Waking up with extreme anxiety/panic - high cortisol?

helpmyhair

Have been dealing with a major life issue (breakup).. its been several months since, but my body has been in a horrible flight or fight response for months now. Its affecting my sleep big time where I'm not sleeping much. The worst of it is in the morning where I am waking up at the same time with an anxiety attack straight out of sleep. It lasts for hours. I'm not great during the day. In the evening/night, I level out. Could these morning anxiety/panic attacks be due to high cortisol? If so, what can I do to lower the cortisol? any good supplements? I've heard of cyproheptadine but its crazy expensive in my country. A supplement that I could get from any health food store would be ideal.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Have been dealing with a major life issue (breakup).. its been several months since, but my body has been in a horrible flight or fight response for months now. Its affecting my sleep big time where I'm not sleeping much. The worst of it is in the morning where I am waking up at the same time with an anxiety attack straight out of sleep. It lasts for hours. I'm not great during the day. In the evening/night, I level out. Could these morning anxiety/panic attacks be due to high cortisol? If so, what can I do to lower the cortisol? any good supplements? I've heard of cyproheptadine but its crazy expensive in my country. A supplement that I could get from any health food store would be ideal.
Yes, frequently guys who wake up with anxiety have very high salivary cortisol in the morning. Liver glycogen has likely run out during the night. But frequently these guys also have gut and thyroid issues.

ruprmurdoch

Aswaganda ? Reservatrol ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals