What's the healthiest method to dry hair after washing it in the shower?

tastyfood

Another thread inspired by @JamesGatz and his posts about hair which I really enjoyed, and helped me introduce some changes to my hair routine recently. Also tagging @Josiah Baldwin , whose recent comments on wool were helpful as well.

I don't wash my hair that often, but every couple of days I feel the need to run some mild coconut based (DuaDua brand) soap on my hair to make it look cleaner and better. This way of washing it works well for me. What to do when the hair is wet?

Hair dyers make your hair glow and shine, will give you instantaneous volume, with the caveat that they produce a result that makes you have to do it again in two days. Hair dryers also put out a lot of EMF because of Lenz's Law.

I tried to let my hair air dry but it's also not ideal. Your head gets cold quickly, lowering body temps, among other things. The next best thing was to let my hair air dry, but in the sun or under an incandescent bulb. This works, but it doesn't make hair look too good initially.

I also try to dry my hair with a towel after the shower to remove as much moisture as possible. Would a wool towel be good for this? Is wool good at removing moisture, and good for hair?

Thanks for everyone's thoughts in advance!

B

BRBsavinWorld

Another thread inspired by @JamesGatz and his posts about hair which I really enjoyed, and helped me introduce some changes to my hair routine recently. Also tagging @Josiah Baldwin , whose recent comments on wool were helpful as well.

I don't wash my hair that often, but every couple of days I feel the need to run some mild coconut based (DuaDua brand) soap on my hair to make it look cleaner and better. This way of washing it works well for me. What to do when the hair is wet?

Hair dyers make your hair glow and shine, will give you instantaneous volume, with the caveat that they produce a result that makes you have to do it again in two days. Hair dryers also put out a lot of EMF because of Lenz's Law.

I tried to let my hair air dry but it's also not ideal. Your head gets cold quickly, lowering body temps, among other things. The next best thing was to let my hair air dry, but in the sun or under an incandescent bulb. This works, but it doesn't make hair look too good initially.

I also try to dry my hair with a towel after the shower to remove as much moisture as possible. Would a wool towel be good for this? Is wool good at removing moisture, and good for hair?

Thanks for everyone's thoughts in advance!
Hey man, yeah wool wicks water really well, while I’ve not yet gotten a towel for such, I always dried my Hair I used to have, by hand, and it works well. My brother still has a full head of hair and does the same, and all the girls love it, lol. I found out over washing it actually makes it worse, so you’re probably on the right track just following feel and smell.

Sphagnum

First, I use my hands/fingers to get out as much as I can.
Then I air dry, with a towel around my shoulders to catch excess drops.

If I need to keep warm, I’ll just put a jacket on in the house and whatever other extra clothing I need to until it’s done drying.
It certainly can take a little while to air dry if I’m indoors and it’s not hot out, but I usually plan my hair washing around times when I know I don’t have to worry about that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals