830nm Red Light - Working Great Against Hair Loss, But Causes Facial Acne?

I've been using the Infrared Light Mini on my head and found it to greatly reduce the typical MPB shedding and inflammation.

I use it a few times daily with a couple of hours in between, for 2-3 minutes, at a distance of around 4" and I find that that length is just about right for my scalp to become numb and the inflammation to significantly die down.

However, since I've been doing that I have some nasty outbreaks all over my face. I've had acne under control for a long time but now it's getting out of hand again. How is that possible when I'm not even pointing it at my face but at my head? Should I start supplementing Retinol or something? I really don't want to have to stop using it but I can't look like a shrapnel victim either.

Thanks for any suggestions

Dhair

I've been using the Infrared Light Mini on my head and found it to greatly reduce the typical MPB shedding and inflammation.

I use it a few times daily with a couple of hours in between, for 2-3 minutes, at a distance of around 4" and I find that that length is just about right for my scalp to become numb and the inflammation to significantly die down.

However, since I've been doing that I have some nasty outbreaks all over my face. I've had acne under control for a long time but now it's getting out of hand again. How is that possible when I'm not even pointing it at my face but at my head? Should I start supplementing Retinol or something? I really don't want to have to stop using it but I can't look like a shrapnel victim either.

I think Ray Peat said that he once fell asleep with a red light on, and when he woke up he had a couple spots of acne, and that's how he knew it was increasing his metabolism. So yes, vitamin A should do the trick. Just of curiosity, is the light only that one wavelength?

Last edited:

Mr_Jeff

You should try a different wavelength of between 600Nm-720Nm. I have bought super bright LEDs in the 660Nm range for lots of healing uses. Great for scalp issues, sore joints and muscle pain. I extracted this info from early Russian technology owing to their superior results. The 600Nm-720Nm penetrates very deep compared to other wavelengths, hence its effectiveness for deep muscle injuries.
Hope this helps, cheers Mr_Jeff.

ddjd

which of the two wavelengths do you think is more beneficial? 760 or 830? and do you think its working because the its improving COX activity and releasing bound nitric oxide?

OP
MyUsernameHere
which of the two wavelengths do you think is more beneficial? 760 or 830? and do you think its working because the its improving COX activity and releasing bound nitric oxide?

830, and there was a Korean study that supports this too. I think it works by reducing various inflammatory factors.

EIRE24

What did you use to get your acne under control?

ddjd

You should try a different wavelength of between 600Nm-720Nm. I have bought super bright LEDs in the 660Nm range for lots of healing uses. Great for scalp issues, sore joints and muscle pain. I extracted this info from early Russian technology owing to their superior results. The 600Nm-720Nm penetrates very deep compared to other wavelengths, hence its effectiveness for deep muscle injuries.
Hope this helps, cheers Mr_Jeff.
Jeff I've just bought a big LED light- 300watts - with just 660nm and 850nm. Do you think these are the best wavelengths?

OP
MyUsernameHere
What did you use to get your acne under control?

No idea, I think my hormones are much more balanced nowadays than they used to be. And improving thyroid function via red light and blackseed oil really helps as well. But even without those, I don't get much acne. I eat some liver occasionally for vitamin A too.

OP
MyUsernameHere
interesting. so do you think the 760nm is not so important?

If I had to guess I would say no, and that 830 is doing most of the heavy lifting, but I've never used an 830-only light so it's hard to say for sure.

Motif

I'm curious if this works.

Do I need to shave my hair, so the light can reach my scalp?

x-ray peat

Ive been using both 660 and 850 for diffuse thinning. Shedding has completely stopped. Still waiting for thickness to come back though.

I just checked Valtsus clinical research spreadsheet and most of the hair loss studies were done using 630 and 655 nm with some 808 and 830 nm.

ddjd

Ive been using both 660 and 850 for diffuse thinning. Shedding has completely stopped. Still waiting for thickness to come back though.

I just checked Valtsus clinical research spreadsheet and most of the hair loss studies were done using 630 and 655 nm with some 808 and 830 nm.
Which product are you using

GorillaHead

Any regrowth yet ?

Hugh Johnson

Your brain metabolism is up. The brain needs to get rid of iron which it gathers due to high metabolic rate, and the face is the closest place it can dump it. So iron then promotes bacterial growth in the face.

Donate blood and take some aspirin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals