derealization since starting benzos? looking for info

troubledtimes

ive been on an SSRI for years and years which did help. after getting some hyperventilation, body twitches and worsening anxiety that came on all of a sudden after a night of drinking i started looking for help. alcohol seemed to be the trigger for this neurological issue i was facing. so i deffinitley cut back on beer. than sugar, carbs, caffeigne and even green tea would bring on these symptoms. i quit alochol for 5 months and still would have these odd symptoms after eating food. the best thing i have found is cutting back on calories. i dont know if i caused a neurlogical disorder from drinking or what is wrong but the drs basically blamed it on anxiety. which having low stamina, depression, anxiety, feeling out of breath after just going up stairs, weird symptoms after eating i would hardly say is just an "anxiety" problem. so they prescribed me klonopin and it helped somewhat with the twitches but i just remember sitting in my chair feeling depressed as all hell...... i felt nothing really. some people take it and feel great me there was something else off because klonopin was no magic bullet thats for dam sure. so every now and than i would drink and of course feel like crap in the morning and than one day after a night of drinking i woke up with a different feeling of derealization. it just felt like everything slowed down and i was in a dream like state. beer acting on GABA receptors, than benzos act on GABA receptors it sort of leads me to beleive that benzos caused this derealization. i dont abuse them i take about 1mg of klonopin to 1.5mg a day. and the worst part is now even tho they dont help me i still have to take them or else i start getting on the verge of phycosis... so ill be looking to do a long taper to get off these safely. given my symptoms, how klonopin doesnt help to much and seems to only add to depression, now having derealization on a daily basis whats happening in the brain?

pro marker

ive been on an SSRI for years and years which did help. after getting some hyperventilation, body twitches and worsening anxiety that came on all of a sudden after a night of drinking i started looking for help. alcohol seemed to be the trigger for this neurological issue i was facing. so i deffinitley cut back on beer. than sugar, carbs, caffeigne and even green tea would bring on these symptoms. i quit alochol for 5 months and still would have these odd symptoms after eating food. the best thing i have found is cutting back on calories. i dont know if i caused a neurlogical disorder from drinking or what is wrong but the drs basically blamed it on anxiety. which having low stamina, depression, anxiety, feeling out of breath after just going up stairs, weird symptoms after eating i would hardly say is just an "anxiety" problem. so they prescribed me klonopin and it helped somewhat with the twitches but i just remember sitting in my chair feeling depressed as all hell...... i felt nothing really. some people take it and feel great me there was something else off because klonopin was no magic bullet thats for dam sure. so every now and than i would drink and of course feel like crap in the morning and than one day after a night of drinking i woke up with a different feeling of derealization. it just felt like everything slowed down and i was in a dream like state. beer acting on GABA receptors, than benzos act on GABA receptors it sort of leads me to beleive that benzos caused this derealization. i dont abuse them i take about 1mg of klonopin to 1.5mg a day. and the worst part is now even tho they dont help me i still have to take them or else i start getting on the verge of phycosis... so ill be looking to do a long taper to get off these safely. given my symptoms, how klonopin doesnt help to much and seems to only add to depression, now having derealization on a daily basis whats happening in the brain?
the brain is fickle. ive had derealization for 7 years after trying weed ONCE.

Frankdee20

I experienced what Peter Groenindyjk (founded the now defunct website antidepressant facts) termed a negative reaction to SSRI back in 2006.. Peter had a similar experience with Prozac in 1994.... It took him many years to recover.... Hypersensitivity of the nervous system and all sorts of derealization and depersonalization accompany the disturbance in brain chemistry.... It took me about 7 years to recover ....