A collection of reported nutrients that have eliminated Dandruff

GorillaHead

I will continue to update this thread, as my old dandruff threads have gotten messy.

I have read on this very forum many different anecdotes regarding dandruff.

People have reported,

Retinol- There are numerous anecdotes on here claiming this solved or exaceberated their dandruff. There is even pubmed studies that claim isotretinoin solved their seborrheic dermatitis and a study that claims the opposite which are inline with the forums users experiences.

Vitamin E- One person on this forum claims that only vitamin e cured his dandruff

Calcium- Like retinol people have reported this solved their dandruff on the forum and some reported it made it worse

Vitamin B6- Some reported this solved their dandruff

Interestingly the relationship Retinol, Vitamin E and Calcium have are very very close and direct.

Please report any experiences with nutrients that had a negative or positive effect on ur dandruff as long as you are very sure of the experience is likely being related to this nutrient demonstrated through repeat experiences resulting in the same patterned result.

liber1

Taurine helped me to prevent hair fall and hair fall almost always coincides with dandruff for me. Maybe a connection there with the other vitamins.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Taurine helped me to prevent hair fall and hair fall almost always coincides with dandruff for me. Maybe a connection there with the other vitamins.
This is interesting. Taurine calcium channel modifier and pulls retinol from the liver.

liber1

This is interesting. Taurine calcium channel modifier and pulls retinol from the liver.
Does this sort of mean that taurine makes those nutrients more readily available? If so, I may just increase calcium and retinol consumption

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Does this sort of mean that taurine makes those nutrients more readily available? If so, I may just increase calcium and retinol consumption
Not sure. Its funny cause taurine makes my dandruff way worse

Motorneuron

Probably the main cause is the endotoxin and/or bacterial so we should direct our attention to the intestine...but as for something to apply on the hair I don't know, maybe vitamin E. I forgot...also having a sulfur metabolism efficient is essential 👍

alephx

Stopped coffee (almost, can do caffeine but coffee only with thiamine)
Vinegar only as hair wash most days
When using shampoo, very mild shampoo and coconut oil conditioner without exception.

Dandruff almost gone

Check your water 👍

LastingJoy

Vitamin d is the only thing that helped me
hi, i also noticed that i had a few itchy spots these last months, and many of them went away when i did lower considerably honey, and that i exposed my self to intense midday sunlight.

in my experience itchy spots/dandruff seems to be associated to suboptimal DHT/E2 ratio characteristics, sugar/honey can make me feel better at first, quickly cause symptoms if i do not eat enough good organs/meat to compensate, and even then i have not found an optimal balance yet.

Mauritio

BIOTIN !!!
B2 and B6 to a lesser degree as well .
But I need 4mg/day of biotin to keep dandruff at bay .

aniciete

Interesting. Do you notice anything other with the exclusion of fructose?
Mild gyno vanished, psoriasis symptoms are gone and no more plaque buildup on my teeth.

Still not sure what the fructose is doing but maybe it’s feeding a certain type of bacteria.

Summer

Mild gyno vanished, psoriasis symptoms are gone and no more plaque buildup on my teeth.

Still not sure what the fructose is doing but maybe it’s feeding a certain type of bacteria.
Would you mind sharing what a typical day of eating looks like for you? Or at least what carbs you eat while avoiding fructose?

aniciete

Would you mind sharing what a typical day of eating looks like for you? Or at least what carbs you eat while avoiding fructose?
Pork, beef, fish, white rice, milk, eggs. Usually average around 300g of carbs but I feel like my blood sugar is much more stable minus the fructose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals