How to maximize your temperature without thyroid supplementation

Inaut

Sad to report the tyvek suit was a failure and a waste of 20 bucks... it’s breathable which defeats the purpose. If anyone finds a cheap suit (no pun intended), I’m all ears... until then, back to the largest bin liners I could find....

Eberhardt

I think getting enough caloreis. balancing liquid to food intake to not take to much liquids. getting enough carbs/sugar and salt. And grounding . About the salt. Peat says to use it to taste and has referred to that for most people up to 20g a day is fine even if you can do less. It also replaces other electrolytes if you are missing in some of them acccording to him. I've seen other studies saying that even up to 50g a day dont seem to make a lot of problems if you are not hypertensive o.s . I usually dont want any more at arount 15 - 20 grams. but it varies. It reaaly helps. You can just take small inches of it an eat it during the day if u use sea-salt f.ex. but any salt as long as it is regular salt (and preferably without anti-caking agents) would do it (and also of course beaware to not get too much iodine if it is "enriched")

Beastmode

Cold hands and feet and low body temps are not too rare these days. Actually, a few people don't even realize they have reduced temps, just because it doesn't bother them. Regardless, cold hands and feet can be very annoying, to say the least, and can also be a major problem when you're trying to fall asleep.

Here I made a list of a few ways (15 to be precise) of what can increase temps, all of which worked well for me when I was hypothyroid.

If you have additional tricks to increase temps, please share.
All great stuff. I do all of them minus the black cumin and my "breakfast" is 3 servings of warm (2 cups of milk, 2 oz of dark coffee, 1 tbs of sugar) over a 2-2:30 hour period. I haven't experimented with this after a hearty breakfast as I'm wondering now if that's worth trying.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Sad to report the tyvek suit was a failure and a waste of 20 bucks... it’s breathable which defeats the purpose. If anyone finds a cheap suit (no pun intended), I’m all ears... until then, back to the largest bin liners I could find....
Bummer. Breathable as in the material itself, or was it leaking out at the feet, neck and arms?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I think getting enough caloreis. balancing liquid to food intake to not take to much liquids. getting enough carbs/sugar and salt. And grounding . About the salt. Peat says to use it to taste and has referred to that for most people up to 20g a day is fine even if you can do less. It also replaces other electrolytes if you are missing in some of them acccording to him. I've seen other studies saying that even up to 50g a day dont seem to make a lot of problems if you are not hypertensive o.s . I usually dont want any more at arount 15 - 20 grams. but it varies. It reaaly helps. You can just take small inches of it an eat it during the day if u use sea-salt f.ex. but any salt as long as it is regular salt (and preferably without anti-caking agents) would do it (and also of course beaware to not get too much iodine if it is "enriched")
I agree with eating salt to taste. Interestingly, I've heard of people that experience improvement when upping the salt past what they usually eat for taste.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
All great stuff. I do all of them minus the black cumin and my "breakfast" is 3 servings of warm (2 cups of milk, 2 oz of dark coffee, 1 tbs of sugar) over a 2-2:30 hour period. I haven't experimented with this after a hearty breakfast as I'm wondering now if that's worth trying.
Nice. I don't have a hearty breakfast anymore even during winter as I'm not hypo anymore. But back in the day, it was definitely best to consume red meat, starch and salt. I haven't tried the warm liquid though.
Lately, instead of coffee, I've been having 1 big cup of bone broth in the morning, which is very enjoyable. I think that can also work well for hypo people that can't tolerate stimulants very well.

Sefton10

Lately, instead of coffee, I've been having 1 big cup of bone broth in the morning, which is very enjoyable. I think that can also work well for hypo people that can't tolerate stimulants very well.
Agree. Bone broth with a tbsp of nutritional yeast works much better than coffee for me.

Eberhardt

I agree with eating salt to taste. Interestingly, I've heard of people that experience improvement when upping the salt past what they usually eat for taste.
I had to do that in the eariler fazes. It took awhile for my body to not reject anythig but very small amounts. Then the body adjustet and now its giving much more reasonable feedback converning "to taste" . Assuming the theory is correct and I didnt just override a healthy biological response lol

Jonnie

H
If the suit works well, I'll eventually look for a one piece that covers feet and hands. Im thinking Ill just fill the air through the sleeve or up the leg via a tube. Should work well enough. Next suit to try would be a medical/hazmat suit. Updates tonight or tomorrow morning. Stand by.
Haha! You guys are pushing this to the limits I love it. Following.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I had to do that in the eariler fazes. It took awhile for my body to not reject anythig but very small amounts. Then the body adjustet and now its giving much more reasonable feedback converning "to taste" . Assuming the theory is correct and I didnt just override a healthy biological response lol
Good stuff. Some people seem like they can benefit from salt but have no taste for it. I wonder if they push themselves a bit if they would not start to get benefit from it. Bc obviously they never complain about high sodium junk food.

Beastmode

Nice. I don't have a hearty breakfast anymore even during winter as I'm not hypo anymore. But back in the day, it was definitely best to consume red meat, starch and salt. I haven't tried the warm liquid though.
That's a great point as before I started being really committed with my macros/micros, thyroid, etc there was no way I could not eat first thing in the morning. It's only been the past few years that I've been able to start my day off like this and even go to the gym afterward feeling strong and supported.

I don't crave coffee at all, but I do have it for the health benefits.

At some point, it might be useful for people to have a list of potential side effects of an improved thyroid that they might not consider and give up on their health journey. So many little, sometimes subtle signs, that might encourage people to stick with the process.

Eberhardt

Good stuff. Some people seem like they can benefit from salt but have no taste for it. I wonder if they push themselves a bit if they would not start to get benefit from it. Bc obviously they never complain about high sodium junk food.
Intruiging.. I tend to think yes personally (as reflected in how Ive treated my own aversion). That said I personally had aversion to strongly salted junkfood or similar as well

wayney

You’re high histamine ?
after crashing my histamine I was sleeping like a rock 12-13h long
now that histamine and thyroid are back I’m never cold and sweaty at night

as for the original post great hans
Raising iron and (some to not overdo liquids) warm sugared and salted cacao milk are what were the most effective for me
How did you fix your issues with histamine and thyroid?

Thanks!

wayney

Thanks for sharing. Too much liquid, especially cold liquid, is definitely a problem for most. Cold milk in the middle of winter is probably the worse haha.
I drink a lot of liquids - around 2 liter orange and apple juice and 1 liter smoothie a day.
Do not feel good on too much starch so need the liquids to get enough carb and calories.

How would you solve that? Use concentrate and sugar in the juice?

equipoise

Liquid is not a problem during the summer, just cut back a bit when winter hits. Anyways low liquid tolerance is supposed to be a clear indicator of hypothyroid state.
The healthier I got the more I could tolerate liquid, I could get away on strict liquid diet without dropping any temp, quite the contrary. Pretty fascinating

TripleOG

All good stuff.

Personally I found the most reliable temp boosts from full spectrum red light and the coffee+aspirin+B3 combo. Sometimes I'll get hot after breathing hydrogen but not always.

Ultimately nothing turned up the thermostat more than thyroid. I know some people have trouble tackling dosages, brands, ratios, etc, but the outcome is worth the effort.

@Hans could you go into detail about your DIY CO2 dry bath set up? Well, atleast how to make the bag. The only commercially available option hits for $2000 lol.

Also, what stands out to you the most after bathing?

Keep up the good work.

PaRa

How did you fix your issues with histamine and thyroid?

Thanks!
high Iron and zinc
avoiding copper like pest, lowering calcium and vit C intake

Basically going full on beef steak, potatoes and fruits and fruits as carbs

some vit D helped too as low vit D lowers iron absorption

wayney

high Iron and zinc
avoiding copper like pest, lowering calcium and vit C intake

Basically going full on beef steak, potatoes and fruits and fruits as carbs

some vit D helped too as low vit D lowers iron absorption
Okay, thanks!