Advice On Labs - Prolactin/Cholesterol And Moving Forward

OP
T

Tide

No real changes. 97.6 is an average consistent temp for me so far. Experienced some brief heat first time I did 1 drop of oxidal.

I haven’t really done many changes though. The MB/Niacinimide/Aspirin will prob start tomorrow or this weekend and antiobiotics will take 2 weeks probably to get here

mmb82

No real changes. 97.6 is an average consistent temp for me so far. Experienced some brief heat first time I did 1 drop of oxidal.

I haven’t really done many changes though. The MB/Niacinimide/Aspirin will prob start tomorrow or this weekend and antiobiotics will take 2 weeks probably to get here

Your diet seems pretty high in both iron and copper...have you gotten any copper, zinc, or iron-related bloodwork done? Gut issues are often linked to copper and/or iron deficiencies or toxicities. Labs can be quite pricey, but if you are concerned with copper or iron status, you can get an iron panel (ferritin, serum iron, Total Iron Binding Capacity) and copper labs (serum copper, ceruloplasmin, and serum zinc) done.

Also, I agree that getting the fat solubles right will help fix a lot of mineral issues, but I would not go supplementing with the fat solubles without knowing what you are doing. Taking too much of the fat solubles can end up with your body storing the excess in your tissues or screwing things up further if you don't need that specific fat soluble vitamin.

Finally, a lot of forum members will likely disagree with me on this, but I don't advise taking vitamin D in general since your body can produce it by itself. If you have low levels of vitamin D, it is likely due to other vitamin and mineral deficiencies and/or lack of sunlight. You should not need to take a vitamin D supplement to bring levels up. Some nutrients that assist in bringing up vitamin D levels include vitamins B6 and B2, C, and E, and minerals Mg, Boron, and Zinc. Sunlight or UVB is the other half of the equation for vitamin D production.

raypeatclips

"Diet consists of eggs/liver/oysters/grass feed ground beef/carrots/coconout oil/OJ"

On this exact diet I was horrendously constipated too. You've got no fibre in your diet. Only until I added vegetables back in my diet, nothing else helped. No thyroid supplements, crazy amounts of coffee/caffeine etc. Onions, bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms, courgette, spring onion, potatoes. Also fruit fibre oranges, applesauce, blueberries. I eat usually 2-3 of these each meal. I feel so much better passing 1-2 BM a day.

Have you tried eating more vegetables? Eating more whole food? Eating higher saturated fat?

Also your diet looks the standard "liquid heavy" diet that people first go to when people discover Peat, and is constipating.

I see no mention of exercise, but in the other thread you said you'd tried everything I mentioned. What exercise have you tried?

OP
T

Tide

"Diet consists of eggs/liver/oysters/grass feed ground beef/carrots/coconout oil/OJ"

On this exact diet I was horrendously constipated too. You've got no fibre in your diet. Only until I added vegetables back in my diet, nothing else helped. No thyroid supplements, crazy amounts of coffee/caffeine etc. Onions, bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms, courgette, spring onion, potatoes. Also fruit fibre oranges, applesauce, blueberries. I eat usually 2-3 of these each meal. I feel so much better passing 1-2 BM a day.

Have you tried eating more vegetables? Eating more whole food? Eating higher saturated fat?

Also your diet looks the standard "liquid heavy" diet that people first go to when people discover Peat, and is constipating.

I see no mention of exercise, but in the other thread you said you'd tried everything I mentioned. What exercise have you tried?

Hey man, I appreciate you replying. I’ve tried thyroid supplementation, both cynomel and cynoplus, in small increments over the course of a year experimenting and wasn’t successful.

I try to avoid starch. I love potatoes but I haven’t been successful in incorporating them into my diet. I’ve played around with mushrooms as well, though I’m not living somewhere I can boil them for 3 hours before cooking them right now so my main source of vegetables have been carrots. Onions and peppers seem to be irritating on a consistent basis. I’ve incorporated peppers more than onions in the past.

In terms of whole food, between 1/2lb of ground beef + icelandic skyr yogurt + eggs, I get a decent amount of whole food based on what I can digest. Orange juice is what I use a lot of simply because I can’t tolerate other carb sources that well.

I should mention as well, when I am eating what I mentioned, my bowel movements are fine for the most part. 2-4 a day. The problems come when I try to expand my diet, whether it’s starches or experimenting with stuff like niacinimide/aspirin, etc.

My goal of everything is healing, and not being orthorexic. Unfortunately right now, I can’t really deviate much from my listed foods so it makes life a bit more challenging when I don’t have access due to travel or work.

In terms of exercise, I do pushups, chin-ups, ab work, and pistol squats in a calisthenic circuit. Occasionally I’ll do some extra gym work with weights.

So overall it seems like it has been tough for me to get a “catalyst” for healing. I can do “ok” on what I have right now. But it seems like people such as haidut recovered from what he mentioned were neurological issues, while I have not really improved even to a point where I can, for example, eat potatoes with butter without getting darker circles under my eyes.

That’s my reason for exploring other avenues to help healing.

OP
T

Tide

Your diet seems pretty high in both iron and copper...have you gotten any copper, zinc, or iron-related bloodwork done? Gut issues are often linked to copper and/or iron deficiencies or toxicities. Labs can be quite pricey, but if you are concerned with copper or iron status, you can get an iron panel (ferritin, serum iron, Total Iron Binding Capacity) and copper labs (serum copper, ceruloplasmin, and serum zinc) done.

Also, I agree that getting the fat solubles right will help fix a lot of mineral issues, but I would not go supplementing with the fat solubles without knowing what you are doing. Taking too much of the fat solubles can end up with your body storing the excess in your tissues or screwing things up further if you don't need that specific fat soluble vitamin.

Finally, a lot of forum members will likely disagree with me on this, but I don't advise taking vitamin D in general since your body can produce it by itself. If you have low levels of vitamin D, it is likely due to other vitamin and mineral deficiencies and/or lack of sunlight. You should not need to take a vitamin D supplement to bring levels up. Some nutrients that assist in bringing up vitamin D levels include vitamins B6 and B2, C, and E, and minerals Mg, Boron, and Zinc. Sunlight or UVB is the other half of the equation for vitamin D production.

I appreciate your response. I've used chelators such as minocycline intermittently, with regards to iron. I can double check chronometer though I don't think I had too crazy of an iron number. The 0.5oz liver daily is something that seemed reasonable to provide enough vitamin A/copper in my diet. Maybe I should pay closer attention to this though. I will say that my health overall was probably worse before I incorporated the 0.5oz liver.

With regards to fat solubles, I'm using them all topically and I use the retinol only sparingly when I'm consuming liver. The vitamin D I am applying 5,000iu topically, though the vitamin K2 I do around 20mg topically/day.

I try to get enough sun, though where I live and with a corporate job, it is typically limited to weekends where I can actually "sun bathe" shirtless, and that is only provided it is sunny.

EDIT:

I uploaded a fairly accurate daily snapshot of the diet I adhere to. It doesn't include the daily topical use of vitamin k2/vitamin D3, or the use of Energin B vitamins 1-2x daily.

Attachments

• Cronometer 2.png
    Cronometer 2.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Cronometer 1.png
    Cronometer 1.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

tallglass13

I would recommend focusing on why your Prolactin is so high. 10 mg b6, 5a DHP, should help.

OP
T

Tide

I would recommend focusing on why your Prolactin is so high. 10 mg b6, 5a DHP, should help.

I get 6-12mg daily from haidut's Energin. While the b vitamin complex does give me more energy, I still struggle overall to improve my metabolism and lower prolactin.

Higher calcium intake is what is generally recommended, though aside from icelandic "skyr" type of yogurt, I don't tolerate any calcium sources well digestion wise. Either milk or cheese, all kinds, give me constipation. It becomes a bit of a loop where I need to consume more calcium to improve calcium:phosphorous ratio, and I can't tolerate calcium containing foods well.

So I've focused further on my digestion and am exploring antibiotic combinations as a potential avenue to help me tolerate dairy type products better.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals