We All Scream For No Cream Ice Cream - In Minutes! (with photos)

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Attachments

• 20211102_094140.jpg
    20211102_094140.jpg
    565.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20211102_094202.jpg
    20211102_094202.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 32
  • 20211102_094222.jpg
    20211102_094222.jpg
    565.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 20211102_094237.jpg
    20211102_094237.jpg
    658.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20211102_094301.jpg
    20211102_094301.jpg
    538.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20211102_094319.jpg
    20211102_094319.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20211102_094334.jpg
    20211102_094334.jpg
    665 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Ynot

That site does really good detective work on foods that claim they are all natural. Check out these ice cream frauds and the very few closest to natural ones....

Wow. "Chocolatey" chips! That's a new one. I don't think we get them in Australia yet! But also it could be the type of things I buy these days so I wouldn't see them. If I buy Ice Cream it tends to be the Chocolate or Vanilla Haagan Dazs (sp!) Ice Cream. Phew just checked the chocolate one - not too bad the one we get in Australia - https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/505061/haagen-dazs-belgian-chocolate-ice-cream. And it's 1/2 price this week!

Dr. B

That site does really good detective work on foods that claim they are all natural. Check out these ice cream frauds and the very few closest to natural ones....

did you notice whole foods seems to never carry haagen dazs products? they have some issue some deal didnt work out? they have talenti, ben and jerrys and others but never haagen dazs.
also whole foods bans things like food colors but they dont ban carrageenan.
they also dont seem to ban polysorbate 80 or propylene glycol as they sell many milks with that stuff

what do they mean by the chocolate chips not being real, what are they made of

OP
Rinse & rePeat
did you notice whole foods seems to never carry haagen dazs products? they have some issue some deal didnt work out? they have talenti, ben and jerrys and others but never haagen dazs.
also whole foods bans things like food colors but they dont ban carrageenan.
they also dont seem to ban polysorbate 80 or propylene glycol as they sell many milks with that stuff

what do they mean by the chocolate chips not being real, what are they made of

Maybe because Haagen Daz uses aborted baby stem cells. That isn't considered whole foods :/

Dr. B

Maybe because Haagen Daz uses aborted baby stem cells. That isn't considered whole foods :/
where did you find that? ben and jerrys seems much worse than them ingredients wise? every flavor has guar gum, carrageenan, other gums whereas haagen dazs is almost always like egg yolks, milk, sugar, under 10 ingredients usually

OP
Rinse & rePeat
where did you find that? ben and jerrys seems much worse than them ingredients wise? every flavor has guar gum, carrageenan, other gums whereas haagen dazs is almost always like egg yolks, milk, sugar, under 10 ingredients usually

Senomyx is a company that uses aborted baby fetuses for a variety of things from vaccines to Doritos and Coke. I posted a link with a list of products that uses the aborted fetus technology and was bummed to see Haagen Daz on it. I haven't bought any since.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211103-164105_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211103-164105_Outlook.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 17
OP
Rinse & rePeat
Though my ice cream recipe doesn't have yolks in it, like regular ice cream, my custard does!

Attachments

• 20201218_122543.jpg
    20201218_122543.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 19
OP
Rinse & rePeat
This is my new obsession, and all time favorite way to have my homemade ice vanilla ice cream! I topped it with the zest of one organic orange, mixed in, and top it with perfectly ripe blueberries. This tastes like a dessert you would get in a fancy restaurant. I had three bowls yesterday and started my day out today with another one!

Attachments

• 0900AC33-D1DA-4D01-8531-131692FF3E08.jpeg
    0900AC33-D1DA-4D01-8531-131692FF3E08.jpeg
    498.4 KB · Views: 24
OP
Rinse & rePeat
Ray Peat has referred to orange peels as a “super drug”. …

“Orange peels have similar properties to the anti-inflammatory drug, indomethacin.”- 9 Health Benefits of Eating Orange Peels

Rinse & rePeat:
“You have referred to marmalade as a “super drug”, what are some of the ailments it is good for?”

RAY PEAT:
“Inflammation, which is a component of practically all ailments.”

rayban

"Blood sugar also seems to be low in migraine, so that some people find that eating a large amount of ice cream can interrupt the symptoms. This observation might be what we need to understand the role of sleep in health. We all know how hard it is to sleep when we are hungry (low blood sugar), and how sleepy we sometimes get after a big meal. Low sugar levels in the blood can literally starve some cells into malfunctioning.” – Dr Ray Peat

My mom has migraines and glucose was above range on the latest lab. They tested her and nothing showed up in scans. I wonder what can be causing migraine?

TSH is 4.something above range but the dr said "it's ok" and wouldn't raise the 75mcg eutirox dose. Same for me, we are on the same dose and ranges.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
My mom has migraines and glucose was above range on the latest lab. They tested her and nothing showed up in scans. I wonder what can be causing migraine?

TSH is 4.something above range but the dr said "it's ok" and wouldn't raise the 75mcg eutirox dose. Same for me, we are on the same dose and ranges.
Migraines can be from many things, with high estrogens being one cause.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Well they didn't test for estrogens in bloodworks so I guess I will need to pay for a full bloodwork for her myself and see what happens.
You know I don’t think you have to rush to do that, just do what you would do if the doc told you you have high estrogens and see if it helps.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
You know I don’t think you have to rush to do that, just do what you would do if the doc told you you have high estrogens and see if it helps.

“People under stress, or who have a thyroid deficiency, or who don't eat enough protein, typically have elevated estrogen levels. The accumulation of the “essential fatty acids,” the polyunsaturated oils, in the tissues promotes the action of estrogen in a variety of ways, and this effect of diet tends to be cumulative, and to be self-accelerating.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Well they didn't test for estrogens in bloodworks so I guess I will need to pay for a full bloodwork for her myself and see what happens.

“There are interesting associations between vegetable “fiber” and estrogens. Because of my own experience in finding that eating a raw carrot daily prevented my migraines, I began to suspect that the carrot fiber was having both a bowel-protective and an antiestrogen effect. Several women who suffered from premenstrual symptoms, including migraine, had their serum estrogen measured before and after the “carrot diet,” and they found that the carrot lowered their estrogen within a few days, as it relieved their symptoms.

Undigestible fiber, if it isn't broken down by bowel bacteria, increases fecal bulk, and tends to speed the transit of material through the intestine, just as laxatives do. But some of these “fiber” materials, e.g., lignin, are themselves estrogenic, and other fibers, by promoting bacterial growth, can promote the conversion of harmless substances into toxins and carcinogens. When there is a clear “antiestrogen” effect from dietary fiber, it seems to be the result of accelerated transit through the intestine, speeding elimination and preventing reabsorption of the estrogen which has been excreted in the bile. Laxatives have this same effect on the excretion of estradiol.

Some of the isoflavones, lignins, and other phytoestrogens are said to prevent bowel cancer, but some of them, e.g., lignin, appear to sometimes increase its likelihood.

The phytoestrogens appear to pose a risk to organs besides the breast and uterus, for example the liver, colon, and pancreas, which isn't surprising, since estrogen is known to be carcinogenic for every tissue. And carcinogenesis, like precancerous changes, mutations, and reduced repair of DNA, is probably just an incidental process in the more general toxic effect of acceleration of aging.“ -Ray Peat

rayban

“There are interesting associations between vegetable “fiber” and estrogens. Because of my own experience in finding that eating a raw carrot daily prevented my migraines, I began to suspect that the carrot fiber was having both a bowel-protective and an antiestrogen effect. Several women who suffered from premenstrual symptoms, including migraine, had their serum estrogen measured before and after the “carrot diet,” and they found that the carrot lowered their estrogen within a few days, as it relieved their symptoms.

Undigestible fiber, if it isn't broken down by bowel bacteria, increases fecal bulk, and tends to speed the transit of material through the intestine, just as laxatives do. But some of these “fiber” materials, e.g., lignin, are themselves estrogenic, and other fibers, by promoting bacterial growth, can promote the conversion of harmless substances into toxins and carcinogens. When there is a clear “antiestrogen” effect from dietary fiber, it seems to be the result of accelerated transit through the intestine, speeding elimination and preventing reabsorption of the estrogen which has been excreted in the bile. Laxatives have this same effect on the excretion of estradiol.

Some of the isoflavones, lignins, and other phytoestrogens are said to prevent bowel cancer, but some of them, e.g., lignin, appear to sometimes increase its likelihood.

The phytoestrogens appear to pose a risk to organs besides the breast and uterus, for example the liver, colon, and pancreas, which isn't surprising, since estrogen is known to be carcinogenic for every tissue. And carcinogenesis, like precancerous changes, mutations, and reduced repair of DNA, is probably just an incidental process in the more general toxic effect of acceleration of aging.“ -Ray Peat
So raw carrot is good for this? I tried raw carrot but I wasn't able to enjoy it, it was too satiating, I took it at around 9 pm, then walked for an hour, and i didn't feel as hungry at 11:00 pm when I dinner, and I like the feel of being hungry after excercise because i enjoy the food more, so i had to avoid the carrot unfortunately, im not sure how i could eat it avoiding this mega satiating effect it has.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
So raw carrot is good for this? I tried raw carrot but I wasn't able to enjoy it, it was too satiating, I took it at around 9 pm, then walked for an hour, and i didn't feel as hungry at 11:00 pm when I dinner, and I like the feel of being hungry after excercise because i enjoy the food more, so i had to avoid the carrot unfortunately, im not sure how i could eat it avoiding this mega satiating effect it has.
I posted throes RP quotes for your mother’s migraines. I am with you, as I can’t seem to find a good time to enjoy a carrot salad.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Wow. "Chocolatey" chips! That's a new one. I don't think we get them in Australia yet! But also it could be the type of things I buy these days so I wouldn't see them. If I buy Ice Cream it tends to be the Chocolate or Vanilla Haagan Dazs (sp!) Ice Cream. Phew just checked the chocolate one - not too bad the one we get in Australia - https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/505061/haagen-dazs-belgian-chocolate-ice-cream. And it's 1/2 price this week!
Yeah I can’t imagine why ice cream companies need to make things so complicated and unhealthy?

kaybb

This is my new obsession, and all time favorite way to have my homemade ice vanilla ice cream! I topped it with the zest of one organic orange, mixed in, and top it with perfectly ripe blueberries. This tastes like a dessert you would get in a fancy restaurant. I had three bowls yesterday and started my day out today with another one!
The ice cream recipe you are using ? Is it the diet shake recipe? Adding fruit?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals