Red Light Or LLLT For Hypothyroidism

Guacamayo

I've been using a the infra-red/red light (670nm and 830nm range) from the Red Light Man for around a month now in order to boost my thyroid function and I'm feeling absolutely nothing from it. I use it three times a week, spaced 2 days apart, for 20 minutes each time at a distance of approximately 15cm.

I've tried shining it on my thyroid for the full 20 minutes, doing 10 minutes through the ear and 10 minutes on the thyroid, 10 minutes on the forehead and 10 minutes on the thyroid, and I've been getting absolutely no reaction. By that I mean I've been getting no positive or negative reaction, such as an increase in energy or thyroid output or, on the flip side, any fatigue.

Although my Free T4 thyroid levels have dropped over the past month and many hypothyroid symptoms have returned, coinciding with the use of the red light, that could also be down to my body becoming accustomed to the dosage of the Natural desiccated thyroid I'm taking.

Would anyone be able to give some advice as to how to improve my use of the red light- specifically for boosting the thyroid's function, or should I chalk it up to my body simply being less responsive to red light treatment than others?

Lotte

I think you overdose red light. For gland therapy you need 10-40 J per area. You can calculate the dose:
mW/cm2 x time (in seconds)= J/cm2
(You“ll find the mW/cm2 of your device on the redlightman“s website).
At 100mW for 60 seconds yon“ll get 6 J/cm2. In 20 minutes you“ll get 120J/cm2 (given your device has 100 mW/cm2 at 15 cm), so it is clear that you can“t get any positive effect.