem to do the trick.
Is there a specific body part where you shine the bulb? Thank You

Wolf

Is there a specific body part where you shine the bulb? Thank You
I set the bulb up so its shining at my face at an angle and its roughly 2-3 ft away. I do this when I'm on the computer for longer durations and can't get outside.

A.R

I set the bulb up so its shining at my face at an angle and its roughly 2-3 ft away. I do this when I'm on the computer for longer durations and can't get outside.
Ok thanks

A.R

What colour light does the bulb emit?

Wolf

A.R

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/zilla-day-blue-light-incandescent-bulb
Something like this, but 150W or so. I've been meaning to pick up a high powered LED bulb or soldering a board together. I use the FEIT red LED bulbs in my room before sleeping.
Edit: I also supplement Glycine(Pharm grade), so that may have a lot to do with why I no longer get high adrenaline from the Dopamine/DHT boosting supplements.
Do you think this would be any good?

NEW E27 106 LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Hydroponic Vegs Plant Growing Lamp Bulb 714890531956 | eBay

Wolf

That looks like 106 LEDs using a total of 18W. Seems a bit underpowered.
The only reason I use the blue/red incandescent grow lights is because they're cheap and get the job done. I would get something at least 100W if I was investing in LED. The lack of excessive heat being given off would let me shine certain problem areas without cooking myself, haha. I know on AliBaba and AliExpress you can get some pretty powerful LEDs in different wavelengths, but I don't know the standard deviation in color output for these.
What are you using the LED for to begin with?

A.R

That looks like 106 LEDs using a total of 18W. Seems a bit underpowered.
The only reason I use the blue/red incandescent grow lights is because they're cheap and get the job done. I would get something at least 100W if I was investing in LED. The lack of excessive heat being given off would let me shine certain problem areas without cooking myself, haha. I know on AliBaba and AliExpress you can get some pretty powerful LEDs in different wavelengths, but I don't know the standard deviation in color output for these.
What are you using the LED for to begin with?
Thanks for your reply

I was hoping to copy you in using light to treat adrenaline problems

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals