Dietary Vitamin K Intake Is Associated With Cognition And Behaviour Among Geriatric Patients: The Cl

paymanz

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26274973

Abstract

Our objective was to determine whether dietary vitamin K intake was associated with cognition and behavior among older adults. 192 consecutive participants ≥65 years, recruited in the cross-sectional CLIP (Cognition and LIPophilic vitamins) study, were separated into two groups according to the tertiles of dietary phylloquinone intake (i.e., lowest third below 207 µg/day versus the other two thirds combined). Daily dietary phylloquinone intake was estimated from 50-item interviewer-administered food frequency questionnaire. Cognition was assessed with Mini-Mental State Examination (MMSE); behaviour with Frontotemporal Behavioral Rating Scale (FBRS). Age, gender, social problems, education, body mass index (BMI), comorbidities, history of stroke, use vitamin K antagonists, inadequate fatty fish intake, serum thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), vitamin B12, albumin, and estimated glomerular filtration rate were used as confounders. Compared to participants in the lowest third of dietary phylloquinone intake (n = 64), those with higher intake had higher (i.e., better) mean MMSE score (22.0 ± 5.7 versus 19.9 ± 6.2, p = 0.024) and lower (i.e., better) FBRS score (1.5 ± 1.2 versus 1.9 ± 1.3, p = 0.042). In multivariate linear regressions, log dietary phylloquinone intake was positively associated with MMSE score (adjusted β = 1.66, p = 0.013) and inversely associated with FBRS score (adjusted β = -0.33, p = 0.037). Specifically, log dietary phylloquinone intake correlated negatively with FBRS subscore of physical neglect (r = -0.24, p = 0.001). Higher dietary phylloquinone intake was associated with better cognition and behavior among older adults.

DawN

You Peaters will want to see me lynched but I do and consume a peaty own version of real Natto, here is the receipt: Take some (500g e.g.) of mung beans (Vigna radiata), let it sprout (pretty easy), cook until soft (would take about 30-45 min., dependent on which kind of pot you use), make some effort for ensuring that the spoon and all the vessels are if not sprayed with desinfecant then spilled with hot water, add a prize of Natto starter culture, close it from above, then keep the stuff at about 40°C for 18 hours (for this I take a box of polystyrene, the same in which fresh pizza is transported, and install inside a heating cable (get it in the zoological store, reptilious department). Your success will come to attention if after about 10 hours a very specificall smell is noticeable.

I also have red a study where piglets were examinated for the effects of real natto. The scientist could diagnose (after they killed the poor piglets) that the amount of certain digestive enzymes (if remembering correct it was amylase and protease) produced by the mucous lining of the small intestine were significantly increased).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals