[first progess, then relapse] extremely confused now :(

Carac

Re: extremely confused now :(

lazz,

I was wondering about the raw eggs;

"meal 2 16 oz of oj

6 raw eggs

1 tbsp. of sugar"

I have been thinking about adding raw eggs to my diet. Do you take any special precautious since you are eating them raw? (only organic, veg fed, free range, etc??) Or are they safe raw without any other considerations than if you were cooking them? Just wondering.

Thanks!

OP
L

lazz

Carac said:
lazz,

I was wondering about the raw eggs;

"meal 2 16 oz of oj

6 raw eggs

1 tbsp. of sugar"

I have been thinking about adding raw eggs to my diet. Do you take any special precautious since you are eating them raw? (only organic, veg fed, free range, etc??) Or are they safe raw without any other considerations than if you were cooking them? Just wondering.

Thanks!

hey bro,

yes, I make sure they're free-range , organic, pasteurized....I believe when you cook the egg it affects the protein content...so I eat them raw, with a bit of sea salt....drink up...cheers.. :mrgreen:

OP
L

lazz

if I might add and it is not placebo effect...in 3 weeks my hair has gotten extremely fuller...my girlfriend and some co workers have noticed....

OP
L

lazz

one more thing , I definitely think them cheat meals I had during the weekend affected me Monday libido wise..Im not gonna annoy you guys with my little reports every time I have sex but things have returned back to normal , today it was awesome , sex drive high as hell, 100% erections , no pills..felt great..im keeping record , track of all this and how I feel or what did I eat on certain days , mood , physical activites ,etc ..this way I know what works for me or not.

Radio

lazz said:
hey bro,

yes, I make sure they're free-range , organic, pasteurized....I believe when you cook the egg it affects the protein content...so I eat them raw, with a bit of sea salt....drink up...cheers.. :mrgreen:
Raw egg yolks are extremely healthy, but the egg whites can cause digestive problems for some people... better eat the whites cooked (so they turn white). I also like them best that way - I find raw egg whites slimy and yucky :?

Rolan

lazz said:
if I might add and it is not placebo effect...in 3 weeks my hair has gotten extremely fuller...my girlfriend and some co workers have noticed....

Mine too. It's always been very thick and difficult to manage anyway, but in the last three weeks it has become seriously full and has a 'luscious' quality to it :lol:

I seemed to notice some hair fall at the start, but it's like an impenetrable wall of thickness now. Long may it continue.

OP
L

lazz

guys, I don't wanna start another thread but what brand of table sugar you recommend?? im leaning towards organic pure sugar ( cane) but any brands in particular?

OP
L

lazz

sayyy whaaaat?? lol..6 oj glasses to balance 6 eggs ?????? balance of what? maybe offseason , cant go over my 2200 cals daily when getting for a competition.

Jenn

OP
L

lazz

Jenn said:
"

Hey, it's your body and your blood sugar levels, do what you want.

ha!!easy there ,sunny..i wasn't arguing at all...just wondered why so much fruit-cabrs to balance each egg...I eat the eggs with 16 oz O.j plus I big tsbp of table sugar. ,thought that was enough .//good info btw

Jenn

Think about milk and almost perfect food. Think about the ratio of fat to protein to sugar, it's a good guideline for keeping things in perspective. Fat and sugar ratios may change, as one goes up, the other should come down, but the energy they provide need to accompany protein.

4peatssake

lazz said:
Jenn said:
"

ha!!easy there ,sunny..i wasn't arguing at all...just wondered why so much fruit-cabrs to balance each egg...I eat the eggs with 16 oz O.j plus I big tsbp of table sugar. ,thought that was enough .//good info btw
You need to really study Ray Peat to understand what is being said.
Jenn's got years of experience and has healed herself and her family.
Lots of really knowledgeable people here and a large portion of what you'll read here turns "conventional wisdom" about nutrition, medicine and science completely on its head.

Ray Peat said:
Since insulin lowers blood sugar as it disposes of amino acids, eating a large amount of protein without carbohydrate can cause a sharp decrease in blood sugar. This leads to the release of adrenalin and cortisol, which raise the blood sugar. Adrenalin causes fatty acids to be drawn into the blood from fat stores, especially if the liver's glycogen stores are depleted, and cortisol causes tissue protein to be broken down into amino acids, some of which are used in place of carbohydrate. Unsaturated fatty acids, adrenaline, and cortisol cause insulin resistance.
A high quality protein such as egg, can cause a stress reaction, and fail to be fully used as protein, if it is eaten without carbohydrates.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

lazz said:
Jenn said:
"

Basically it goes like this. Protein drives blood sugar down, carbs/sugar drive blood sugar up. If the blood sugar goes down too much it kicks in stress hormones to bring it back up, same thing if it goes to high it kicks in stress hormones to bring it back down. Keeping it balanced just makes things easier on the body. Eggs do a super pile driver to the blood sugar and crash it way down so that's why Ray Peat says he has to balance his 1 egg to 1 cup of OJ. But that's Ray Peat and in his context, your could be different. Myself I have found I can get away with a little less OJ per egg but I also do not eat the whites so I imagine that's a huge difference.

Ding dang ya'll.... he is the new guy so go easy on him. :mrgreen: :hattip

OP
L

lazz

lol., thanks Charlie ...let them know....dont jump on the rookie too hard..;)

Ive dropped my total protein intake severly since i discovered this diet..crazy but at one point , actually most of my life isnce i started competing it was aroud 400g of protein daily and very very low carbs...i know...dont kill me...haha.....lets say im eating around 180g daily ..how much sugar- carbs ( btw , im only using O.J and whatever carbs milk has which is around 12-13 g per 8 oz of it..) should i be having to daily to balance 180g of protein......I do not eating same food day in and out

OP
L

lazz

Last sentence of my last post shoul have read "I do not MIND eating the same foods day in and out"..Peat's diet is a walk in the park compare to the pre-contest diets ive done .

Rolan

Charlie said:
Eggs do a super pile driver to the blood sugar and crash it way down

Which asks the question, is there any point in eating them :?

Sometimes it seems like there's alot of things we have to do in order to negate certain effects - bicarb in OJ to stop heartburn, sugar with eggs to prevent stress, gelatin with meat to balance amino acids etc.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Rolan said:
Which asks the question, is there any point in eating them :?

They are a nutritional powerhouse.

Rolan said:
Sometimes it seems like there's alot of things we have to do in order to negate certain effects - bicarb in OJ to stop heartburn, sugar with eggs to prevent stress, gelatin with meat to balance amino acids etc.

We are a generation that is sick and getting worse. With a food supply that is becoming something other then food. So yeh, there is steps we have to take to try and mitigate the damage that is being done.

I do not need to add bicarb to OJ as it does not give me heartburn.

Balancing eggs with carbs is for optimal results. If you do not want to negate the effects then simply do not do it.

Gelatin with meat is an issue that has evolved due to the industrialization of eating cows. If it were back in the day and we were eating all parts of the cow like it were meant to be. We wouldn't have to add in the gelatin. Again this is something you do for optimal results.

OP
L

lazz

I just bought one of those digital thermometer, don't know if I did it correctly , placed under tongue , mouth closed of course ...temp was at 97.4..around 20 mins after a meal...how am I doing??.. :?: read 98.6 is normal ...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

It's harder to get an accurate temp with a digital. If you place it under the tongue for a while before turning it on that will help. Glass mercury type are the best option.

If your temp is truly 97.4 then that would indicate low metabolic rate. Pulse is also needed to get a better picture.