What Happens When A Type Two Diabetic Follows Peat Ideas And Eats A Lot Of Sugar

Can't type two diabetes be fixed by eating sugar and being OK with blood sugar levels of 200 or 300 for a while. Doesn't do wonders for your A-1 C at least in the short term. Has anybody tried this?

A.R

I would think they would also need to supplement with niacinamide

Tarmander

This is a good question, and one I have been toying around with. Just how long is it okay to have those elevated sugar levels before they start to become an issue. I know there are some theories around that the elevated sugar does not do damage, but I still think it is tough on the kidneys, and maybe the eyes. Of course there is always the caveat that PUFA is responsible, not the high glucose. But I am not seeing really any instances of type 2 diabetes and elevated blood sugars without PUFA, so the question still remains.

OP
ecstatichamster
This is a good question, and one I have been toying around with. Just how long is it okay to have those elevated sugar levels before they start to become an issue. I know there are some theories around that the elevated sugar does not do damage, but I still think it is tough on the kidneys, and maybe the eyes. Of course there is always the caveat that PUFA is responsible, not the high glucose. But I am not seeing really any instances of type 2 diabetes and elevated blood sugars without PUFA, so the question still remains.

I wonder if type 2 diabetics would just recover and be fine:

1. 100mg or so of niacinamide or an aspirin or two each day, maybe 10mg of biotin also (and the rest of the Bs to balance things)
2. drink good orange juice, ripe fruit etc.
3. a bit of vitamin E
4. fat in the diet 10% of calories (high carb low fat)

The problem is, people freak out if their blood sugars are 200 or 300 after this type of diet in a day or two.

And yet, having this high level of blood sugar for a few months is probably not going to do lasting damage.

Tarmander

I wonder if type 2 diabetics would just recover and be fine:

1. 100mg or so of niacinamide or an aspirin or two each day, maybe 10mg of biotin also (and the rest of the Bs to balance things)
2. drink good orange juice, ripe fruit etc.
3. a bit of vitamin E
4. fat in the diet 10% of calories (high carb low fat)

The problem is, people freak out if their blood sugars are 200 or 300 after this type of diet in a day or two.

And yet, having this high level of blood sugar for a few months is probably not going to do lasting damage.

It sounds good on paper, and is a nice protocol. Being able to follow that protocol and get results will be the question, and that will depend largely on where the person is at in their diabetes treatment. Many of them have been on drug lowering drugs, and getting them off those and out of their system is going to take a bit. I think many of these people could go years without seeing the body revert to a more healthy blood sugar. Can the kidneys take high blood sugars for years?

T

tca300

@Westside PUFAs My grandmother in law is a skeleton and is a type II, as well as my much younger father, who is 125lbs at five foot 8. I think there is more at play than just adipose tissue.

paymanz

I remember ray mentioned somewhere that the lack or shortage of sugar inside the cell is the real/bigger problem rather than its increasment in the blood.

@Westside PUFAs My grandmother in law is a skeleton and is a type II, as well as my much younger father, who is 125lbs at five foot 8. I think there is more at play than just adipose tissue.

If she takes insulin then she's not type 2. If she really is a true type 2 then she's in the extremely rare 10%.

OP
ecstatichamster
Ray just had a newsletter I got that talks a lot about sugar. Here is one quote:

Starvation and diabetes, in which glucose oxidation is limited, and amino acids and fatty acids are used for fuel, are pseudohypoxic states, forming lactic acid from both glucose and glutamine.

Lactic acid itself creates "pseudohypoxia" and this lowers CO2 levels in the body. I've never seen a diabetic type 2 who didn't have desperately low CO2 levels.

nonsense. Nowadays tons of Type 2s take insulin.

Then they don't know what they are doing. Type 2's make more, not less insulin than a normal person on their own. They do not need to take it. Only type 1's need to take insulin because they can not make it.

Dante

Ray just had a newsletter I got that talks a lot about sugar. Here is one quote:

Lactic acid itself creates "pseudohypoxia" and this lowers CO2 levels in the body. I've never seen a diabetic type 2 who didn't have desperately low CO2 levels.
How do you check for Co2 levels? (i know stupid question)

Dante

Type two diabetics have to lose body fat.
How does one safely lose body fat ? Wouldn't that increase free fatty acids more in the serum and cause more problems ? Niacinamide and the latest anti-diabetes drug basically inhibit FAO ( that would mean keeping fats in tissues right) ?

OP
ecstatichamster
Then they don't know what they are doing. Type 2's make more, not less insulin than a normal person on their own. They do not need to take it. Only type 1's need to take insulin because they can not make it.

that is the theory. But insulin is supplemented for these diabetics because medication ceases to work (if it ever did) and their dysfunctional metabolism is so bad that the doctors prescribe insulin. Diabetics are monitored chiefly by A1C levels which rise with higher blood sugar, and insulin keeps A1C down, and is the only thing that does at this point.

OP
ecstatichamster
How do you check for Co2 levels? (i know stupid question)

it's a great question. Buteyko uses a "control pause." Which is very effective actually. Another way is to use a pulse oximeter that measures the oxygen levels of blood via color, and this correlates somewhat I suppose. I use control pause.

paymanz

Inflammation ,caused by free fatty acids is the main factor in insulin resistance.

Thyroid (TSH levels positively linked to inflammation markers),keeping FFA as low, and using other antiinflammatory tools are important.

I think eating very low fat, high carb , and in smaller more frequent meals is the key.

If you eat sugar while your glycogen stores are full, what gonna happen?!carbs have to go with lipogenic path to form fatty acids and triglycerides.overeating sugar is not a good thing probably?

In the same time lipogenesis is good because it lowers FFAs.MCTs are shown to increase lipogenesis in some studies,while corn oil lowers it.yet coconut oil helps you lose weight!

Last edited:

paymanz

Thype 2 diebetics taking insulin is probably because higher levels of insulin compensates for insulin resistance.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals