Water-retention Due To Adrenaline, Not Oestrogen?

OP
U
I have also tried thyroid, preg and all that. No difference

I hear ya! IMO ramping up metabolism too quickly leads to a paradoxical oestrogen dominance. I think improving the androgen/oestrogen balance is key especially for a male. The irony is that muscleheads find reducing water retention fairly trivial, they do a cycle of a DHT-derived steroid.

aquaman

I try to keep mag, potassium, sodium salt high and keep my liquid intake to 1 quart per day (milk, juice, coffee), with small amounts of mag bicarb water. My supplemental potassium is just KCl salt.

Experiment for you to try is keep all your salts intake high and greatly reduce your liquids.

This is interesting! I agree that many people on the forum go too heavy on liquids, which don't help you recover from a slow metabolism. So they stay cold and increase water retention with inadequate salt consumption.

Also I find any form of coffee (espresso, drip) increases water retention. Which matches with Peat's quote about adrenaline because it makes my hands and feet cold, and harder to sleep due to buzzing at night time. It's as if the coffee has the biggest impact later on in the evening, even if I have one espresso at 10am with food and sugar.

lexis

Have you heard of visceral manipulation? Tension in the muscles can cause altered neurotransmitter levels

ddjd

hat’s interesting in my case is that using aromatase inhibitors doesn’t fix the water retention problem, it barely makes a dent; it does improve EQ and morning wood though. So, I think Ray’s suggestion of it being an adrenaline increase is very interesting.
its cortisol that gives the belly. "cortisol belly" is the common phrase

i do wonder if t3 can raise cortisol because i have the same problem

success23

I drop huge amount of water weight when i stop drinking coffee.

Coffee increases:
1. Adrenaline and cortisol ( depends on your biochemestry,overall health and lifestyle) and that increases lipolysis.
2. cAMP which results and elevated lipolysis.
3. Blocks adenosine that also results in elevated lipolysis.

When lipolysis is high you get too much glycerol in your fat cells and that attracts water and make you gain water weight. A lot of endurance athletes take glycerol to achive "hyperhydration".

I only get this effect when i stop drinking coffee.

Peater

If it's caused by adrenaline, what are people's thoughts on lidocaine as a prospective treatment?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals