Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thread

Wagner83

I don't think his advice would change for androgens production specifically, long term either it's safe or it's not.

Makrosky

Thank you. I know it's been discussed many times before but has Ray ever mention how much daily aspirin can be used to safely raise androgens?
I think it raises them indirectly by blocking estrogen and serotonin.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I asked him about beetroots , either cooked or juice , and if its good idea to consume them regularly?

Then I mailed him back that according to databases I check,they are not high in carotenes, and he replied,

Interesting. What about their high contents of nitrates, with studies showing beet juice raising NO and athletes using it as doping agent for that reason??

Wagner83

Interesting. What about their high contents of nitrates, with studies showing beet juice raising NO and athletes using it as doping agent for that reason??
Yes thanks for saying this, when I consumed lots of beets my asthma and allergies were at their worse (beets weren't the only thing that played a part but still). Aragula is even more powerful.

paymanz

Yes I thought he would say that too.

But anyway I'm sure he doesn't like nitrates in them.he said about spinach that its better to get the organic ones for lower nitrate level.

The betaine in beets is interesting, its best natural source to my knowledge.

Edit:i missed something , spinaches are better source of betaine.

Last edited:

paymanz

I couldn't find any reference for high carotene content of beets.

Maybe 'the other pigments' are causing of hypo symptoms from beets.

meatbag

Peat:

Helmut Schwarz’s experiment showing frequency modulation of electrons:

Modulation of an electron wave by a light wave
H Schwarz, H Hora - Applied Physics Letters, 1969 - aip.scitation.org
Electron transmission diffraction patterns of thin monocrystal films are made visible on a
nonluminescent target, if the films are illuminated by a 107 Wcm− 2 argon laser irradiation. It
appears that the 50‐keV electrons pick up an oscillation of the light frequency within the
crystal film and preserve this oscillation state until they reach the nonluminescent target.

H. Schwarz, Transactions N. Y. Academy of Sciences 33, 150 (1971).
Transactions of the New York Academy of Sciences
Volume 33, Issue 1 Series II January 1971 Pages 150–162
MODULATION OF ELECTRON BEAMS BY LASER LIGHT: NEW EXPERIMENTAL AND THEORETICAL RESULTS*,†
Accorded the A. Cressy Morrison Award in Natural Sciences for 1970 by The New York Academy of Sciences.
This investigation was supported in part by a Research Support Award of the Connecticut Research Commission and the Nerken Foundation.

H. Schwarz, Appl. Phys. Letters 19, 148 (1971).
Required Monochromaticity of an Electron Beam Modulated at Optical Frequencies
H Schwarz - Applied Physics Letters, 1971 - aip.scitation.org
It is shown theoretically and experimentally that for the observation of the modulation of an
electron beam at optical frequencies the energy spread of the electrons should remain
below a value determined by the electron energy, the light frequency, and the distance
between interaction zone and observation screen.
Cited by 13 Related articles All 5 versions
H. Schwarz, “Energy-Spread Structure of Electron Beams to be ‘Optically’ Modulated”, Appl. Phys. Letters (to be published 15 Febr. 1972).
Electron beams of relatively high currents (0.5 μA) and 50‐keV energy with observable
modulability at optical frequencies can be produced without violating the Langmuir
brightness relationship by shaping the beam in a``filamentary''structure, whereby each
single‐beam``filament''fulfills the recently reported monochromaticity requirement (energy
spread better than 10 meV). The monochromator and the electron‐optical‐beam``shaper'' ...
Cited by 17 Related articles All 3 versions

H. Schwarz, Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 13, 897 (1968).
Amplitude-Modulation of an Electron Wave by a Light Wave
H Schwarz - Bulletin of the American Physical …, 1968 - AMER INST PHYSICS …

Laser Interaction and Related Plasma Phenomena pp 209-225 | Cite as
Electron-Photon Interaction
Helmut Schwarz
1.Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute-Hartford Graduate Ctr.HartfordUSA
Chapter
Abstract
A short survey of recent experimental and theoretical results on the Kapitza-Dirac Effect (the reflection of electrons from a standing light wave) will be given. Higher order calculations show that the effect under certain conditions may disappear while increasing the intensity. — In the second half, results on the optical modulation of an electron beam will be presented. The modulation experiment is performed by an electron beam passing through a thin crystal modulated by laser light which shines through it. The light is then reproduced when the electron beam strikes a nonluminescent target. Further experimental and theoretical results, especially on the monochromaticity requirements for the electron beam, and the quantum mechanical nature of the effect, are reported.

Presented at the Second Workshop on “Laser Interaction and Related Plasma Phenomena” at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Hartford Graduate Center, August 30–September 3, 1971.

alywest

Would anyone here be willing to please ask Dr. Peat if he's aware that Kenogen (makers of Progest-E) are using soy isoflavones in their product?

B

Braveheart

Am very interested in progesterone, so wrote to Dr. Peat, as I sensed he values it.
From several recent emails...the parts pertaining to progest/dhea...

"I use my progesterone and DHEA dissolved in vitamin E, rubbed into my skin, so I’m not sure how much I’m absorbing, but I adjust the amount according to how I feel, and I think the absorbed amount is around 5 mg of DHEA and 15 mg of progesterone.
When I was 60, that much progesterone had a slight cold-shower effect, but now it doesn’t—I have as many erotic dreams as when I was 30."

"A few times when I took 100 mg or more of progesterone the antitestosterone effect was very noticeable for a day or two, but it quickly passed. A teenage male makes only about 12 mg of DHEA per day; when older men take 25 mg, they usually get very high estrogen."

"I rub some of the oil into my legs and arms every day, but some days it’s probably less than that. About 20 years ago I tended to use equal amounts of those, about 5 or 10 mg of each, now the extra progesterone doesn’t cause noticeable interference with the testosterone effect."
Hope this helps...

alywest

Am very interested in progesterone, so wrote to Dr. Peat, as I sensed he values it.
From several recent emails...the parts pertaining to progest/dhea...

"I use my progesterone and DHEA dissolved in vitamin E, rubbed into my skin, so I’m not sure how much I’m absorbing, but I adjust the amount according to how I feel, and I think the absorbed amount is around 5 mg of DHEA and 15 mg of progesterone.
When I was 60, that much progesterone had a slight cold-shower effect, but now it doesn’t—I have as many erotic dreams as when I was 30."

"A few times when I took 100 mg or more of progesterone the antitestosterone effect was very noticeable for a day or two, but it quickly passed. A teenage male makes only about 12 mg of DHEA per day; when older men take 25 mg, they usually get very high estrogen."

"I rub some of the oil into my legs and arms every day, but some days it’s probably less than that. About 20 years ago I tended to use equal amounts of those, about 5 or 10 mg of each, now the extra progesterone doesn’t cause noticeable interference with the testosterone effect."
Hope this helps...

I notice he doesn't say he uses progest-e

J

jb116

He has said a few times that he isn't affiliated with that product any more, although he does acknowledge it has been changed, however doesn't know what they now put in it.

alywest

in subsequent email he does...see to progest e or not thread
In that thread you said he recommends it, not that he uses it:

That’s the right (I think the only good) progesterone product. You can also get it directly from the producer, Kenogen

My guess is that he gets a pure micronized progesterone powder from a lab and dissolves it in E himself. That's why I would like to know if he's aware that Kenogen is currently using soy isoflavones in their product since he's recommending it to people. Perhaps he's not aware.

paymanz

"Carnosine, carnitine, creatine, and taurine"

"Ray,

Do you think the body can still produce enough of the so called "amino acids" carnosine, carnitine, creatine and taurine, none of which are made by any plant food, when a person does well eating a potato and mushroom based diet that leaves out any muscle meats and other foods that have those 4 preformed amino acids?"

RE:"I think so."

So he thinks we can produce enough of those nutrients on a plant based diet, if enough protein is provided?!

Ok, but vegans tend to have lower level of taurine and creatine. Maybe they dont get enough protein! But anyway human capacity to synthesize taurine is not as good as many animals.
Review: Taurine: A “very essential” amino acid
Thank you westside for sharing it.

Btw his view on retinol is clear, we need exogenous retinol to function optimal.

He personally eats at least 1 egg yolk daily and liver once a week or bi-weely. But has also said this about vitamin A which I think is how we should be functioning anyway. Just like his starch comment. Your digestion should be healthy enough for starch. You should be able to convert carotene. If your goal is health, then that's how the body is supposed to be and you should be able to do those things. If you can't then you're not healthy.

paymanz

Are you interested in vegan diet westside?! If yes It is nice if i hear reasons behind it.

Nice remind , and what about b12 and veganism?

Anyone can get a b12 deficiency because anyone can have problems with something called "intrinsic factor."

Peat said "Normally the bacteria can provide enough, but it's good to have some in the food too, for example milk."

I know someone who didn't take a b12 supplement for over 20 years while on no animal foods. It took them over two decades to show an MMA deficiency.

You should have routine blood work once a year anyways. In that you'll be able to see how your b12/MMA is. It's unlikely that you'll become b12 deficient in a year.

Are you interested in vegan diet westside?! If yes It is nice if i hear reasons behind it.

I am but only for health purposes. I don't care about animals or the planet. Meet me in person and I'll run over a squirrel to prove that I don't do it "for the animals". Of course what happens to them is horrible but I'm not interested in wasting my precious time trying to save them. I say that because people accuse me of being a "vegan" with an "agenda." People who say that have a low IQ. As far as the planet and food production, it's the same. I'm not interested in controlling people. I don't eat 100% vegan as of right now but I'm going to be experimenting with it soon. If it turns out that I can do it then I would rather do it because it's simpler to find quality, low-toxin foods. Plus it's cheaper. "Veganism" is a world and political view that has to do with things outside of diet. These people are leftists (which really they aren't, they've just redefined what it means to be a liberal or a leftist. Liberal comes from the word "Liberty" but they've hijacked it and redefined it) so I don't want anything to do with them. I just do it for selfish purposes. I want to feel good and hopefully live long and then when I die, go to sleep and not wake up, avoiding the years and pain and suffering that happens to most people.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals