Young Peaty Needing Guidance

Jamesu

Long time lurker, first time poster, allow me to share my story...

I'm a 21m, I've been peating quite strictly for about a year now. I was caught out by Danny's optimistic approach to preventing hairloss with nutrition, that's what got me through the door as I was quite desperate having tried all the low carb, vegan, vego, no sugar fiascos. I finally felt like I had hit the ultimatum with Ray's work... I started reading all of his articles and completely aligned myself with the bioenergetic view of the human organism. It took about a month after discovering his work to finally get comfortable with eating sugar, which was a slight mistake as I lost some weight in that time, which wasn't good because I was under a great deal of physical and mental stress which burned me out temporarily. After finally realising how much my mind, body and energy were improving with the sugar I decided I'd go all in and cut down to virtually no pufas and a continuous weekly flow and fresh natural oysters (luckily where I live they're top quality, local and cheap!). I felt a sense of grandiosity as I could feel that I was shifting gears, my mind was sharp and my testosterone was through the roof. Better yet my hairloss was under control - Big win after realising I'd never in a million years touch finnastaride again. This brings me to where I'm at now, I'm happy with my health, I'm young and I feel vibrant. This was fading as the years went on at uni along the standard route, which I now see as poison to the kindled spirits who actually seak knowledge. After having gone through such a transformation I feel like I've left my path of serotonin megalomania, I no longer want to domineer in a professional position, I feel like I want to slow my life down and enjoy every moment, which I now know is possible through a healthy lifestyle. I no longer feel I must pull myself up by the bootstraps and power through the trenches of life, I'm aware of how critical it is that we look after our health when we're young but all I get from uni and work is a form of adversity to that vision.

I feel like I'm unable to get back into a mode which is actually inline with my responsibilities, both as a student and as an employee, I feel they are just factories for garbage and produce nothing actually useful for human prosperity.

It's said that we live in an upside-down world. I'm 21 and I have to make choices which move me into this society. Is anyone else feeling this utter disappointment with the Western world? how could they hold us on such nonsense?

It sounds platitudinous but, how could we trade our health and happiness for a worlds like this? The 9-5 job at the office, the deficit food supply, the intellectual futility of university... I guess I need some hope that people can actually win against all this?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Runenight201

I would look into the Japanese concept of Ikigai, summarized in this graphic attached. In general, structuring your life so that above all your health is protected, and then doing things that both bring you financial security and develop your mind, spirit, and body I think to be the most meaningful and rewarding way to live.

I’m struggling with this also, but one thing that drives me on as I’ve markedly improved my health is that I have the energy and intellect to pursue and learn history, economics, philosophy, politics, etc... they all interchange with each other and at its foundations must lie the solutions which will bring our species into a new era of prosperity, health, and well-being.

While it’s easy to get discouraged at the way things are, i think it’s helpful to take a historical look at our quality of life right now compared to the past and realize that we really do have it MUCH better off than most humans have ever had, especially if one knows how to protect their health. While not inspiring, I’d take this capitalistic mind numbing 9-5 structure over being a rice farmer in Asia worrying about whether my family will be able to have enough food to eat next year. I think it’s not necessary to accept the common laboral structure that’s laid out for most college graduates, but one has to accept that they will be making serious compromises on the amount of wealth taken in, but if it means pursuing things that actually nurture and grow the individual in a manner that is integral towards self-actualización, than the pursuit becomes well worth the sacrifice.

Attachments

• 64D05FF9-4888-499A-8B01-314C2E19ECF6.png
    64D05FF9-4888-499A-8B01-314C2E19ECF6.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 54

Cirion

Dude I'm with ya. As I've become more aware as to what is damaging my health I've become disillusioned with Western culture as well. I am older than you and unfortunately destroyed my health from college etc. and I can definitely tell you, I'm not gonna sugar coat it, everything pretty much does suck just as much as you envision that it sucks, lol.

Everyone on this forum should band together and collectively buy an island that we can all live on that is sunny/warm all year round, grow our own crops and livestock and catch our own fish, and live a super low stress lifestyle. Have other fun things like a CO2 enriched sauna, Iodine filled swimming pool (although, I think Peat might not like the idea of the iodine pool....), and more...

Hey, one can dream right. LOL

Anyway, in terms of practicality, what one CAN do to mitigate the pain (unfortunately, upfront pain and toiling is unavoidable...) is learn how to live super frugally, and learn how to invest until it hurts. Yes you will sacrifice short term, but long term you will be able to escape the rat race long before your peers retire. The more frugal you can live, the quicker you can escape.

OP
Jamesu

Jamesu

I would look into the Japanese concept of Ikigai, summarized in this graphic attached. In general, structuring your life so that above all your health is protected, and then doing things that both bring you financial security and develop your mind, spirit, and body I think to be the most meaningful and rewarding way to live.

I’m struggling with this also, but one thing that drives me on as I’ve markedly improved my health is that I have the energy and intellect to pursue and learn history, economics, philosophy, politics, etc... they all interchange with each other and at its foundations must lie the solutions which will bring our species into a new era of prosperity, health, and well-being.

While it’s easy to get discouraged at the way things are, i think it’s helpful to take a historical look at our quality of life right now compared to the past and realize that we really do have it MUCH better off than most humans have ever had, especially if one knows how to protect their health. While not inspiring, I’d take this capitalistic mind numbing 9-5 structure over being a rice farmer in Asia worrying about whether my family will be able to have enough food to eat next year. I think it’s not necessary to accept the common laboral structure that’s laid out for most college graduates, but one has to accept that they will be making serious compromises on the amount of wealth taken in, but if it means pursuing things that actually nurture and grow the individual in a manner that is integral towards self-actualización, than the pursuit becomes well worth the sacrifice.

Thank for the response, you're right in saying that it's important that we consider ourselves lucky to be living in times as safe and and as prosperous as these. I suppose I should begin at a place of gratitude in order to set out with the right outlook, however we must not be blind to the way's in which the world today is depriving us of our livelihood. Things could be way better and I think that Ray has been like a blade, slicing through our preconceptions about health and nutrition. We did however get lead down the path before ray and so I take it that most of us area seeking the greatest good. I think that that's a mode of handling this confusing world, I'm with you on that path of seeking historical, philosophical and scientific truths, it's seems almost like the only way to not get jaded in some sense.

The proverbial Japan Venn diagram is interesting. It certainly seems correct in its 4 discontents. I've saved it so I'll have a closer study of it when I get the chance.

Cirion

Yeah it's an interesting diagram. I was just reflecting on it, and realized my "IKIGAI" will be probably health related... except I can't really get paid for it in my current state, and I'm also not as good at it as I need to be, but I'm very interested in it and its something the world desperately needs answers for as we're sicker than ever in this generation so that's 2/4 boxes checked at least.

I've been thinking for a while that once I correct my own health issues that I want to start pursuing some things in the health arena for sure.

You can probably get a fulfilling life without the "being paid" box, but only after you've reached a point of financial contentment. This is the other advantage to pursuing early retirement, it opens up more doors for you to pursue fulfillment, even things that might not pay much or even pay anything. Like for example charity work / volunteering. You might get paid little or nothing, but perhaps its something you're good at, something you enjoy, and its always something the world needs.

I think the restriction of "what you can get paid for" really hamstrings people from pursuing what they want to do in life, so the aspect of pursuing early financial independence is not something to under-estimate in its power to bring quality of life. Personally, I find the other 3 circles a lot easier to fill. Most people find themselves stuck on just 1-2 things they can get paid reasonably well with, especially those that went to college for very specific things. Then if you find out later that's not what you love, then you're never gonna be able to fill all 4 circles because its not like you can just give up a six figure income to go work a low five figure income...

OP
Jamesu

Jamesu

Dude I'm with ya. As I've become more aware as to what is damaging my health I've become disillusioned with Western culture as well. I am older than you and unfortunately destroyed my health from college etc. and I can definitely tell you, I'm not gonna sugar coat it, everything pretty much does suck just as much as you envision that it sucks, lol.

Everyone on this forum should band together and collectively buy an island that we can all live on that is sunny/warm all year round, grow our own crops and livestock and catch our own fish, and live a super low stress lifestyle. Have other fun things like a CO2 enriched sauna, Iodine filled swimming pool (although, I think Peat might not like the idea of the iodine pool....), and more...

Anyway, in terms of practicality, what one CAN do to mitigate the pain (unfortunately, upfront pain and toiling is unavoidable...) is learn how to live super frugally, and learn how to invest until it hurts. Yes you will sacrifice short term, but long term you will be able to escape the rat race long before your peers retire. The more frugal you can live, the quicker you can escape.

Short term sacrifice is a good idea. I know people who were frugal even with small change and now they're ready to buy houses... It's quite powerful and overlooked.

Definitely interested in the Peaty Island idea. My concern is that it'll end up like the rajneeshpuram, totally demonised by the rest of the world to the point where it's too much to continue... Nice dream though!

Runenight201

In antiquity many like minded people could abandon their society and move to some unoccupied land and set up shop and form a whole new society. Not as feasible today. With enough money I’d imagine it could work, but that would require a whole small town to be bought out, homes, lands, businesses, government, etc...

OP
Jamesu

Jamesu

In antiquity many like minded people could abandon their society and move to some unoccupied land and set up shop and form a whole new society. Not as feasible today. With enough money I’d imagine it could work, but that would require a whole small town to be bought out, homes, lands, businesses, government, etc...
I'm about to graduate in Architecture, happy to design some bio-energetic inspired buildings for this break away civilization!

milkboi

Great thread. I feel exactly the same way as you do. Achieving financial freedom seems the best solution to this problem, yet it requires one to accept the burden of the system one is trying to escape fora few decades to succeed...

OP
Jamesu

Jamesu

Great thread. I feel exactly the same way as you do. Achieving financial freedom seems the best solution to this problem, yet it requires one to accept the burden of the system one is trying to escape fora few decades to succeed...
Exactly, we do have to integrate with the society whether we like it or not, it's like we're indebted to the system for allowing us to have such realizations and or doubts.

I have come to a few conclusions about the world as of late, none of which I'm pleased with. Most of which line up quite closely with Byung-Chul Hans philosophies, which I highly suggest people to check out. He explains in his book "The Burnout Society" that we have live in a culture/society of “Yes, you can”, a society that affirms that we can all go as far as we can just trying. We live in an era in which Positive Psychology has become popular and distorted, limited to a series of motivating phrases without much substance that convey a clear message: “You can!”. Han also states - “The society of the 21st century is no longer disciplinary, but a society of the performance. Nor are its inhabitants called ‘subjects of obedience’, but ‘subjects of performance’. These subjects are entrepreneurs of themselves.” This change is supposed to be empowering and liberating... But it actually becomes a boomerang that soon beats us with all its strength because it hides a great psychological risk of which we are not aware. It is in a way a form of violence, another force which has seemingly vanished* from developed societies, despite violence being ubiquitous to our existence on earth... Do check him out, I believe he Is on the money with most of his claims.

lisamarie1010

still catching up on reading Cirion, but yes would be nice. We simply must, in our own world, to create it in our mind and form as we want. I never saw any...group that worked. Even Jesus couldn't hold the band of 12 together. Yogananda's best friend betrayed him. Seems we are bound to find our closest, highest inner circle and then stay honest, stay brave, stay attuned.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals