What Does Hair Mean To Men?

Herbie

Ive been thinking about hair and what it means to men.

Ive read that the hair on our heads and beards is an antenna and increases our senses that in the east its said to represent maturity and wisdom.

My experience with this is working as a mechanic If I had shaved my head to a no1 I would hit my head often and cause a lot pain while underneath cars. When my hair was longer I would not hit my head because my hair would hit something hard then I would notice and have enough time to slow/stop my movement preventing me from hitting my head hard. I had observed this over a few years, shaving my head and growing it out again. I shaved my head once and two other mechanics with shaved heads warned me that they had experienced this too. Hair on the head definitely protects the skull and would increase longevity.

Having longer hair, I feel it keeps me warmer. does this benefit the brain by it being warmer?

Could a huge beard have an effect on the thyroid by keeping the throat warmer and or would the throat being blocked by light have an effect on the thyroid?

Last edited:

Thoushant

Growing up my hairline defined my face and I could "hide" beneath it, my eyes were hidden from the outside world. I never really styled it, but it was a huge factor in how I thought others would percieve me(So that's part of not styling it, it would change other's behaviour).

Started losing hair and I feel naked, as if I'm readthrough..

XPlus

Men often associate hair with masculinity and sexual appeal.
I tend to keep my hair longer ever since I started peating.

Every time i shave my beard, chest or belly i feel like a wimp. Too bad my gf doesn't want me to have any hair in my chest and belly. :expressionless:

Peata

Another thing, I think men associate a full head of hair with youth, and when they start losing hair, feel like they are "getting old" or aging before their time. And probably wonder what will be the next thing "to go" in their bodies. ?

Tarmander

In our modern society, it's a vanity. On the frontier, it's a calling card for manliness.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals