12 oz carrots per day? Peaty?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Are 12 oz of carrots per day unsafe?

I keep seeing comments to the effect that too many carrots per day is not healthy due to the carotene, but I cannot find actual numbers in terms of weight.

And I cannot find a quote from Peat on this.

I get about 7000 IU of vitamin A from animal sources.

Thanks.
Paul

I keep seeing comments to the effect that too many carrots per day is not healthy due to the carotene, but I cannot find actual numbers in terms of weight.

Thanks.
Paul
I know two people that went through a period where they ate a lot of carrots and their skin turned orange. With that being said I buy, and grow, purple and white carrots which are low in vitamin A.

loess

You can remove some of the carotene by soaking the carrots in warm water for ten minutes after shredding or grating, then drain and rinse.

supercoolguy

I used to salt & rinse the orange ones. Until I found white & light yellow carrots. The white are very low bc.

Gawdawg

Thanks.
Paul

One medium sized carrot a day should be sufficient. That is based on what I have heard Ray mention about the carrot salad.

Folks!

- For heaven's sake, have the courage to breathe and sing your own song!. . .'12 carrots per day. . .1 carrot per day. . .' There's no rule, no mandate, no 1-size fits all. Your job is to experiment, explore, observe and assess. I have a book by a lady given a sobering cancer diagnosis who healed herself on nothing but carrot juice. Put that in your juicer and glug it! Time to grow up and become self-actualized men & women, not walking on eggshells, Peat's or anyone else's.

Folks!

- For heaven's sake, have the courage to breathe and sing your own song!. . .'12 carrots per day. . .1 carrot per day. . .' There's no rule, no mandate, no 1-size fits all. Your job is to experiment, explore, observe and assess. I have a book by a lady given a sobering cancer diagnosis who healed herself on nothing but carrot juice. Put that in your juicer and glug it! Time to grow up and become self-actualized men & women, not walking on eggshells, Peat's or anyone else's.
I have heard the same about the Mr. Juice guy drinking fresh pressed carrot juice every hour and curing his cancer. It got me juicing!

View: https://m.facebook.com/MashedFood/videos/details-revealed-about-the-father-of-juicing/838104880176151/

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals