Ray's Quick Therapy Diet: 2 Quarts Of Milk And 2 Quarts Of Orange Juice Per Day

burtlancast

In this recent interview transcript (Cholesterol Is An Important Molecule, KMUD, 2008) Ray talks about a fit-for-all quick therapy diet destined to get the thyroid and the liver going, to suppress inflammation, and to lower chronic blood pressure.

HD2: So, a high-calcium diet, in conjunction with a high protein diet, and a high-fruit diet is what basically what you're suggesting?

RP: Yah. That's why, as a quick therapy diet, I recommend a person having at least two quarts of milk and two quarts of orange juice every day to get the thyroid going and suppress inflammation and help the liver regulate things.

HD2: When you recommend that to people, do you recommend that they have it in place of breakfast and lunch? Or as well as their normal three meals a day?

RP: As it starts working, it will increase their caloric needs, so that if they had been maintaining their weight on 1,000 or 1,500 calories, as the milk and orange juice start to activate their thyroid hormone and lower the estrogen and cortisol, they will gradually be able to increase their caloric intake up to at least 2,000 calories a day.

HD2: Well that's quite incredible.

RP: We haven't said much about high blood pressure. But the same diet, increasing your thyroid function, regulates the mineral balance. Such that it lowers your adrenaline, lowers the sympathetic nervous system activity’, and allows the minerals to be balanced with water. So that increased thyroid function lowers blood pressure (although many doctors have been misled on this issue).

Has anybody tried this ?

My own adaptation would be to take the OJ with some baking soda ( to decrease acidity) and switch to goat (or A2) milk instead of cow milk, in case people have issues with regular milk.

And maybe use low fat / defatted milk, in order to avoid putting on pounds initially.

Last edited:

Kasper

4L of liquid seems quite a lot to me

I have tried it, but I feel better with potatoes instead of orange juice.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

I wonder if any diabetic has tried this.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

4L of liquid seems quite a lot to me

I have tried it, but I feel better with potatoes instead of orange juice.

Well, you won't lose weight then...

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

What do you mean with this?

Simply that eating starches will cause you to turn on fat synthesis. OJ will not do that. Ray mentions that the diet will help people lose weight by increasing their metabolic rate.

Losing weight while drinking OJ would be a dream for a lot of people...

Kasper

Oh, I have never had problems with weight. Whatever I eat, I never gain weight for some reason.

But I'm not sure if eating potatoes will increase fat synthesis, do you have any reference for that? I heard about a guy eating only potatoes and butter as a diet for weeks, and loosing weight on it, lowering tryglicerides and cholesterol.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Oh, I have never had problems with weight. Whatever I eat, I never gain weight for some reason.

But I'm not sure if eating potatoes will increase fat synthesis, do you have any reference for that? I heard about a guy eating only potatoes and butter as a diet for weeks, and loosing weight on it, lowering tryglicerides and cholesterol.

I myself used to love mashed potatoes, and was eating them 4 times a week. My face was puffing up quite rapidly, as was my weight.

paymanz

Simply that eating starches will cause you to turn on fat synthesis. OJ will not do that. Ray mentions that the diet will help people lose weight by increasing their metabolic rate.

Losing weight while drinking OJ would be a dream for a lot of people...
you right but as good oranges (with enough sugar) sometimes is not in access so having potatoes for minerals and vitamins plus some date,honey,white sugar is good,i guess.
potatoes dont have that much starches.

Lots of people lose weight on a potato diet. Hey have only potatoes with a tiny amount of fat then perhaps another meal later with some other stuff. They report good weight loss.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

you right but as good oranges (with enough sugar) sometimes is not in access so having potatoes for minerals and vitamins plus some date,honey,white sugar is good,i guess.
potatoes dont have that much starches.

"Potatoes are one of the vegetables with the highest starch content."
Measuring Starch Content in Vegetables

I agree though potatoes are a great source of minerals (especially potassium) and of essential amino acids (precursors). This is why i do make sometimes Ray's potato protein soup.

Ulla

I myself used to love mashed potatoes, and was eating them 4 times a week. My face was puffing up quite rapidly, as was my weight.

Me too.
I am thin, skinny and I notice changes in the mirror quickly.
I am just coming from a phase of eating way more starches. I had been noticing less lean belly and now in these past days I have been changing my diet back to simple fruits. Still keeping some starches (after exercise or at the evening after very busy day).
I seem soft to myself. I put on 1 kg of weight (water I guess) but my skinny jeans still fit me the same so it is not like a rapid gain weight but definitely less leaner body.

Nighteyes

Currently, this is pretty much what I am doing (orange juice and milk) except I add liver, eggs, scallops, mozzarella, creamed spinach, apples and coconut oil. Occational ice cream. This is what I eat every day and is definitely helping me get shredded. Also I am closer to 2L orange juice and 1L milk than the other way around. It varies.

A couple months ago I was eating a lot of potatoes and they worked for a while until something didn't feel right. I go by feel and taste above all.

Ulla

Lots of people lose weight on a potato diet. Hey have only potatoes with a tiny amount of fat then perhaps another meal later with some other stuff. They report good weight loss.

I think that for (slightly) overweight people this could be true.
But what about someone that is totally normal and ordinary lean?

PakPik

Hello @burtlancast, thanks for sharing this. I didn't know about this "diet". It's definitely similar to what I've been doing for 3-4 months. Aimed it as a gentle, healing diet as well, specially for PUFA depletion (it yields around 0.3% kcal PUFA) and also for concentrated nutrition.
1.5 L Freshly squeezed and strained OJ (rarely exchange it for fresh coconut water)
1.5 L 1.5% milk mixed with 4 tablespoons of honey
2 mangoes or some other fruit
1/2 cup white rice,
and recently added to this 25 grams gelatin, and also get weekly liver.

It's been a success so far, very supportive, and I would love to stick to it for many months to come.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Hello @burtlancast, thanks for sharing this. I didn't know about this "diet". It's definitely similar to what I've been doing for 3-4 months. Aimed it as a gentle, healing diet as well, specially for PUFA depletion (it yields around 0.3% kcal PUFA) and also for concentrated nutrition.
1.5 L Freshly squeezed and strained OJ (rarely exchange it for fresh coconut water)
1.5 L 1.5% milk mixed with 4 tablespoons of honey
2 mangoes or some other fruit
1/2 cup white rice,
and recently added to this 25 grams gelatin, and also get weekly liver.

It's been a success so far, very supportive, and I would love to stick to it for many months to come.

Wow.
I was wondering after how many days people would get tired of the taste; but it seems it's quite enjoyable.

And of course, people can eat normally besides it, as Ray wrote.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals