Will anybody have a cheat day this Thanksgiving

cupofcoffee

i don't celebrate thanksgiving but i can tell you that i 100% believe you shouldn't worry about a cheat day (or two). Just relax and enjoy yourself, if your diet is good most of the year then you shouldn't stress about eating crap a few times since the stress is probably going to do more damage than the food.

OP
I

IncK

i don't celebrate thanksgiving but i can tell you that i 100% believe you shouldn't worry about a cheat day (or two). Just relax and enjoy yourself, if your diet is good most of the year then you shouldn't stress about eating crap a few times since the stress is probably going to do more damage than the food.
will do thanks for the advice.

OP
I

IncK

I often eat "not so great" food, but I always avoid PUFAs. I might eat wheat some times, or chocolate, or icercream, but never PUFA
How long have you been peating ??doing that thanksgiving will mean i probably only get to eat vegetables im sure everything else loaded with pufa

DonLore

1.5 years now. Started because I developed major health issues, still in the process of healing fully. When eating with family/somewhere with non-peaty foods, there often is something to eat like potatoes, meat, etc. It is sometimes hard to eat healthy but I would think anything is fine once a month, but high pufa meals should ALWAYS be avoided. Maybe ask that one food is prepared with butter/olive oil?

OP
I

IncK

1.5 years now. Started because I developed major health issues, still in the process of healing fully. When eating with family/somewhere with non-peaty foods, there often is something to eat like potatoes, meat, etc. It is sometimes hard to eat healthy but I would think anything is fine once a month, but high pufa meals should ALWAYS be avoided. Maybe ask that one food is prepared with butter/olive oil?
Yes i think im going to stick to strict peat even in social situation, will try to do aleast 4years to clear pufa, I just started peating like 2 weeks trying to heal health issues also yes butter veggies would be a great solution:thumbsup:

-Luke-

I'm not from the US but you probably ask because of the turkey that many people eat on thanksgiving, right? Or are there other high pufa foods involved? Just don't eat a huge piece. You could also take some Vitamin E and/or Aspirin and/or some saturated fat source with it. How much pufa is in 100g turkey? 5-8g maybe? It won't kill you.

K

Kayaker

Yes i think im going to stick to strict peat even in social situation, will try to do aleast 4years to clear pufa, I just started peating like 2 weeks trying to heal health issues also yes butter veggies would be a great solution:thumbsup:
PUFA doesn't clear. It gets stored protectively, and MUFA and SFA get burned instead. My omega-3s and omega-6s were below average, but present despite never eating cheat food for way longer than what you think will clear them. Also, my arachidonic acid was above average, likely because I ate a high egg diet before I started Peating.

The fat-soluble toxins DDT and PCB are likely similar to PUFA and build up in adipose tissue over time.

If what Peat said about chelation of heavy metals also applies to depletion of PUFA, avoiding further consumption and avoiding lipolysis is the best way to maintain good health.

DonLore

I'm not from the US but you probably ask because of the turkey that many people eat on thanksgiving, right? Or are there other high pufa foods involved? Just don't eat a huge piece. You could also take some Vitamin E and/or Aspirin and/or some saturated fat source with it. How much pufa is in 100g turkey? 5-8g maybe? It won't kill you.
100g of turkey breast with skin has only 1.8g pufa. So turkey is safe when eaten not so often

Birdie

I just plan ahead and try to eat more of the healthier food and skip anything like cheese puffs, gravy that isn't homemade, extra stuffing, extra bread, ...

Know what the food will be ahead. Then you can relax.

No. It's called discipline.

RealNeat

I agree with this for the most part. I would however be careful in someone who has severe health issues as one cheat day eating gums, or high PUFA or whatever else could cause a heart attack or stroke or something of the like because of the severe gut irritation or excess inflammation. I think being reasonable but not restrictive is a good way to look at it on those holidays and have some mitigation strategies in mind if you decide to go "off the deep end"

Jstar

Don’t have to worry about ”cheating” since the unvaxxed got banned from the family and friends Thanksgiving celebration this year….

OP
I

IncK

I just plan ahead and try to eat more of the healthier food and skip anything like cheese puffs, gravy that isn't homemade, extra stuffing, extra bread, ...

Know what the food will be ahead. Then you can relax.
totally:thumbsup:

K

Kayaker

Don’t have to worry about ”cheating” since the unvaxxed got banned from the family and friends Thanksgiving celebration this year….
"Thanks for 'nothin", said the unvaccinated gentleman sitting alone on Thanksgiving evening with a turkey in his hand.

Peer pressure to be social sucks for diet

I have been bringing my own food to Thanksgiving for years, by bringing enough to share. I put a little of their Thanksgiving food on my plate and push it around while eating my own food instead. You betcha I will be splurging on my mashed potatoes and gravy, I splurge on my own Thanksgiving fare every few months, so last Thanksgiving I made this non-Thanksgiving food to splurge on instead!

Attachments

• 20210108_164601.jpg
    20210108_164601.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20201126_210047.jpg
    20201126_210047.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20201126_205344.jpg
    20201126_205344.jpg
    608.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20201127_110933.jpg
    20201127_110933.jpg
    630.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20201126_211111.jpg
    20201126_211111.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 22
OP
I

IncK

I have been bringing my own food to Thanksgiving for years, by bringing enough to share. I put a little of their Thanksgiving food on my plate and push it around while eating my own food instead. You betcha I will be splurging on my mashed potatoes and gravy, I splurge on my own Thanksgiving fare every few months, so last Thanksgiving I made this non-Thanksgiving food to splurge on instead!
Thats a great idea bring food and push the other to the side while not looking like the odd one out.
also the roasted potatoes look delicious

Thats a great idea bring food and push the other to the side while not looking like the odd one out.

...and I go back for seconds! If you spread it around the outer edges of the plate it looks like you ate most of it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals