Why Cause Sugar Adrenalin?

Hgreen56

When i start peating i noticed when i feel good en energized, i also feel adrenaline surge.
This always happen when i eat carbs, fruit, sugar.. etc.
Well because sugar lowers cortisol I find this a little odd.
During my search here to find answers i noticed lot of people has this problem but i have a hard time to figure out why this happens.

Last edited:
M

metabolizm

Are you drinking coffee? Because that'll often cause an adrenaline response if you're susceptible to the stimulating effects of caffeine.

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

Are you drinking coffee?
That was my first thought too, so i stopped, adrenaline still here
I ditch t the potatoes for a while, than rice, than milk..
Its differently sugars that's starts it or makes it worse.

Last edited:
M

metabolizm

You might need starch! (If you’re not already eating it)

Hans

Forum Supporter
Some people require more salt. I've found that some people crave salt and some sweet, so I think that the cortisol type craves sweet, whereas the adrenaline type craves salt. Eating something sweet usually immediately increases the craving for salt in the adrenaline type, so if you don't consume salt (with something starchy), then you get cold, shaky, low blood sugar, etc.

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

Some people require more salt. I've found that some people crave salt and some sweet, so I think that the cortisol type craves sweet, whereas the adrenaline type craves salt. Eating something sweet usually immediately increases the craving for salt in the adrenaline type, so if you don't consume salt (with something starchy), then you get cold, shaky, low blood sugar, etc.
i experiment lot with salt. Salt was never really helping lower adrenalin. even doses 3-5 gr in one's.
Its feels like that sugar give the same adrenalin response like caffeine does.

paymanz

Avoid eating carb when your not craving sugar.

Excess insulin can increase stress hormones , probably. I read abou this from one of haidut's posts...... Sounds logical.

You increase stress hormones because excess insulin puts you in danger of hypoglycemia.

Hans

Forum Supporter
i experiment lot with salt. Salt was never really helping lower adrenalin. even doses 3-5 gr in one's.
Its feels like that sugar give the same adrenalin response like caffeine does.
Then try agmatine. It's an alpha 2 adrenergic agonist, thus will lower noradrenaline levels.

Are you sure it's adrenaline? What are your symptoms? Some things attributed to adrenaline could be due to other neurotransmitters, too. E.g. sweating, which is also linked to acetylcholine. It's possible that glucose could increase acetylcholine...
Hippocampal acetylcholine release during memory testing in rats: augmentation by glucose.
Glucose increases hippocampal extracellular acetylcholine levels upon activation of septal GABA receptors - ScienceDirect

If it's adrenaline, what paymanz said would be the only explanation I have. Adrenaline is released when your blood sugar is too low, so it can release glycogen from its stores (when you're out of glycogen or it can't be released, only then cortisol should kick in to raise blood sugar). So, the problem could be reactive hypoglycemia.

somuch4food

Avoid eating carb when your not craving sugar.

Excess insulin can increase stress hormones , probably. I read abou this from one of haidut's posts...... Sounds logical.

You increase stress hormones because excess insulin puts you in danger of hypoglycemia.

That's what Karen Hurd's stance is as to why avoid sugar. You need to get your blood sugar under control. I'm finding I do a lot better on that front with a starch, beans and meat diet. I don't think the high sugar Peat diet is for everyone. I tried it for a while with some results, but I was obsessed with food, now with starch, meat and beans, I eat and go about my day without my thoughts being consumed by food.

paymanz

That's what Karen Hurd's stance is as to why avoid sugar. You need to get your blood sugar under control. I'm finding I do a lot better on that front with a starch, beans and meat diet. I don't think the high sugar Peat diet is for everyone. I tried it for a while with some results, but I was obsessed with food, now with starch, meat and beans, I eat and go about my day without my thoughts being consumed by food.
I see, but what i meant was not avoiding sugar at all. I mean only eat carb(sugar) when you crave it.

somuch4food

I see, but what i meant was not avoiding sugar at all. I mean only eat carb(sugar) when you crave it.

I almost always crave it when it is a main component of my diet. I'm starting to realize that it is a stimulant to me like caffeine. What I mean by that is that it helps me cope with stress and a lack of sleep, but I just keep the same cycle going. Removing it allows me to feel I actually need to rest.

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

help me with this...

so on a high sugar diet, without starch = high energy without stimulation supps like caffeine.
But i also feel lot of adrenaline/jittery
I also crash fast and got hypo, bit still if i not have crash yet, then stil have andrenalin/jittery feelings.

on a high starch diet (rice or potato) i have more fatigue problems,
not only cause starch more tiredness, its also causing hypo fast (little longer than sugar but still..)
so i take a stimulation supp like caffeine and then it feels like i am on a sugar diet again AND go longer between meals.
But INCLUDING with the Adrenalin/jittery feelings again.

So for me high energy go's always hand in hand with adrenalin/jittery feelings.
So it feels/looks like that i only get energy from stress hormones thats caffeine or sugar activate?
but in the other hand... sugar reduce stress hormones... so confusing...
Also, on a high sugar diet cause pain in my liver area, so i GUESS its fattening my liver or something..

i also notice that i have more sugar cravings on a sugar diet than on a high starch diet. (with or without caffeine)
i also have experienced that caffeine lets sugar cravings disappear sometimes.

so.. lets put this together so that i understanding this right... (correct me if i wrong)
sugar cravings is a symptom of low thyroid right? and caffeine increase thyroid function right?
So i guess that means when caffeine decrease my sugar cravings it means that caffeine activate my thyroid?
or maybe stress hormones hides my sugar craving?
and why i can longer with meals with caffeine? because is metabolize sugar better to energy? or increasing stress hormones?

Other thought:
Caffeine that's cause jittery feelings is a sign of liver damage right?
But does sugar the same?

what i tried to stop adrenalin with no succes is:
- niacinamide 500mg - 1 gr with meals
- loads of salt (5 grams a dose)
- 10-15 mg biotin with meals
- vit b1 100 - 300mg (high doses makes me tired)
- take now for a month or longer 4 gr taurine before bed. (doesnt do a thing for the liver when i am on a high sugar diet)
- higher fat intake (always when i does this, hypo got faster and worse)

conclusion:
i think i am insulin resistant, glucose metabolism and/ore have bad liver?
i have no clue what to do anymore to fix it..

my cortisol and prolactin is on the high end btw:
Cortisol: 449 nmol/L
prolactine: 270 - 314

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
help me with this...

so on a high sugar diet, without starch = high energy without stimulation supps like caffeine.
But i also feel lot of adrenaline/jittery
I also crash fast and got hypo, bit still if i not have crash yet, then stil have andrenalin/jittery feelings.

on a high starch diet (rice or potato) i have more fatigue problems,
not only cause starch more tiredness, its also causing hypo fast (little longer than sugar but still..)
so i take a stimulation supp like caffeine and then it feels like i am on a sugar diet again AND go longer between meals.
But INCLUDING with the Adrenalin/jittery feelings again.

So for me high energy go's always hand in hand with adrenalin/jittery feelings.
So it feels/looks like that i only get energy from stress hormones thats caffeine or sugar activate?
but in the other hand... sugar reduce stress hormones... so confusing...
Also, on a high sugar diet cause pain in my liver area, so i GUESS its fattening my liver or something..

i also notice that i have more sugar cravings on a sugar diet than on a high starch diet. (with or without caffeine)
i also have experienced that caffeine lets sugar cravings disappear sometimes.

so.. lets put this together so that i understanding this right... (correct me if i wrong)
sugar cravings is a symptom of low thyroid right? and caffeine increase thyroid function right?
So i guess that means when caffeine decrease my sugar cravings it means that caffeine activate my thyroid?
or maybe stress hormones hides my sugar craving?
and why i can longer with meals with caffeine? because is metabolize sugar better to energy? or increasing stress hormones?

Other thought:
Caffeine that's cause jittery feelings is a sign of liver damage right?
But does sugar the same?

what i tried to stop adrenalin with no succes is:
- niacinamide 500mg - 1 gr with meals
- loads of salt (5 grams a dose)
- 10-15 mg biotin with meals
- vit b1 100 - 300mg (high doses makes me tired)
- take now for a month or longer 4 gr taurine before bed. (doesnt do a thing for the liver when i am on a high sugar diet)
- higher fat intake (always when i does this, hypo got faster and worse)

conclusion:
i think i am insulin resistant and have bad liver?
i have no clue what to do anymore..

my cortisol and prolactin is on the high end btw:
Cortisol: 449 nmol/L
prolactine: 270 - 314
How much meat are you having with the sugar? Do you feel the same with whole fresh/dried fruit as with refined sugar?

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

How much meat are you having with the sugar?
i use a 1:2 a 1:3 protein/sugar ratio

Do you feel the same with whole fresh/dried fruit as with refined sugar?
i am not sure, but a high sugar diet with only whole fruit is way to expensive.
and for you start advising milk, i tried that... cows, goats, uht, fresh... (not raw)
i am not sure what the problem is is but i don't got energy from it.. even not when taking lactose with it.

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

whats more strange is that i am still making progression in the gym.
every 4,5 days i make pr's.
i train for a decade now so this are not newby gains..
So if you look at this then it looks like i am not in a catabolic state...

also this makes no sense at all... haha

Last edited:

equipoise

I've thought no starch (fruit only) would be more expensive. And it was in the beginning. But if I put it on paper I realize that I save money on other things. So it kinda evens out. There's baking apples when they are in season, can buy them in bulk for real cheap - cooked apples are amazing.
Sweet, ripe oranges are always expensive tho. Need 2kg of them per day. What a shame.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals