Liver & Thyroid Blood Test Result, Suggestions?

FitnessMike

Hi all,

I have retested my liver and thyroid after month, but was implementing low PUFA, glycine 10-15g, Taurine 10g, big coffee a day for only week prior to second test. My liver enzyme ALT dropped by 12 points which means that this program is working. I did full panel for thyroid second time, all measures are normal/optimal except my TSH which increased from 3.5 to 4.3 in just one month. Could this be because of the fact that i gained like 2kg from all these fruits and juices (which i cut now as they made my blood sugar drop subsequently due to my liver not being able to store glycogen)?, or could it be because when i started drinking coffee it actually puts me in a bit more stressed state which could increase TSH?. My mian issues i am struggling are insomnia -> blood sugar drops (after around 3h of decent amount of complex carbs) -> frequent urination (due to presummely low aldosterone where progesterone cream helps a bit)

Liver
ALT
77->65 IU/L
ALP
53->47 IU/L

Thyroid
TSH
3.5 -> 4.3 mlU/L
FT4
18.1->14.3 pmol/L
FT3
4.7 pmol/L
Thyroglobulin antibodies
13.7 kU/L
Thyroid peroxidase antibodies
23.4 kIU/L

Im concerned that if My TSH will be constantly raising i might have hypothyroidism eventually. I read reviews of Certain NDT that it helped lower TSH substantially to some peoples.

Last edited:

pork88

Looking at your TSH seems like you are already hypothyroid OP, although mildly.

Maljam

How much carbs are you consuming? Are you doing a lot of juices?

Excess carbs in relation to lack of exercise can lead to insomnia IMO, blood sugar drops can be prevented by eating more fat and less carbs, to slow the drop. Frequent urination could be a stress response to the blood sugar drops or maybe you are just drinking too much.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

How much carbs are you consuming? Are you doing a lot of juices?

Excess carbs in relation to lack of exercise can lead to insomnia IMO, blood sugar drops can be prevented by eating more fat and less carbs, to slow the drop. Frequent urination could be a stress response to the blood sugar drops or maybe you are just drinking too much.
im eating decent amounts of carbs, my blood sugar problems stems from lack of glycogen at night which is why im trying to lower my liver enzymes, i read somewhere that if liver doesnt work properly many of your hormones dont work properly

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

It jumped significantly after starting fruits and coffee, fruits caused low blood sugar so i stopped, coffee dont cause low blood sugar no more but it worsens my urination, but i will continue coffee as my liver enzymes dropped after just one week, i started taking NDT i read many reviews that it lowers tsh big time one im taking, what is ur opinion?

Broco6679

im eating decent amounts of carbs, my blood sugar problems stems from lack of glycogen at night which is why im trying to lower my liver enzymes, i read somewhere that if liver doesnt work properly many of your hormones dont work properly

The liver requires good thyroid function for optimal liver glycogen, and a TSH of 4.3 is very hypothyroid. My blood sugar issues went away after I got temps to 37c with thyroid.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

The liver requires good thyroid function for optimal liver glycogen, and a TSH of 4.3 is very hypothyroid. My blood sugar issues went away after I got temps to 37c with thyroid.
im confused now, i dont know what should i focus on now, i know that everything 2 years ago started with stress and few weeks ago before i started coffee and fruits my tsh was 3.5, it literally jumped in matter of 1-2 weeks by 0.8 points. So you suspect that my deteriorating blood sugar problems are caused by further deteriorating thyroid as a result of constant unsolved insomnia(stress)?, i got this NDT and suppose it helps with lowering TSH, what you think? also caffeine should lower TSH right?
Allergy Research Group, Thyroid, Natural Glandular, 100 Vegetarian Capsules

Broco6679

im confused now, i dont know what should i focus on now, i know that everything 2 years ago started with stress and few weeks ago before i started coffee and fruits my tsh was 3.5, it literally jumped in matter of 1-2 weeks by 0.8 points. So you suspect that my deteriorating blood sugar problems are caused by further deteriorating thyroid as a result of constant unsolved insomnia(stress)?, i got this NDT and suppose it helps with lowering TSH, what you think? also caffeine should lower TSH right?
Allergy Research Group, Thyroid, Natural Glandular, 100 Vegetarian Capsules

TSH is subjective to a wide variety of factors and jumps around a lot -- a change of 0.8 isn't abnormal. Before thyroid, mine would fall anywhere between 1-4 despite no change to diet, lifestyle or supplement intake.

What are your underarm temps? Are your hands and feet cold a lot? A TSH > 3 is highly suspect.

The NDT will lower TSH, yes -- you should be very informed on the underlying physiology of the thyroid before taking it, though.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

TSH is subjective to a wide variety of factors and jumps around a lot -- a change of 0.8 isn't abnormal. Before thyroid, mine would fall anywhere between 1-4 despite no change do diet, lifestyle or supplement intake.

What are your underarm temps? Are your hands and feet cold a lot? A TSH > 3 is highly suspect.

The NDT will lower TSH, yes -- you should be very informed on the underlying physiology of the thyroid before taking it, though.
thank you for helping me mate, my under arm temperature just now 36.1-36.2 C, its with meat thermometer lol as i dont have normal one, hands and feet are never cold. Basically i was focused for two years on cortisol/adrenaline and ways to lower and stabilize them, now after doing thyroid and liver and finding out how they are connected im sure one of these are the culprit of my blood sugar dips at night which was slowly but surely deteriorate my condition.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

My liver is messed up for sure as i barely tolerate ingesting fats and when i do i burp and feel heavy and lethargic kinda recently, i do way better on carbs and protein, my typical main meals are oats with collagen protein with raw honey and cinnamon, pancake made of eggs and oats , green smoothie with berries and collagen protein, and for dinner brown rice with weggies and cod or lean poultry, at night i need to have blended oats to fall back to sleep.

deteriorating blood sugar problems

Sounds like you have adrenal problems my dude.

Whole food vitamin C, salt, magnesium, shilajit, liver for B-vitamins, and a bit of seaweed for iodine might help you out. Beware of consuming too much potassium without adequate salt. 2:1 salt:potassium is an easy ballpark to prevent problems.

Also licorice root helps adrenal function very well if you have low blood pressure.

baccheion

Whole food vitamin C, salt, magnesium, shilajit, liver for B-vitamins, and a bit of seaweed for iodine might help you out. Beware of consuming too much potassium without adequate salt. 2:1 salt:potassium is an easy ballpark to prevent problems.

Also licorice root helps adrenal function very well if you have low blood pressure.
Assuming an absence of adrenal issues, is 2:1 Na:K still relevant if eating mostly starch/potatoes and eggs? What if black (RDA for sodium is 1.5 g rather than 2.4 g)?

What if consuming 8 cups whole milk, 8 cups orange juice, and 30-40 grams gelatin?

Last edited:
Assuming an absence of adrenal issues, is 2:1 Na:K still relevant if eating mostly starch/potatoes and eggs? What if black (RDA for sodium is 1.5 g rather than 2.4 g)?

Yeah 2:1 is a general rule of thumb for everyone everywhere at all times as far as I would guess.

RDA guidelines are... Not totally useless, but they do not account for individuality whatsoever... These guidelines are especially important to disregard when there's a person who has tried 'health experiments' in the past.

It's very possible to be massively deficient in any nutrient. There are vegans in a B12 crisis, people who are massively deficient in vitamin C, copper, zinc, selenium, iodine, retinol, K2, calcium, etc etc... Following the RDA guidelines to restore these balances won't do anything for a person.

A better measure is 'how do you feel?' if everything doesn't get better pretty much right away, that should be cause for concern. Sleep, exercise, brain function, hunger, patience, verbal fluidity, body temp should all move in favorable directions when the missing link is introduced. Does that mean we should limit our consumption of that benefactor in accordance with the RDA? Seems outlandish to stop doing something that isn't causing an adrenaline euphoria yet is improving all sensational markers of the quality of life.

What if consuming 8 cups whole milk, 8 cups orange juice, and 30-40 grams gelatin?

I actually did this for a couple of weeks starting in the middle of last month except I didn't take any gelatin. The diet in it's entirety was milk, OJ, small bit of coffee, small bit of sugar, fruit, raw carrot sometimes and some agar agar as an insoluble fiber to help bowel movements become regular.

I believe the potato can be hard on the gut... If it's cooked super super well then maybe it will absorb higher in the GI tract, but if you want to heal it doesn't seem like there's a place for it.

Milk and OJ are incredibly alkalizing and gelatin & eggs both demand an acidic environment to be taken up. This is a massive stressor to the stomach to be taking these things together imo. Plus, if the stomach is highly acidic when it tries to digest milk, it will obstruct the transit time of the milk protein which leads to gastrointestinal distress.

You might do well to just try the milk & OJ play with some fruit thrown in for variety for a few days to see how you come out. I believe you're vitamin C, salt, magnesium, and trace-mineral deficient though. Can't think of another reason why blood sugar would get wonky while your liver panel is in normal ranges.

dreamcatcher

My liver is messed up for sure as i barely tolerate ingesting fats and when i do i burp and feel heavy and lethargic kinda recently, i do way better on carbs and protein, my typical main meals are oats with collagen protein with raw honey and cinnamon, pancake made of eggs and oats , green smoothie with berries and collagen protein, and for dinner brown rice with weggies and cod or lean poultry, at night i need to have blended oats to fall back to sleep.
Your insomnia might resolve if you replace complex carbs with simple ones and lower your total fat intake. Story of my life. I had insomnia for 10+ years.

tara

i started taking NDT i read many reviews that it lowers tsh big time one im taking, what is ur opinion?
My non-expert non-medical advise is to take it slow experimenting with NDT. That is, if you are going to try it, start with a small dose, and only make small increments after a month. AIUI, it takes at least 2 weeks for a steady dose of T4 to to give a stable blood level. If you got instant major improvement, you may be at risk of overshoot, and that's more complicated to adjust.

+1 about being informed.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

i thought so for 2 past years and focused on fixing "adrenals" or "hpa axis" but nothingworked, salt im keep replenished during the day but it wont help with fluid retention but i know it helps most people, licorice was amazing with imitating aldosterone but you build tolerance in one week and it stops working, im waiting for this drug floricot which works as aldosterone, now im sure after discovering this site and doing tests that stress caused insomnia and initially i did not have knowledge as how to combat it and it was getting worse and eventually affected thyroid, even tho my thyroid isnt worse its thyroid or liver which is failing to take part in making glycogen.

Last edited:
OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Hi, im good with whole goads milk but forget about juice, it spikes my blood sugar big time and causing dips afterwards, its most likely cuz my liver is "congested"

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Your insomnia might resolve if you replace complex carbs with simple ones and lower your total fat intake. Story of my life. I had insomnia for 10+ years.
Hi, yes i lowered now fats to minimum (few egg yolks, a bit of goads cheese, bit of milk), but fruits and simple carbs make go down quickly, probably due to elevated liver enzymes and not being able to store glycogen?, lowering fats feels natural, its like my body tells me that there is fat in liver which it wants to get rid of first, because whenever i ingest a bit too much fat im burping and feeling heavy and its kinda coming back up. You fixed your liver enzymes by lowering fat?

Last edited:
OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

My non-expert non-medical advise is to take it slow experimenting with NDT. That is, if you are going to try it, start with a small dose, and only make small increments after a month. AIUI, it takes at least 2 weeks for a steady dose of T4 to to give a stable blood level. If you got instant major improvement, you may be at risk of overshoot, and that's more complicated to adjust.

+1 about being informed.
thanks for advice Tara, wouldnt taking NDT be essentially like eating pork neck?, im curious how often our ancestors was eating neck of animals and how it reflected in boosting thyroid function, i also was thinking about getting infrared light to help maybe thyroid?

like this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beurer-Inf...keywords=infrared+light&qid=1595192130&sr=8-8

dreamcatcher

Hi, yes i lowered now fats to minimum (few egg yolks, a bit of goads cheese, bit of milk), but fruits and simple carbs make go down quickly, probably due to elevated liver enzymes and not being able to store glycogen?, lowering fats feels natural, its like my body tells me that there is fat in liver which it wants to get rid of first, because whenever i ingest a bit too much fat im burping and feeling heavy and its kinda coming back up.
You could drink plenty of low fat milk, not just a bit. Calcium helps with sleep quality so does an ideal calcium to phosphate ratio.
My insomnia was caused by liver issues and digestion problems/small bacterial overgrowth.
If you have fatty liver, it's beneficial to lower fructose and total fat intake, according to Chris Masterjohn.
So you could experiment either with low total fat plus complex starches and very low fruit intake along with plenty of low fat dairy for calcium; or low total fat plus simple sugars (fruits and honey), no complex starches and plenty of low fat dairy.
I initially started following a low fat, plus complex starches and almost no fruits diet for about 3 months to try to heal NAFLD, then replaced complex carbs with fruits/honey later without liver issues.
Since I excluded all complex carbs 10 months ago and replaced them with fruits/honey and milk, I sleep very well. I'm also able to consume more saturated fats.
You seem to have low stomach acid too, probably caused by hypothyroidism as well.
You could experiment and see how you react to certain foods. I remember that in the past I was very sensitive to many foods and the norm was to stay awake until 4-5 am.
I feel sorry that you struggle with insomnia and hope that you could heal your liver/thyroid/digestion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals