Liver & Thyroid Blood Test Result, Suggestions?

Recoen

The NDT will lower TSH, yes -- you should be very informed on the underlying physiology of the thyroid before taking it, though.
+1
B vitamins are particularly important here.

Do you have glucuronidation issues? Salicylates go through this phase II liver pathway. Many fruits are high in salicylate. Pear seems to be the lowest. I wonder if you would see the same blood sugar swings with pears and pear juice? Salicylates can cause mitochondria membrane permeability transitions causing hypoglycemia.
Old research shows lower glycogen storage with a vitamin B1 deficiency. And B6 seems to be really important for glycogen to glucose. Though some don’t do well with B6. As always, low and slow.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

+1

Do you have glucuronidation issues? Salicylates go through this phase II liver pathway. Many fruits are high in salicylate. Pear seems to be the lowest. I wonder if you would see the same blood sugar swings with pears and pear juice? Salicylates can cause mitochondria membrane permeability transitions causing hypoglycemia.
Old research shows lower glycogen storage with a vitamin B1 deficiency. And B6 seems to be really important for glycogen to glucose. Though some don’t do well with B6. As always, low and slow.
i eat plenty of food daily and cronometer says that i got plenty of b vitamins in my diet
+1

The liver requires good thyroid function for optimal liver glycogen, and a TSH of 4.3 is very hypothyroid. My blood sugar issues went away after I got temps to 37c with thyroid.
what thyroid did you use?

Last edited:

baccheion

Yeah 2:1 is a general rule of thumb for everyone everywhere at all times as far as I would guess.

RDA guidelines are... Not totally useless, but they do not account for individuality whatsoever... These guidelines are especially important to disregard when there's a person who has tried 'health experiments' in the past.

It's very possible to be massively deficient in any nutrient. There are vegans in a B12 crisis, people who are massively deficient in vitamin C, copper, zinc, selenium, iodine, retinol, K2, calcium, etc etc... Following the RDA guidelines to restore these balances won't do anything for a person.

A better measure is 'how do you feel?' if everything doesn't get better pretty much right away, that should be cause for concern. Sleep, exercise, brain function, hunger, patience, verbal fluidity, body temp should all move in favorable directions when the missing link is introduced. Does that mean we should limit our consumption of that benefactor in accordance with the RDA? Seems outlandish to stop doing something that isn't causing an adrenaline euphoria yet is improving all sensational markers of the quality of life.

I actually did this for a couple of weeks starting in the middle of last month except I didn't take any gelatin. The diet in it's entirety was milk, OJ, small bit of coffee, small bit of sugar, fruit, raw carrot sometimes and some agar agar as an insoluble fiber to help bowel movements become regular.

I believe the potato can be hard on the gut... If it's cooked super super well then maybe it will absorb higher in the GI tract, but if you want to heal it doesn't seem like there's a place for it.

Milk and OJ are incredibly alkalizing and gelatin & eggs both demand an acidic environment to be taken up. This is a massive stressor to the stomach to be taking these things together imo. Plus, if the stomach is highly acidic when it tries to digest milk, it will obstruct the transit time of the milk protein which leads to gastrointestinal distress.

You might do well to just try the milk & OJ play with some fruit thrown in for variety for a few days to see how you come out. I believe you're vitamin C, salt, magnesium, and trace-mineral deficient though. Can't think of another reason why blood sugar would get wonky while your liver panel is in normal ranges.
I get about 7 grams potassium (12 eggs + 5 lb potatoes). Are you saying I should add to get 14g sodium?

Didn't Ray Peat say milk, eggs, and orange juice help each other digest? Isn't milk and orange juice acidic during digestion, though leaving alkaline residue in serum? Raw egg yolks are neutral and cooked eggs are also acidic in the gut?

Where did you get the 2:1 ratio?

salt im keep replenished during the day but it wont help with fluid retention but i know it helps most people

If you're using the phrase "fluid retention" as a synonym to "hydration," then that is a far more complex equation. Overall hydration is observed as an overall threshold of health in some circles. During different times that I've felt 'dehydrated' or just had a minor cottonmouth, there have been all kinds of solutions that have fixed that depending on what I was doing and eating in the recent past.

Like... Straight up distilled water, salt, magnesium, a B-vitamin complex, vegetables, fruits, fruit juice, seaweed, shilajit, cutting out coffee, and/or an enema to empty the bowels of nutrient matter that was reabsorbing water have all given me remedy from feelings of a lack of fluid retention in isolated incidents over the last 3 years. Again, hydration is more complicated than refilling some imaginary internal salt bottle throughout the day. Minerals substitute for each other.

Where did you get the 2:1 ratio?

The recommended ratio of 9:4 potassium:sodium is written in the book, 'Dr. Jensen's Guide to Better Bowel Care.' Bernard Jensen refers to Richard Passwater, Ph.D. for this ratio on page 182.

A few sentences that surround this excerpt might be useful:

"A healthy, well-functioning bowel contains sodium, potassium, and magnesium.

Sodium neutralizes acids and is required by the tissues that are pliable, active, and moveable - that is, the joints, ligaments, and tendons. It is found in the lymphatic system, assists in the reconstruction of the bowel wall, and helps the bowel to regain pliability in its ligamentous support structures. Sodium neutralizes the gases of putrefaction...

Potassium is necessary for the muscle structure and elasticity that speed transit time in the bowel. The same as sodium, it is needed to neutralize acids in the body. Potassium should always be supplied in proper proportion to sodium. That proportion, according to Richard Passwater, Ph.D., is nine parts potassium to four parts sodium.
( *Ah ***t, I mixed this one up. It's 9:4 in favor of potassium, yikes. Going to edit the earlier post for correction. Apologies where applicable. Thanks for asking where the ratio came from!
...Or not. Seems there's a timer on when posts can be redacted. Ah well. Sorry, forum. Forgive me pls.)

Magnesium, in association with calcium, relaxes the muscles of the body and helps hold potassium in the cells. It helps to eliminate spastic conditions, strictures, tension, disorders resulting from emotional strain, loss of tone, and ballooned conditions in the bowel. It acts like a laxative in the bowel and, therefore, is an essential element for good bowel movements.

When these three important minerals - sodium, potassium, and magnesium - are lacking in the diet, they must be obtained from the tissues of the bowel wall, where they are stored."

Didn't Ray Peat say milk, eggs, and orange juice help each other digest?

No idea. Did he? That's a new one on me. Maybe!

Isn't milk and orange juice acidic during digestion, though leaving alkaline residue in serum?

If it is, then that would explain why milk, eggs, and orange juice coincide with each other. I've had positive results eating raw grapefruit + meat, fresh squeezed lemon juice + meat, and canned tomatoes + meat for this reason.
Milk and citrus leave an alkaline ash when they're completely digested, yeah.

Raw egg yolks are neutral and cooked eggs are also acidic in the gut?

Wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. Seems logical.

Last edited:

tara

thanks for advice Tara, wouldnt taking NDT be essentially like eating pork neck?,
If the pork neck retains it's thyroid, then that would contain thyroid hormone. But you'd want to be pretty careful about quantities. People have got into big trouble before from eating meat that accidentally had too much thyroid in it, which is why it gets regulated.
Buying a product with a more known and controlled dose, and then starting small and incrementing slow while monitoring effects seems likely to be safer to me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals