Major Question Regarding Peat's Ideas About Cortisol, Sleep, Health!

DaveFoster

X3CyO

X3 Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I read
"Safe uses of Cortisol" By William Jefferies more than a decade ago. It was a bit like reading what Ray says about various substances and hormones and incredible lack of information and the great amount of misinformation about these things. Jeffries was so disgusted by what happened with cortisol: Basically the hormone was seen as a panacea and overused with horrific consequences and the rebound or pushback was the normal thing of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Most of todays treatments with "cortisol" don't actually use cortisol, but rather patented synthetic analogs...sound familiar? Jeffries was adamant that some people run low on cortisol and that Low dose cortisol treatment, not prednisone etc etc can really help people. The symptoms that you and Pet Peeve mentioned that too much cortisol can produce was why Jeffries wrote the book... He knew Drs were still very ignorant about how to use this powerful hormone and they thought they could use analogs and in his view this is wrong for any long term use. Pet P talked about using "it"for a couple of years and then all hell breaking loose. Yeah he is right if it's analogs are used inappropriately or even cortisol itself but that's as far as I think his knowledge goes. (Mine doesn't go a whole lot further but at least I've read a book by an original expert on the subject)
Because it is a life sustaining hormone.. dig it, you are dead in hours without cortisol... Not months with out some hormones and years without others.... How many reading this ever heard of that??? I'm not saying believe me cause I said it. Study a bit deeper maybe. I would love to hear RP speak on the subject but I feel like he is bombarded right now with questions so I thought I would try here first.
Yes it would be great if Haidut responds to this thread.
Thanks,
Brother John
Interesting. Ill have to look into that.

Dr. Peat thinks that low cortisol is solely responsible for sore joints; estrogen doesn't play a role in his view.

Where does Dr. Peat say that?

I noticed he said low estrogen doesnt play a part but the low cortisol portion seems to be theory from other posters.

DaveFoster

Interesting. Ill have to look into that.

Where does Dr. Peat say that?

I noticed he said low estrogen doesnt play a part but the low cortisol portion seems to be theory.
So, if cortisol and estrogen are the main factors, and he doubts estrogen plays a part, what else would it be?

X3CyO

So, if cortisol and estrogen are the main factors, and he doubts estrogen plays a part, what else would it be?

Im not saying its not low cortisol, but it could be any of the other factors on my other post as well. Most likely a combination.

X3CyO

Also just re read RP's article on Progesterone. It appears to entirely be for women. IF you can find a part in there that mentions "male" or ""men" I would like to know. On the other hand he mentions women over and over...

That article is geared towards women, but as stated, "progesterone is of far greater and more basic significance than testosterone."

Its a dose difference in men and women in regards to hormonal support, and although its not a male hormone, its a precursor to them.

Men usually are reccomended to supplement pregnenolone instead with a downstream hormone like DHEA in small amounts.

This way, in men, extra pregnenolone instead of overloading the body with progesterone, is stored as pregnenolone sulfate until needed by the body.

Oral Progesterone Increases Testosterone And DHT

Heres a thread and study supporting male hormones through progesterone, however, in higher amounts, its understood to lower estrogen, and testosterone in an equal fashion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals