Skin Help Pls

teds

Forum Supporter
Hello- tend to get eczema with vesicle formation. Recently the fingers on which I get this got very hot and puffed up and developed cracks along the dorsal surface of the fingers. Super itchy.

Ideas?

Taking most days:
Retinil acetate 7000iu topical (on face)
Magnesium picilonate 100-200mg
Vit E 50-200 iu

Aspirin 500mg 1-2x per week
Cypro 4mg 1x per week

Beef liver 150g each week
10-12 oysters each week
Sporadic prawns - when available basically.

Any thoughts on how to lower the heat and inflammation? Heal the skin? Stop these shitty shitty eruptions???

Thanks all! :)

Attachments

• 324BD120-0595-474C-8167-DFAF12CD3078.jpeg
    324BD120-0595-474C-8167-DFAF12CD3078.jpeg
    230 KB · Views: 46
  • CCADD45C-98A3-40C9-BD31-9111E16C4591.jpeg
    CCADD45C-98A3-40C9-BD31-9111E16C4591.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 46
  • DFA9D69E-B976-495D-9805-B6923CBD3383.jpeg
    DFA9D69E-B976-495D-9805-B6923CBD3383.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 41

ampersand

I'm a big fan of Peat, and incorporating Peaty ideas has helped with many aspects of health for me, but it has not helped my eczema. If anything, the eczema has gotten worse. The thing that always helps my skin is water fasting, but most here consider fasting overly stressful. A three day water fast always clears up my skin beautifully, and I wonder what mechanism is at work here... I don't believe that my skin is reacting to specific foods, so I don't think that the reason fasting works is simply because aggravating foods have been removed from the diet, although it's certainly possible. In general, eczema flares come and go regardless of diet though. I can go months or even years with it hardly being a problem and then months or years when it's a constant problem despite eating the same foods.

I've tried Cyproheptadine repeatedly but it has no effect whatsoever on my itching.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
I'm a big fan of Peat, and incorporating Peaty ideas has helped with many aspects of health for me, but it has not helped my eczema. If anything, the eczema has gotten worse. The thing that always helps my skin is water fasting, but most here consider fasting overly stressful. A three day water fast always clears up my skin beautifully, and I wonder what mechanism is at work here... I don't believe that my skin is reacting to specific foods, so I don't think that the reason fasting works is simply because aggravating foods have been removed from the diet, although it's certainly possible. In general, eczema flares come and go regardless of diet though. I can go months or even years with it hardly being a problem and then months or years when it's a constant problem despite eating the same foods.

I've tried Cyproheptadine repeatedly but it has no effect whatsoever on my itching.
Thanks @ampersand for your response. I’ve never been able to work out a food trigger either.. and yes, I’ll go for many many months sometimes without anything and then I’ll get a massive flare! The skin regeneration is so fast though.. one day it looks pretty shocking and the next it almost seems like it’s gone altogether..
I actually coated the hand in honey and wrapped it in a glove for about an hour last night.. no itching last night but it’s all still pretty raw and puffy.
I shall try to find some days to water fast. I’ve never tried it specifically for my skin but I shall report. Thanks!

A. squamosa

I also have this! avoiding extreme heat and too much humidity (as with rubber gloves and doing the washing up), making sure hands are completely dried after washing them, helps a lot. Weirdly oysters and prawns helped clear it up much faster, which I can see you're eating. Perhaps up your oysters for a bit and see if that helps?

Lee Simeon

Topical cupuacu and kokum butter has helped me a lot with skin issues, also occasionally MelaNon.

moss

You may have already tried this. Papaya the flesh (ripe) applied to affected area and much like you did with the honey put a glove on, or gauge.
Chickweed oil can also be helpful for intense itchiness.
Have you considered inclining your bed because it may improve oxygenation to the extremities.

Edit: if you do try papaya, test first on a small patch of skin as some people are allergic (latex)

Last edited:
OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter

@ampersand - can I ask, have you ever used amino acids during the fast?

baccheion

Vitamin D3 + vitamin E, magnesium (sufficiency), and MSM + vitamin C (4g:1g) are said to reduce eczema symptoms. MSM lotion. Where is it said that vitamin A is effective?

Last edited:

Inaut

I have dishydrotic eczema and seemed to clear it up with shea but it came back after regularly washing my hands with soap :( I'm testing our red palm oil (messy and obviously orange staining) but seems quite soothing....Hoping the vitamin e and a help resolve this issue. I've also been adding alot of sulfur to my diet lately with hopes that it assists with some bowel detox.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom