How to maximize your temperature without thyroid supplementation

Sefton10

Nice man, thanks for the info! It’s pretty nice that you can get it unfortified. I find myself in a similar boat, wanting more milk but not wanting more fat. I think I’ll try 1/2 raw goat milk and 1/2 fortified skim, and see how the fortified treats my stomach.

Edit: Stomach already a bit gassier with last night’s drinking of fortified milk. On another read through the “fortified milk” threads discussing the silica and other junk, I don’t think I’ll do fortified. More raw goat milk for me :rockout
You could always just skim some of the fat, although I think that's easier said than done with goat's milk as it's naturally quite homogenised isn't it. I don't think there's anything wrong with the fat per se if you are minimising it elsewhere so I wouldn't stress it. I just like to make sure I've got room for stuff like chocolate, cheese and eggs and too much fat generally feels less appetising in summer.

3SoRaptor

Not sure if it's been mentioned but red light as in a red light projector not a heat lamp. 15 minutes on your back.

3SoRaptor

why on the back and not the front?
Because, and this is totally subjective, it can mess with your organ function, usually increasing them. So if you shine it on your stomach you'll get acid reflux, on your thyroid you'll feel hyperthyroid etc... I shine it on my lower back bellow the kidneys. I found this out accidentally I was using the device for back pain, which it worked for wonderfully. I also experienced the added benefit of a warmer body.

L

LauriePartridge

Cold hands and feet and low body temps are not too rare these days. Actually, a few people don't even realize they have reduced temps, just because it doesn't bother them. Regardless, cold hands and feet can be very annoying, to say the least, and can also be a major problem when you're trying to fall asleep.

Here I made a list of a few ways (15 to be precise) of what can increase temps, all of which worked well for me when I was hypothyroid.

If you have additional tricks to increase temps, please share.
Hans, I'm a big fan of your articles. They help me soooo much. Your research on DHT was a game changer for me because I think women have a significant need for DHT that is overlooked and under researched. But doing things to increase my DHT (or at least protecting it) has made a remarkable difference in my health so thanks for your generous spirit and sharing your insight.

In response to your current article, it's great to hear suggestions for increasing temps without supplemental thyroid. I would add that vitamin A increases my temps significantly.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans, I'm a big fan of your articles. They help me soooo much. Your research on DHT was a game changer for me because I think women have a significant need for DHT that is overlooked and under researched. But doing things to increase my DHT (or at least protecting it) has made a remarkable difference in my health so thanks for your generous spirit and sharing your insight.

In response to your current article, it's great to hear suggestions for increasing temps without supplemental thyroid. I would add that vitamin A increases my temps significantly.
That's great to hear, I'm glad they are helpful.
Did you supplement vit A or is this from food such as liver?

L

LauriePartridge

Either seems to work (I sometimes use Retinil) but I seem to feel the best on chicken liver. Beef liver will warm me up if it isn't too much. And also pastured eggs have a lot of Vit A which also warms me up. But free range eggs don't.

firebreather

In my experience an underlying problem will minimize the effectiveness of all of these interventions. Correcting that underlying problem will allow these things to work to their full effectiveness.

I've heard that but have no idea what it could be as far as health. Maybe it's my job though. I'm a firefighter so my sleep is often disrupted with middle of the night calls

Eberhardt

Do hypothyroid people generally handle high liquid intake poorly?
What about liquid food being more easily digestible? How to reconcile thyroid with digestion.
I think they do. Its also what Peat thinks. And also pure water is more stressfull than juices due to the lack of glucose and minerals. I do now take pure water but for many yrars it was hard for me. Liquid food is (mainly) more digestible due to breakdown of cellstructures before ingestion. Cooking thoroughly will have about the same effect. Both mastication, ripeness(fruit), avoidance of gut irritants and lowering serrotonin by getting rid of endotoxin is helpful to both. So a mixture og healing and avoidance.

CLASH

I've heard that but have no idea what it could be as far as health. Maybe it's my job though. I'm a firefighter so my sleep is often disrupted with middle of the night calls
Do you have any specific symptoms to note? Those can point you in the direction of derangement.

M

metabolizm

I had a double espresso today, with a bit of milk and sugar, for the first time in years, and it was quite something. Within ten minutes I was borderline euphoric. I actually had a slight stress response because it was so powerful, and I wasn't used to such a strong hit of caffeine. Within twenty minutes I'd completely emptied my bowels. It was like taking an enema. Because of the stressful edge to the experience, it didn't prove to be thermogenic this time - but I'm sure it ultimately could be. No more weak, watery coffee for me.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I had a double espresso today, with a bit of milk and sugar, for the first time in years, and it was quite something. Within ten minutes I was borderline euphoric. I actually had a slight stress response because it was so powerful, and I wasn't used to such a strong hit of caffeine. Within twenty minutes I'd completely emptied my bowels. It was like taking an enema. Because of the stressful edge to the experience, it didn't prove to be thermogenic this time - but I'm sure it ultimately could be. No more weak, watery coffee for me.
Did you take it first thing in the morning? Or did you have it after you ate some food or at least carbs?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I had it after a massive meal.
Interesting. Perhaps try a single espresso and work up to a double. Someone else has had success having his coffee about 2-3 hours after breakfast.

firebreather

Do you have any specific symptoms to note? Those can point you in the direction of derangement.

No, apart from typical hypothyroid symptoms (cold hands and feet, often cold in general, poor sleep, sometimes frequent urination, fatigue)

Jsaute21

Cold hands and feet and low body temps are not too rare these days. Actually, a few people don't even realize they have reduced temps, just because it doesn't bother them. Regardless, cold hands and feet can be very annoying, to say the least, and can also be a major problem when you're trying to fall asleep.

Here I made a list of a few ways (15 to be precise) of what can increase temps, all of which worked well for me when I was hypothyroid.

Great list. Your site is quality. Reminds me of a more metabolism/peat version of anabolic men.

speaking of temps - I’m still in the midst of trying to raise mine (typically wake at 97.3-.5, get up to 98.4 or so by afternoon). Right now I am a bit sick with I think a viral head cold (tested negative for covid) and my temps are slightly going down as the day progresses. Is this a typical mechanism when under the weather?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great list. Your site is quality. Reminds me of a more metabolism/peat version of anabolic men.

speaking of temps - I’m still in the midst of trying to raise mine (typically wake at 97.3-.5, get up to 98.4 or so by afternoon). Right now I am a bit sick with I think a viral head cold (tested negative for covid) and my temps are slightly going down as the day progresses. Is this a typical mechanism when under the weather?
Thanks man!
Yes, viral infections can drops temps and/or cause fever. If you have flood lights, it's a good way of heating yourself up. Maybe also try a warm water bottle.

BTCMom

I see you are recommending black seed oil. I've been wondering about that, because it is a PUFA I'm afraid to try it for anything. I have been putting it on one foot to try to get rid of a bad athlete's foot problem that nothing seems to solve, and even then I'm concerned about absorbing any into my system. I've searched the forum, but don't see any clear answers about why this particular oil would be okay; however, I'm not up to speed on what thymoquionone is and why it would be of benefit.

I'm never cold. I run super hot, (almost never wear a coat or long sleeves in in middle of winter) but my basal temp is decidedly low all the time. I've been searching the forum looking for what could cause this, and perhaps remedies. New to Peating. Feeling way better with the changes I've made, but still hot with low temp.

Hans, I really enjoy your videos and posts. Thank you.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I see you are recommending black seed oil. I've been wondering about that, because it is a PUFA I'm afraid to try it for anything. I have been putting it on one foot to try to get rid of a bad athlete's foot problem that nothing seems to solve, and even then I'm concerned about absorbing any into my system. I've searched the forum, but don't see any clear answers about why this particular oil would be okay; however, I'm not up to speed on what thymoquionone is and why it would be of benefit.

I'm never cold. I run super hot, (almost never wear a coat or long sleeves in in middle of winter) but my basal temp is decidedly low all the time. I've been searching the forum looking for what could cause this, and perhaps remedies. New to Peating. Feeling way better with the changes I've made, but still hot with low temp.

Hans, I really enjoy your videos and posts. Thank you.
The seeds contain less PUFA than the oil, but you can always buy an extract, which will have the least PUFA. I wrote a whole article on black cumin a while ago.
Do you have allergies and food sensitivities? Perhaps you can check estrogen and histamine. Estrogen, histamine and noradrenaline can make you hot.

Jon2547

Excellent piece. I'm tempted to get some black seed now!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals