Amish Mechanics' Laug

bodacious

I can understand that.
I found it really helpful to keep reading the reasons Peat holds his views, and his explanations for why they sometimes conflict with mainstream medicine and 'health' culture. It may also help to read some others who explain things at a deeper level. The more of a grasp you get of physiology, the more chance you have to assess conflicting claims. Not that anyone can learn everything, and know it all for certain, but it can help a bit. You don't have to take anything on blind faith. You can also try things and see what effect they have for you personally.

Yep. I've been going back through the authors Peat mentions too—so far Hans Selye, Gerald H. Pollack, and Carl Rogers, but not yet Broda Barnes who I understand is the dude when it comes to metabolism research.

I'm quite satisfied with the explanations given, but it's frustrating when you're treated as a naive by your primary care physician. I had to push to get a prolactin test, because I'm a guy, and even then when it came back elevated, the GP told me it was pretty normal. I was told by another doctor that "some people just have high prolactin", as if that's a reasonable excuse. How can I have a conversation with my GP about my concerns over my metabolism, when we're each using a different standard for what's acceptable?

I'm writing this with a big blob of MB on my hand! >:)

bodacious

Your metabolism is shot and I am assuming that you do not feel all that great. If you think that a s you age it will get easier to feel better, you are in for a depressing ride. LOL!

Yea, I completely agree. Hence why I'm trying to change course now.

Adding thyroid will do no harm. Adding aspirin to help your thyroid will do no harm. Taking ground egg shells will do no harm. Ridding your diet of PUFA will do no harm. Eating more fructose will do no harm. Eating Liver and some shell fish will do no harm (unless you eat some bad oysters...).

Thank you for the reassurance. I've just taken some Oxidal today, and looking forward to trying Tyromax when it arrived. As for the liver, fructose, egg shells etc., I'm already loading up on those. I think the best thing to do now is just relax and be well :)

OP
AmishMechanic

AmishMechanic

Yea, I completely agree. Hence why I'm trying to change course now.

Thank you for the reassurance. I've just taken some Oxidal today, and looking forward to trying Tyromax when it arrived. As for the liver, fructose, egg shells etc., I'm already loading up on those. I think the best thing to do now is just relax and be well :)
:thumbup:

tara

I'm quite satisfied with the explanations given, but it's frustrating when you're treated as a naive by your primary care physician. I had to push to get a prolactin test, because I'm a guy, and even then when it came back elevated, the GP told me it was pretty normal. I was told by another doctor that "some people just have high prolactin", as if that's a reasonable excuse. How can I have a conversation with my GP about my concerns over my metabolism, when we're each using a different standard for what's acceptable?
I recognise this, too.

Adding thyroid will do no harm. Adding aspirin to help your thyroid will do no harm. Taking ground egg shells will do no harm. Ridding your diet of PUFA will do no harm. Eating more fructose will do no harm. Eating Liver and some shell fish will do no harm (unless you eat some bad oysters...).
In my non-expert opinion, I agree about ridding diet of PUFAs. And the others are probably OK and maybe helpful for most people, and probably OK and likely helpful for you, assuming suitable quantities. But it is possible to misuse them. Eg driving up metabolism on low calories, or lots of eggshell and baking soda in an overly alkaline state. Most people are OK with aspirin, but not everyone with lots. Eating fructose to taste I imagine would be fine - pushing more than that I don't know - there are people here who have found it helpful, and others not. Oysters are safer cooked.
Thyroid may well be helpful, but it's safer to have generous nutrition in place first, and to start small and increment slowly, while monitoring HR and temps..

OP
AmishMechanic

AmishMechanic

New entry.

Well looks like my higher temps ( waking temps between 97.8 - 98.5 F, daytime averages @ 98.5 - 99.1 F) was due to luteal phase. :( Now that I am back in the follicular phase my temps are below 98 F. Night sweats have crept back as well despite my bedtime snack. Pulse is down, high 50's to low 70's at best. Up a pound. Drats!

I tried some pizza therapy the other night and no dice....

I am going to try spreading my meals out and to eat every three hours, fruit/OJ, cheese/milk/gelatin emphasis. My carrots of course.
Just keep swimming.

OP
AmishMechanic

AmishMechanic

My low temp and pulse seemed to be a brief episode. It lasted about three days and then I warmed up, sped up and quit the night sweats again. Nothing had changed other than starting an new follicular wave...? Hmmmm although, as I look at my schedule I did have a tough leg day workout at the gym. DOMS for two days after. I guess I am going to have to hold the reins back on those days I feel really good (which are often now) at the gym. :bag:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals