I'm Confused. How Can This Guy Regrew His Hair Despite His Non-Peaty/non-Danny Roddy Diet?

Jarman

Non-Peaty thread: I found this blog by accident. Basically this guy regrew his hair for 1+ year by doing this diet:

Low carb: no starch, no sugar, little to no fruits
Eats lots of chicken, fish, sardines, sometimes bacon but avoids beef
Eats lots of dark green vegetables: spinach, kales, tomatoes, carrots
Beans, chick peas, lentils, peanut butter, almonds
Eggs
Soy milk
Green tea
Take minimal supplements: niacin, biotin, vitamin D, multi-vitamin supplements. Occasional use and minimal dosage.

I'm confused. This guy has been eating and avoiding food that Danny Roddy wouldn't recommend to regrow hair yet he recovered lots of his hair over a year long period. Can anybody explain how this is possible??

You can google "Brian's Before And After Hair Regrowth Pictures" to find his posts.

July 23, 2013:
brians-before-detailed-pictures-from-july-2013-21776958.jpg

November 14, 2013:
before-and-after-hair-regrowth-pictures-progress-after-3-12-months-21752748.jpg

June 2, 2014:
brians-10-month-update-with-detailed-pictures-21776936.jpg

August 2014:
brians-1-year-update-w-pics-21785228.jpg

Emstar1892

What was he eating before?

One thing that springs to mind is that if the hair loss was autoimmune, elimination of grains (particularly gluten) may have played a huge role?

SaltGirl

I have two ideas.

His diet appears relatively low in Heme-Iron(no beef and mostly fish and poultry) and high in stuff that binds to non-heme iron. He could have lowered his iron burden somewhat.

Second, his diet is high in Manganese which helps with iron regulation and I remember some time ago people touting Manganese as a cure for hair loss.

From Linus Pauling Institute:

Iron
Although the specific mechanisms for manganese absorption and transport have not been determined, some evidence suggests that iron and manganese can share common absorption and transport pathways (10). Absorption of manganese from a meal decreases as the meal's iron content increases (7). Iron supplementation (60 mg/day for four months) was associated with decreased blood manganese levels and decreased MnSOD activity in white blood cells, indicating a reduction in manganese nutritional status (11). Additionally, an individual's iron status can affect manganese bioavailability. Intestinal absorption of manganese is increased during iron deficiency, and increased iron stores (ferritin levels) are associated with decreased manganese absorption (12). Men generally absorb less manganese than women; this may be related to the fact that men usually have higher iron stores than women (13). Further, iron deficiency has been shown to increase the risk of manganese accumulation in the brain (14).

Manganese

paymanz

how can we ensure these pics are not fake?they can easily fake it! and they have good motivation to do so.

and the diet is not that special.a lot of people have a diet similar to that.

maybe he had a history of a very bad diet and hence a deficiency of certain vitamin and mineral(and that deficiency caused his hair loss),so when he incorporated vegetables into his diet it corrected that deficiency.for example a vitamin A deficiency or manganese,as saltgirl mentioned.

btw beans and lentils have lot of starchs!

tankasnowgod

People take biotin for improved hair all the time. Look up biotin reviews on amazon or youtube, you will find a slew of people claiming that it improved their hair.

Oh god. I had a solid laugh when I saw this. I was following this diet prior to trying some more Peat protocols and ya know what? Little to no shedding on it, dandruff essentially gone, and had two people remark that I was looking "healthier" (i.e. Shiny hair and glowing skin and generally well rested) Peating on the other hand is not going so beautifully on the outside thus far... Still tweaking and learning though and definitely made the beginner's mistake of too much too fast.

XPlus

There should be some variance of hair length in balding areas but it seems he's adding longer hair as he progresses.
It looks like, with the help of wetting, he was able to compress his hair better to hide central areas of deforestation in the last pic. If you look closely, there's an obvious empty land on upper back corner of his head.

Gl;itch.e

Id rather be bald (and am) than have that haircut! Why is that even worth saving!!! :):

OP
J

Jarman

how can we ensure these pics are not fake?they can easily fake it! and they have good motivation to do so.

and the diet is not that special.a lot of people have a diet similar to that.

maybe he had a history of a very bad diet and hence a deficiency of certain vitamin and mineral(and that deficiency caused his hair loss),so when he incorporated vegetables into his diet it corrected that deficiency.for example a vitamin A deficiency or manganese,as saltgirl mentioned.

btw beans and lentils have lot of starchs!

Everything in internet is subject to being fake. Just to be fair, Danny Roddy also has monetary motivation, too just like everyone else.

In US, vegetables, beans, fish and soymilk aren't normal diet. It's usually, hamburger, french fries, coke/pepsi/dr pepper/sprite, donuts, sandwich, bbq or some fast food joints.

I'm more curious on how his "not that special" diet regained his hair.

I have two ideas.

His diet appears relatively low in Heme-Iron(no beef and mostly fish and poultry) and high in stuff that binds to non-heme iron. He could have lowered his iron burden somewhat.

Second, his diet is high in Manganese which helps with iron regulation and I remember some time ago people touting Manganese as a cure for hair loss.

And avoiding gluten seems to be the common echo from people who successfully regrew their hair. Definitely worth considering.

Manganese

Interesting, I buy that idea on low in heme-iron and food that binds to non-heme iron and manganese. Assuming a person is not iron deficient it might be a good idea to eat less iron-based food.

Which food out of the list that binds the iron, you think? And which one is high in manganese?

Id rather be bald (and am) than have that haircut! Why is that even worth saving!!! :)

His haircut is irrelevant, that's his personal choice. How he regained his hair is more important subject matter.

Jayfish

There should be some variance of hair length in balding areas but it seems he's adding longer hair as he progresses.
It looks like, with the help of wetting, he was able to compress his hair better to hide central areas of deforestation in the last pic. If you look closely, there's an obvious empty land on upper back corner of his head.

I agree with this. The first pic looks very dry, last few look more and more like they either have product or wet or both and obvious better combing.

Also he could be using finasteride.

natedawggh

Non-Peaty thread: I found this blog by accident. Basically this guy regrew his hair for 1+ year by doing this diet:

Low carb: no starch, no sugar, little to no fruits
Eats lots of chicken, fish, sardines, sometimes bacon but avoids beef
Eats lots of dark green vegetables: spinach, kales, tomatoes, carrots
Beans, chick peas, lentils, peanut butter, almonds
Eggs
Soy milk
Green tea
Take minimal supplements: niacin, biotin, vitamin D, multi-vitamin supplements. Occasional use and minimal dosage.

I'm confused. This guy has been eating and avoiding food that Danny Roddy wouldn't recommend to regrow hair yet he recovered lots of his hair over a year long period. Can anybody explain how this is possible??

You can google "Brian's Before And After Hair Regrowth Pictures" to find his posts.

July 23, 2013:
brians-before-detailed-pictures-from-july-2013-21776958.jpg

November 14, 2013:
before-and-after-hair-regrowth-pictures-progress-after-3-12-months-21752748.jpg

June 2, 2014:
brians-10-month-update-with-detailed-pictures-21776936.jpg

August 2014:
brians-1-year-update-w-pics-21785228.jpg

I second @SaltGirl, and also in each pic the hair is combed increasingly in a uniform direction, suspiciously showing us no scalp in the more recent photos. If he'd really grown much hair back he'd part it and show the scalp. I don't doubt he got some back but it's not much and definitely not the best diet.

sladerunner69

He didn't regrow any hair. I see no discernable difference ebtween any of those photos, I would like to see photos of his hairline. If he did have elss hair at the beginning, then it wasn't from "male pattern baldness", it was related to stress or something else. Men generally dont lose haair like he did, in random patchy spotty areas on top of their head. We lose it along the heairline, the temples, and the crown.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom