Coming off pregnenalone

crr71198

New to the forum and am looking to reach out regarding some recent issues I’ve had. I started taking some pregnenalone 100mg for a couple months to help maybe drive down some inflammation and clear up some brain fog. After a while I noticed my body began to get kind of stressed out, but my sex drive was up so I kept taking it. Then after about 2 months or so I started to break out with psoriases patches near my arm pits. I stopped taking the pregnenalone and they went away but after I came off it I started having extreme anxiety attacks to the point I was in the hospital. I’ve never struggled with anxiety attacks before. They have slowly started to go away but it’s been about 4 months and I’m still having similar issues. Before the pregnenalone I had my total T done and measured in the low 500s but I took the test after a night of drinking and a morning of fasted training so it might not have been super accurate. I recently had my free T, tsh, and cortisol done and all we’re in normal range. Cortisol was 1.89. Free T was 70.6 pg/ml. TSH 1.24. Looking for some answers on what could be going on. Maybe high estrogen from increased pregnenalone? I thought for sure I would have high cortisol but the low number surprised me.

Morgan

How old are you? I always tend to recommend much smaller doses of pregnenolone, and usually only to recover to some sort of baseline or for anti aging purposes. It is very likely that taking that much for a couple of months may start to disrupt or sensitize you to stress hormones like cortisol, and how you react to them; this especially seems to be the case when you can't meet metabolic requirements.

OP
C

crr71198

I’m 22. Certainly took too much I’m aware of that. Do you have any recommendations for moving forward? How to get this random anxiety under control?

scoobydoo

I’m 22. Certainly took too much I’m aware of that. Do you have any recommendations for moving forward? How to get this random anxiety under control?
Maybe something to do with changes in pregnenolone sulfate and GABA?

Tarmander

How old are you? I always tend to recommend much smaller doses of pregnenolone, and usually only to recover to some sort of baseline or for anti aging purposes. It is very likely that taking that much for a couple of months may start to disrupt or sensitize you to stress hormones like cortisol, and how you react to them; this especially seems to be the case when you can't meet metabolic requirements.
This is right I think

I had a family member take pregnenolone for 6 months and she started having issues, brittle bones, non existent TSH and other issues.

Probably best at a few months max

Mito

Maybe high estrogen from increased pregnenalone?
Peat said he hasn’t seen any pregnenolone in recent years that doesn’t produce extraneous symptoms. I think @haidut was going to test his IdeaLabs pregnenalone products to confirm purity, but I’m not sure if that’s been done yet.

dukesbobby777

Peat said he hasn’t seen any pregnenolone in recent years that doesn’t produce extraneous symptoms. I think @haidut was going to test his IdeaLabs pregnenalone products to confirm purity, but I’m not sure if that’s been done yet.

Health Natura’s is good. It may not be Peaty perfect in Ray’s eyes, but I’ve taken it for prolonged periods and not noticed negative symptoms of any sort. Higher dosages make me sedated and slightly zombified.

Gustav3Y

Health Natura’s is good. It may not be Peaty perfect in Ray’s eyes, but I’ve taken it for prolonged periods and not noticed negative symptoms of any sort. Higher dosages make me sedated and slightly zombified.
What was you higher dose and what was the dose you felt non-sedated at?

dukesbobby777

What was you higher dose and what was the dose you felt non-sedated at?

I don’t know the exact cut off point for sedation, as I normally just take 10/20mg each day. But when I tried dosages at 100mg + per day, I noticed those effects.

OP
C

crr71198

I don’t know the exact cut off point for sedation, as I normally just take 10/20mg each day. But when I tried dosages at 100mg + per day, I noticed those effects.
I wonder if a lower dose would help reverse some of the side effects I felt from the higher dose

OP
C

crr71198

Another symptom to add to what I felt above. Prior to stopping the pregnenalone I broke out in some psoriasis patches under my arms. If I’m still having issues would it be a good idea to test my pregnenalone levels? Seems like supplementation through everything out of wack.

JKX

It increases its own production...by increasing thyroid. You've probably just tanked your cholesterol and vit a causing skin issues. At your age I doubt you need it. Things should settle in a month or so as long as your eating well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals