Will anybody have a cheat day this Thanksgiving

Birdie

Don’t have to worry about ”cheating” since the unvaxxed got banned from the family and friends Thanksgiving celebration this year….
I might as well say the same. My family is scattered far away, but a neighbor invited us to join in at their country club. I checked the menu to see if there would be anything I could eat. So, I found that the un-vaxxed must wear "a covering over nose and mouth" in the dining room. Too much fun for me.

I might as well say the same. My family is scattered far away, but a neighbor invited us to join in at their country club. I checked the menu to see if there would be anything I could eat. So, I found that the un-vaxxed must wear "a covering over nose and mouth" in the dining room. Too much fun for me.

I get so aggravated and claustrophobic wearing those masks. I just can't do it so I only do outdoor things. Wearing a mask trying to enjoy a holiday sounds awful!

Don’t have to worry about ”cheating” since the unvaxxed got banned from the family and friends Thanksgiving celebration this year….

That is terrible! How many people do you think are unvaccinated therefore excluded?

LucyL

i don't celebrate thanksgiving but i can tell you that i 100% believe you shouldn't worry about a cheat day (or two). Just relax and enjoy yourself, if your diet is good most of the year then you shouldn't stress about eating crap a few times since the stress is probably going to do more damage than the food.
Yep. I remember Ray saying the best foods to eat were the ones you ate in good company and enjoyed, because those digested well. :cool: I figure I've been "peating" long enough now, that my instincts will kick in on those occasions where I need to rely on good digestion to save the day, and I will naturally lean to the better selections amongst the bad one.

Birdie

I just remembered that we do have some of our family nearby, but the ones having it stopped speaking to us. That's the daughter of my husband's sister who you might remember was a vaxx injury/death.
I didn't notice that we weren't invited until just now. It's what it is. I would not enjoy being around their propagandized world view and ill founded superiority. I can't pretend anymore. Have to take a stand. And others hurt more than I do. There is a lot of hurting but also a lot of standing. I'm thankful for all those brave people.

Madlash

I most certainly take a cheat meal for big cultural traditions and family occasions, and imo it's ridiculous not to. That doesn't mean all health considerations fly out the window - I'm still selective - but I definitely cheat. I will not turn up my nose at a beautiful holiday meal that my mother or aunt slaved over. Some things are much more important than your dietary rigour, and face it, you are going to suffer and die like everyone else no matter how Peaty you are. Celebrate occasions in the proper spirit.

K

Kayaker

I just remembered that we do have some of our family nearby, but the ones having it stopped speaking to us. That's the daughter of my husband's sister who you might remember was a vaxx injury/death.
I didn't notice that we weren't invited until just now. It's what it is. I would not enjoy being around their propagandized world view and ill founded superiority. I can't pretend anymore. Have to take a stand. And others hurt more than I do. There is a lot of hurting but also a lot of standing. I'm thankful for all those brave people.
Why would they feel superior? Aren't they just doing what everyone else is doing?

OP
I

IncK

I most certainly take a cheat meal for big cultural traditions and family occasions, and imo it's ridiculous not to. That doesn't mean all health considerations fly out the window - I'm still selective - but I definitely cheat. I will not turn up my nose at a beautiful holiday meal that my mother or aunt slaved over. Some things are much more important than your dietary rigour, and face it, you are going to suffer and die like everyone else no matter how Peaty you are. Celebrate occasions in the proper spirit.
good point.:thumbup:

I have been bringing my own food to Thanksgiving for years, by bringing enough to share. I put a little of their Thanksgiving food on my plate and push it around while eating my own food instead. You betcha I will be splurging on my mashed potatoes and gravy, I splurge on my own Thanksgiving fare every few months, so last Thanksgiving I made this non-Thanksgiving food to splurge on instead!
I occasionally check the forums to see if there's anything interesting posted and I can't help but notice your prolific yet vibrant posts. I'd be very surprised if no one has yet to recommend this to you but you should definitely start a cooking/health blog perhaps with a YT channel to boot. With your energetic posting style, unique recipes, and photography skills I think you'd be quite successful. Just sayin'.

On the thread subject, worrying about this or that on Thanksgiving is going to be way more detrimental to your health via stress and cortisol than potentially eating "non-Peaty" foods with family. Roasted turkey breast without the skin only has .2g of pufa per 100g while the leg meat has 1g per the same and probably even less if it's pasture raised. Mix in some cranberry gelatin and some sweet potatoes (well-buttered preferably) or mashed potatoes and you have a low pufa feast. Who cares about the ratios of amino acids and beta carotene, they're not going to make you or break you.

OP
I

IncK

if you do cheat do you take aspirin with meals or after how many do you take??

I occasionally check the forums to see if there's anything interesting posted and I can't help but notice your prolific yet vibrant posts. I'd be very surprised if no one has yet to recommend this to you but you should definitely start a cooking/health blog perhaps with a YT channel to boot. With your energetic posting style, unique recipes, and photography skills I think you'd be quite successful. Just sayin'.

On the thread subject, worrying about this or that on Thanksgiving is going to be way more detrimental to your health via stress and cortisol than potentially eating "non-Peaty" foods with family. Roasted turkey breast without the skin only has .2g of pufa per 100g while the leg meat has 1g per the same and probably even less if it's pasture raised. Mix in some cranberry gelatin and some sweet potatoes (well-buttered preferably) or mashed potatoes and you have a low pufa feast. Who cares about the ratios of amino acids and beta carotene, they're not going to make you or break you.

Thank you Randle for such encouraging words, they will be ringing in my ears today. Maybe when there are less pressing issues in the world I may give it a go. For now I am happy to be helpful in the forum and in my corner of the world. Thank you again for your positive nudge :)

Madlash

if you do cheat do you take aspirin with meals or after how many do you take??
I wouldn't adjust my daily aspirin (375-750mg) unless I felt inflamed. I'm not saying you shouldn't take extra - I'm sure it wouldn't hurt - I just personally don't. I would be more worried about mitigating the PUFA from multiple poultry helpings and possibly cooking oils, so I would take additional vitamin E and a bit of coconut oil. I believe that's a fairly standard approach here, but you could canvass others.

OccamzRazer

Besides about a bottle of organic wine, no cheating here :)

It feels better to stand for the things you believe in than it does to eat PUFA-laden treats.

Besides, many Thanksgiving foods can be somewhat 'Peaty.' Might make a cheesecake or some creme brulee!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals