Ray's Quick Therapy Diet: 2 Quarts Of Milk And 2 Quarts Of Orange Juice Per Day

Amazoniac

@Amazoniac What do you mean by suppressing alternative energy sources with niacinamide and aspirin? Lipolysis? What is harmful about lowering that?
It's harmful if you can't oxidize sugar properly and at the same time you do everything to suppress fatty acids. A lot of the problems are minimized if you don't have an excess of polyunsaturated fats stored.
There are proper ways of doing it that have been discussed in those authors' books and in the principles of Ray's writings.
This goes back to all the discussion between gbolduev and haidut here. Should you respect the pace of the body and it hopefully will figure its way out of the inhibited state, or should you do everything possible to get out of this state as soon as possible before it sets in as the norm?

Last edited:

raypeatclips

It's harmful if you can't oxidize sugar properly and at the same time you do everything to suppress fatty acids. A lot of the problems are minimized if you don't have an excess of polyunsaturated fats stored.

Peat has said this suppressing of FFA by aspirin and niacinamide improves glucose oxidation. Of course they don't prevent lipolysis completely, were you just concerned with the more extreme measures such as multi gram doses of niacinamide or aspirin?

Amazoniac

Peat has said this suppressing of FFA by aspirin and niacinamide improves glucose oxidation. Of course they don't prevent lipolysis completely, were you just concerned with the more extreme measures such as multi gram doses of niacinamide or aspirin?
But sometimes encouraging too much at once "wastes" it, and people ignore the reactions or can't back it up enough..

Amazoniac

Yeah I'm sorry I wasn't all that clear. When I feel I have high Homocysteine I feel sluggish, constipated and edematous. If I take Folate or TMG I usually get an acutely liver flush and lowered Homocysteine resulting in acute bowel movement, mood lift, less bloat etc. But these effects do not apply to chronic use.

Diet is 2-3L 1% Milk, 1,5-2L OJ, 60-80g Collagen, 2 Eggs, 30-40g Coconut Oil, 0-15g Cacao Butter and about 150g Sugar. :carrot

It should fit someone with MTHFR, but gut is hard to balance and keep balanced. Often when I feel discomfort in gut I also feel discomfort in the state of now, making me think serotonin has been a bigger factor for my gut/health than I realized, and probably deserves as much attention as estrogen. A body low on estrogen and serotonin should keep liver and gut flowing, but an imbalance would keep liver and gut shut either high in estrogen or serotonin.

Progesterone and Vitamin E does wonder for my estrogen, but my body cloggs way to easy under stress and then estrogen rises sharply again, and I feel it`s because of my gut stopping as Serotonin is being produced, increasing endotoxin and this negative loop starts yet again.

So I`m going to focus heavily on an anti serotonin and anti estrogen regime, hopefully giving me a flow state I would believe would benefit methylation and regulate homocysteine levels. I`m also curious on how effective the anti fibrotic effects from Meterogoline and Lisuride can be. And I`m dropping DHEA..

Sorry to drop these awkward posts on you @Amazoniac but I always appreciate your comments :relaxed:
Folates from oranges are not as utilizable as the ones from liver; it varies depending on the food in question. Its RDA is based on food folate and some of this inefficiency is already taken into account. When supplements enter the story and a same amount is ingested, there's a factor to adjust for their better use.

- Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism (978-1-133-10405-6)

"Folate in foods exists primarily in the reduced form, and it usually contains up to nine glutamic acid residues (versus the one glutamic acid []) attached to PABA. The principal pteroylpolyglutamates in foods are 5-methyl tetrahydrofolate (THF) and 10-formyl THF, although over 150 different forms of folate have been reported. In supplements and in fortified foods, folic acid is provided as pteroylmonoglutamate, the most oxidized and stable form of the vitamin. As a supplement, folic acid is almost completely bioavailable (especially if consumed on an empty stomach). When fortified foods are consumed with natural sources of folate, the vitamin is about 85% bioavailable."

"Generally, folate bioavailability from a mixed diet is thought to be about 50%, although it may range from 10% to 98% [1,2]. Variations in intestinal pH, genetic variations in enzymatic activity needed for folate digestion, dietary constituents such as inhibitors, and the food matrix influence bioavailability. Because of the difference in the efficiency of folate absorption from foods versus folic acid from supplements and fortified grain products, folate equivalents are used in recommendations for dietary folate intakes []."

"Before the polyglutamate forms of folate in foods can be absorbed, they must be digested to the monoglutamate form. This hydrolysis or deconjugation is performed by at least two folylpoly γ-glutamyl/glutamate carboxypeptidases (FGCP), also referred to as pteroylpolyglutamate hydrolases or conjugases. These enzymes exhibit separate activities in the jejunum, one soluble (from pancreatic juice and bile), and the other bound to the enterocyte’s brush border membrane. The brush border carboxypeptidase is a zinc-dependent exopeptidase that stepwise cleaves the polyglutamate into monoglutamate. Zinc deficiency impairs carboxypeptidase activity and diminishes digestion and thus absorption of folate [3]. Alcohol ingestion and inhibitors in foods such as legumes, lentils, cabbage, and oranges also diminish enzyme activity to impair digestion of the vitamin’s polyglutamate forms and thus inhibit folate absorption. Folic acid in fortified foods and supplements does not need to undergo digestion because it already is present in the monoglutamate form."​

- Properties of Food Folates Determined by Stability and Susceptibility to Intestinal Pteroylpolyglutamate Hydrolase Action

"Folate distribution in lettuce, cabbage and orange juice is quite similar; the great majority of folates in these foods are methylated tetrahydofolates with a different number of glutamate residues (Table 1). Yet the difference in stability is remarkable. This difference is probably attributable to differences in the antioxidant activities of these foods. For example, egg yolk and liver are abundant in cysteine, and orange juice and cabbage in vitamin C. In contrast, lima beans, lettuce and yeast are deficient in cysteine and/or in vitamin C (Adams 1988, Pennington 1989)."

"In orange juice, lettuce and lima beans, the release of monoglutamyl folates after incubation with the pig intestinal brush border membrane preparation was significantly lower with the crude extracts than with the affinity purified extracts. These differences in monoglutamyl folate release are probably due to the presence in these extracts of enzyme inhibitors from a number of sources. Inhibitors of pteroylpolyglutamate hydrolases have been reported to be present in lettuce (Santini et al. 1962), in a wide variety of legume extracts including lima beans (Butterworth et al. 1973) and in orange juice (Bhandari and Gregory 1990). Most recently, Wei and Gregory (1998) have shown that organic acids in selected foods inhibit intestinal brush border pteroylpolyglutamate hydrolase activity in vitro. They proposed that this inhibition was one of the mechanisms that affected dietary polyglutamate folate. However, as seen in Table 3, the presence of inhibitors is not the only explanation because even after affinity purification, the releases of monoglutamyl folate from both yeast and cabbage extracts after incubation with the intestinal hydrolase were marginal, suggesting perhaps that the purified preparations are not free of inhibitors."

"The “folate availability indices” reflect the properties of folates in the various foods as they pertain to distribution, stability and susceptibility of pteroylpolyglutamates to intestinal hydrolase. We assessed the usefulness of these indices by comparing them with the indices of bioavailability for the same foods as reported by Tamura and Stokstad (1973) and Babu and Sirikantia (1976). These two quoted studies represent the best available in vivo data on folate bioavailablity. We found that the two set of indices are marginally correlated (R2 = 0.529, P = 0.068). These results are encouraging. However, additional information on folate bioavailability of other food products is required to test the usefulness of this in vitro approach in assessing the bioavailability of food folate. A promising approach for studying bioavailability of food folates was introduced by Wei et al. (1996) who mixed the food with isotopically labeled folate polyglutamates. However, even this approach requires verification. There is no assurance that the exogenously added folate undergoes complete mixing with endogenous folate."​

So even if this claim is correct, you must be getting enough to make up for it:
- Revised D-A-CH intake recommendations for folate: how much is needed?

But the diet seems pretty low in manganese (it appears to be something more common here than I imagined).
- Manganese And Its Unimportance In Health

Last edited:

Rem

Hello

Just to make some input here.

I have not tried this 2 quarts + 2 quarts protocol, but instead I have tried some kind of "raw milk cure".
And I was very surprised to notice that, drinking like 7 or even 8 quarts of milk daily, I had a "dry feeling" and could still drink coffee.
Long ago, when I made my first experiments with Peat, I was more on the "fruit side" rather than the "milk side", and I was clearly tired by "too much liquid".

So, what I am suggesting here, is that it may be a question of balance between milk and fruit, the former being — paradoxically — quite dry (from a qualitative standpoint I mean)

I don't rule out the possibility that this dryness, that makes this "Peat protocol" feasible for me now, is due to the rawness of milk.
Actually it's a bit more complicated, because sometimes I make it quickly boil before use.
But still, it gives me a definitely different feeling from the pasteurized milk (even non homogenized) that I can find elsewhere.
I feel the latter (the "shelf-pasteurized") to be "decanted", meaning that the liquid content has separated from another phase of the milk.
The raw or "just-pasteurized" milk, maintains some kind of "coherence" between these phases.

As if in the shelf-pasteurized, the "fire" of the milk had "decanted" from the "water", resulting in a lack of absorption of this fire, which translates as "liquid loading".

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals