How to maximize your temperature without thyroid supplementation

Hans

Cold hands and feet and low body temps are not too rare these days. Actually, a few people don't even realize they have reduced temps, just because it doesn't bother them. Regardless, cold hands and feet can be very annoying, to say the least, and can also be a major problem when you're trying to fall asleep.

Here I made a list of a few ways (15 to be precise) of what can increase temps, all of which worked well for me when I was hypothyroid.

If you have additional tricks to increase temps, please share.

Mauritio

Salt ,because it increases uncoupling and lowers adrenaline (which causes cold extremities)

Mauritio

How do you dose it?
I'm trying to take many small doses throughout the day . That's just what's most practical for me .
I'm not counting how much ,because I've only had positives from increasing salt.

Recently I travelled and ran out of salt , after a few days ,I started sleeping very bad ,wit a strongly beating heart while lying down. After some big doses of salt it's back to normal .

TheReds

My very cold girlfriend sleeps deep and immediately. Im very warm most of the time, realy annoying, gets insomnia and wakes up 1-3 times per night.

The insomnia is somewhat cronic since 20 years so it could be the problem. Been taking mirtazapin for 10 years and quit it 5 months ago.

metabolizm

Cold hands and feet and low body temps are not too rare these days. Actually, a few people don't even realize they have reduced temps, just because it doesn't bother them. Regardless, cold hands and feet can be very annoying, to say the least, and can also be a major problem when you're trying to fall asleep.

Here I made a list of a few ways (15 to be precise) of what can increase temps, all of which worked well for me when I was hypothyroid.

If you have additional tricks to increase temps, please share.

I really liked this article, Hans, and it's given me some good ideas. Thanks.

PaRa

My very cold girlfriend sleeps deep and immediately. Im very warm most of the time, realy annoying, gets insomnia and wakes up 1-3 times per night.

The insomnia is somewhat cronic since 20 years so it could be the problem. Been taking mirtazapin for 10 years and quit it 5 months ago.
You’re high histamine ?
after crashing my histamine I was sleeping like a rock 12-13h long
now that histamine and thyroid are back I’m never cold and sweaty at night

as for the original post great hans
Raising iron and (some to not overdo liquids) warm sugared and salted cacao milk are what were the most effective for me

Source Code

In traditional chinese medicine theres good heat and bad heat I think it correlates to good body heat from thyroid versus adrenaline? I got some acupuncture the other day to get cooled down for "Damp heat" and i've been sleeping like a baby now... :) idk what that witch doctor did to me lol but its some pretty powerful ***t

Hans

I used to be too hot all the time too when trying to fall asleep. I needed a fan during winter to cool down enough. Aspirin with sugared milk or juice was helpful in that regard for me.

Hans

as for the original post great hans
Raising iron and (some to not overdo liquids) warm sugared and salted cacao milk are what were the most effective for me
Thanks for sharing. Too much liquid, especially cold liquid, is definitely a problem for most. Cold milk in the middle of winter is probably the worse haha.

Inaut

Another great article @Hans. Regarding CO2 bath, I just ordered a tyvek suit which I will test out tonight. You may be able to give your wife some time back if the suit works well ;)

GreekDemiGod

Before I got into peating, I remember an advice from a Peter Attia podcast as a tip for having a quality sleep

take a shower before bed, and go from warm(2m) to cold (1m) and then go to bed. The reasoning being that a (negative) variation in temperature before bed is beneficial
cool the room and make sure sleeping body temperature is reduced.

Hans

Another great article @Hans. Regarding CO2 bath, I just ordered a tyvek suit which I will test out tonight. You may be able to give your wife some time back if the suit works well ;)
Pretty sweet man. Does yours include "shoes" and gloves or how will you go about it? It would be cool to get a 1 way valve and then pump yourself up and stay in the suit for hours. Let me know how it goes!

Inaut

Pretty sweet man. Does yours include "shoes" and gloves or how will you go about it? It would be cool to get a 1 way valve and then pump yourself up and stay in the suit for hours. Let me know how it goes!
If the suit works well, I'll eventually look for a one piece that covers feet and hands. Im thinking Ill just fill the air through the sleeve or up the leg via a tube. Should work well enough. Next suit to try would be a medical/hazmat suit. Updates tonight or tomorrow morning. Stand by.