What Are Your Go-To Methods To Lower Adrenaline ?

milkboi

Raising dopamine brings much benefit to my life, but the adrenaline side effects (especially trouble falling asleep, pounding heart etc.) are annoying to say the least.

So, what are your favorite, most effective ways to reduce Adrenaline?

OP
milkboi

milkboi

Salt and inosine (the latter I have yet to try) come to mind. Salt doesn’t seem that effective for that purpose in my experience tho.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Raising dopamine brings much benefit to my life, but the adrenaline side effects (especially trouble falling asleep, pounding heart etc.) are annoying to say the least.

So, what are your favorite, most effective ways to reduce Adrenaline?
What are you using to increase dopamine?
If it's just a normal reaction and not from supps or drugs, then a salty mixed meal would work, but a cup or three of something sweet (juice, milk with sugar/honey, etc) will do the trick right away.

OP
milkboi

milkboi

How are you achieving that? How do you perceive / feel a high dopamine state?

Motivated, confident, the opposite of depressed and of a learned helplessness state, feeling masculine etc. Basically all the good stuff :cat:

OP
milkboi

milkboi

What are you using to increase dopamine?
If it's just a normal reaction and not from supps or drugs, then a salty mixed meal would work, but a cup or three of something sweet (juice, milk with sugar/honey, etc) will do the trick right away.

It’s partly from sups (see below). Food alone does not seem enough. Although mashed potatoes seriously improved my sleep.

redsun

I use the tyrosine/BCAA combo, lotsa coffee (~1g caffeine), bright light right now.

Oh... well duh its the caffeine, one of its well known effects is it raises adrenaline. Niacinamide can reduce adrenaline. You want dopamine and noradrenaline, you dont want too much of actual adrenaline. Theres only so much you can do with that much caffeine though little things like the B3 may help, they may not.

OP
milkboi

milkboi

Oh... well duh its the caffeine, one of its well known effects is it raises adrenaline. Niacinamide can reduce adrenaline. You want dopamine and noradrenaline, you dont want too much of actual adrenaline. Theres only so much you can do with that much caffeine though little things like the B3 may help, they may not.

Okay thanks. Would GABA help too?

redsun

Okay thanks. Would GABA help too?

Any kind of downer supplement may help, so GABA may do something. Magnesium as well but can't say for sure because we are talking about pretty high dose caffeine. I just know that niacinamide will reduce methylation of noradrenaline to adrenaline which uses SAMe and will raise histamine as well through the same mechanism which can antagonize adrenaline more.

Last edited:
OP
milkboi

milkboi

Any kind of downer supplement may help, so GABA may do something. Magnesium as well. I just know that niacinamide will reduce methylation of noradrenaline to adrenaline which uses SAMe and will raise histamine as well through the same mechanism which can antagonizes adrenaline more.

Ohh, reducing methylation will help you say. Right, I remember. So I should scale back my use of Betaine HCL also. Thanks!

Max23

If my adrenaline is elevated in the middle of the evening I use xanax. It works 100% of the time and I fall back to sleep. For that I have used also passion flower pills and a GABA supplement, but they don´t work 100% of the time. Betaine HCL has sometimes improved my sleep. The methylation aspect depends on the person I think. If it works then you could use it. For me sometimes magnesium, vitamin C, zinc and thyroid have reduced adrenaline. Dietary stuff also lowers adrenaline, like high calorie diet, dairy, sweet thing, and salt rich food.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Would a GABA supplement help? @Hans and whoever wants to chime in.
Yeah it's the caffeine haha. Ornithine, niacinamide, theanine, magnesium will help. Taurine and glycine might also help but may be less potent.

schultz

It's not clear to me that caffeine increases adrenaline in any meaningful way in a habitual coffee drinker. I think it increases noradrenaline more, if anything.

This small study for example (here) found a small increase in adrenaline and bigger increase in noradrenaline, however participants were required to not consume any coffee 2 days before the study. On top of that only 10 of the 12 subjects were considered caffeine users, which apparently means (to the authors) that they consume more than 2 coffees per week. So 2 of the subjects didn't even drink coffee, or caffeine containing soft-drinks, and who knows how much coffee the other 10 people consumed regularly. The study would be more meaningful if they chose people who consumed 3 cups of coffee or more per day and didn't require them to abstain from coffee before the study. This would give us real world results.

They need me in that that study, someone who drinks 6 strong lattes per day. My adrenaline would probably go down during the tests... :cool :coffee.... :eek:

Hans

Forum Supporter
They need me in that that study, someone who drinks 6 strong lattes per day. My adrenaline would probably go down during the tests... :cool :coffee.... :eek:
Yeah, me and my wife actually feel super relaxed after drinking a double espresso. Good stuff.

OP
milkboi

milkboi

They need me in that that study, someone who drinks 6 strong lattes per day. My adrenaline would probably go down during the tests... :cool :coffee

How much gs caffeine do you approximately consume with those 6 lattes?

schultz

Yeah, me and my wife actually feel super relaxed after drinking a double espresso. Good stuff.

I've noticed the same thing. I have also noticed that if I drink too much regular coffee, even with milk, I get a headache. It usually happens at my parents house, and if I am there I probably have not had anything to eat for a while because they never seem to have food at their house. So several coffees on an (relatively) empty stomach gives me a headache.

How much gs caffeine do you approximately consume with those 6 lattes?

Between 900-1,000 mg. I use a heaping TBSP of instant coffee per latte and that weighs about 5g. 5g of instant (according to cronometer) has 157mg of caffeine.

Mauritio

I think clonidine would be great. But it's hard to get in Germany...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals