haidut

Even though this is officially considered an epidemiological study, it was a lot more controlled than that. The patients were given vitamin supplementation and compliance was enforced as much as possible. So, you can call this an open label trial. And given that the population studied was one with much higher than average incidence of those cancers, the vitamins should be even more protective in the general population. It is also worth noting that this trial also found increased cancer risk from folic acid supplementation, in agreement with a number of recent studies done in the USA.

B Vitamins Linked to Gastrointestinal Cancer Risk - Medical News Bulletin

"...The supplement groups were administered various doses of vitamins and minerals in combination. Roughly half the participants were administered a combination including 3.2mg of riboflavin (Vitamin B2) and 40mg of niacin (Vitamin B3), called Factor B by the NIT researchers. Blood was drawn from each subject before they were administered a supplement or placebo, and was kept frozen for later analysis. In 1996, levels of Vitamins B2, B6, B9, and B12, and flavin mononucleotide (FMN) – a product of B2 metabolism – were measured for each blood sample."

"...Vitamin B2 was associated with a lower risk of OSCC. This association was stronger in women than in men, and in those >60 compared to other age groups. Overall, the prevalence of OSCC among those with the highest levels was 44% lower than that of the 25th percentile: for those assigned to a Factor B-containing group the prevalence was 40% lower, and for those who were not, the prevalence was 49% lower. B2 was also associated with a decreased risk of GCA in those 50 or older. Participants in the 50th and 75th percentiles for B6 levels were 40% and 47% more likely to have OSCC than those in the 25th percentile, respectively. Vitamin B9 was associated with an increased risk of GCA, though this association was not found to be significant when Factor B status was taken into account. Those with higher B9 levels in Factor B groups had a slightly higher prevalence of OSCC overall. Vitamin B12 was associated with a slightly decreased risk of OSCC. FMN was associated with an increased risk of OSCC in participants assigned to a Factor B group."

milk_lover

Energin has no B12. Does this study convince you to add B12 to the formula? Or further studies are needed? Great stuff as usual. Thanks. I enjoyed the series of glycine studies yesterday. Great insight.

haidut

Energin has no B12. Does this study convince you to add B12 to the formula? Or further studies are needed? Great stuff as usual. Thanks. I enjoyed the series of glycine studies yesterday. Great insight.

There are several new studies linking high serum B12 with several cancers. It is not definitive yet if the link is causative but vitamin B12 as well as folic acid is known to stimulate cancer growth in vitro. I would need to see more evidence before I include B12, but folic acid is likely not going to be included unless new evidence comes out.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
TheBeard B Vitamins Doubled My Total Testosterone Levels Male Issues 102
H A Cross-sectional Study Of Plasma Trace Elements And Vitamins Content In Androgenetic Alopecia In Me Articles & Scientific Studies 0
sugarbabe Role Of Vitamins A And D In The Pathogenesis Of Influenza: A New Perspective Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 1
JanP How To Support Endogenous Production Of B Vitamins? Ask For Help or Advice 6
S B-Vitamins Vitamins 2
S Taking Fa-soluble Vitamins One Hour After Eating? Fat-Soluble Vitamins 0
aven4 Help A Eunuch Interpret Bloodwork (Hormones, Prolactin, Thyroid, Vitamins) Blood Work, Labs 0
Highserotonin90 Topical Vitamins Application Experiments 0
C Is It Safe To Take High Doses Of B Vitamins? Ask For Help or Advice 23
J Taking Fat Soluble Vitamins Supplements On The Same Days In The Week Or Separating Them Apart? Vitamins 2
C Questions On DIY Topical B Vitamins Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 49
C What Vitamins Help Flexibility? Vitamins 8
ivy Your Thoughts On Dolores Cahill Regarding Vitamins + Zinc Against SarsCov2 Ask For Help or Advice 16
R B Vitamins Reduced My Back Pain By 90% Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 12
Orangeyouglad Overmethylation Or Undermethylation & B-vitamins Ask For Help or Advice 5
Pompadour Vitamins E, A, C Can Be Bad For Cancer Patients Scientific Studies 20
maillol B Vitamins - Anxiety / Tension/ Hyperactivity Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 13
E Influence Of The Culture Substrate On The Agaricus Blazei Murrill Mushrooms Vitamins Content Scientific Studies 2
Francisco Should I Supplement B Vitamins? Ask For Help or Advice 2
D How To Best Obtain Fat-Soluble Vitamins Vitamins 1
B Do Vitamin D And Other Fat Soluble Vitamins Improve Or Worsen Autoimmunity? Ask For Help or Advice 6
L New Evidence Of Synergism Between Vitamins A And D — Can They Cure Diabetes? Fat-Soluble Vitamins 2
milkboi MCTs Sufficient For Hormone Synthesis And Absorption Of Fat-soluble Vitamins On Low PUFA & Fat Diet Fats 28
Amazoniac Gut Microbiota And B-vitamins: An Estimation Of Its Contribution To Daily Intakes Vitamins 1
M Good Source Of Vitamins In UK? Suppliers 3
cyclops Do Vitamins Really Expire? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
rawmeat What Vitamins And Nutrients Does Alcohol Deplete Most From Your Body? Metabolism 3
Amazoniac Handbook Of Vitamins, Minerals And Hormones - Roman J. Kutsky Book Recommendations 6
A Do B Vitamins Compete With Or Inhibit Each Other? And Vitamin B1 For Energy Water-Soluble Vitamins 4
J Dessicated Liver And Vitamins Organ Meat 0
M Vitamins And Their Used By Date Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
haidut The Fat-soluble Vitamins (K, A, D, E) May Be A Novel Treatment For Osteoarthritis (OA) Scientific Studies 0
L How Does Ray Peat Get His B-vitamins? Water-Soluble Vitamins 5
TheBeard Which Vitamins Are Safe To Take? Vitamins 9
Amazoniac "The Fallacy Of Administering Mixtures Of Crystalline Vitamins Alone In Nutritional Deficiency" Water-Soluble Vitamins 111
Badger Studies That Find Vitamins Worthless Vitamins 24
L Vitamins A And C Could Erase Epigenetic Marks On DNA A 1
Amazoniac Balancing Vitamins A And E Fat-Soluble Vitamins 29
N Do B Vitamins Deplete Any Other Vitamins Or Minerals? Ask For Help or Advice 7
SneezeStar Type Of Fat To Absorb Fat Soluble Vitamins Fat-Soluble Vitamins 5
D Drinking Tea Depleting Body's B-Vitamins? Metabolism 0
S Stacking D-ribose With B-vitamins? Metabolism 1
yerrag Is There A Reasonable Way To Get Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 From Food? Water-Soluble Vitamins 49
Nestito B Vitamins Ask For Help or Advice 3
J Deficiencies Of Vitamins E And A In The Rat: Lipofuscin Accumulation In The Choroid Skin 7
ivy B Complex Vitamins = Fluorescent Urine + Unstoppable Burping! Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 16
Jon B Vitamins Curbing My Appetite? Ask For Help or Advice 17
G Should I Worried About Tolerable Upper Limits Of Vitamins? Ask For Help or Advice 25
L Sniffing B Vitamins Works Vitamins 8
E Good Peat Friendly Sources (foods) Of B Vitamins, Specially B6? Diet 40