Urine always Alkaline, why? Always dehydrated?

Callmestar

Does anyone know why my urine would always be alkaline, PH 7 or higher. I've posted before about my ongoing issue with extreme thirst, frequent clear urination and dehydration. I've been measuring my urine PH recently and it's always 7 or higher. I'm wondering if that gives any clues as to why I might be urinating so much and always dehydrated, or is it simply because my urinate is clear/dilute?

peateats1

My urine ph was always high when my co2 was low. Try breathing in a paper bag for a few minutes and then go retest urine, see if that lowers the ph

peateats1

If you bag breathe and your urine ph drops, then that would indicate overall low co2 production, because bag breathing raises co2. It might be something to try, just to see if that would have any effect on urine ph.

OP
C

Callmestar

If you bag breathe and your urine ph drops, then that would indicate overall low co2 production, because bag breathing raises co2. It might be something to try, just to see if that would have any effect on urine ph.

I mean, the urine is going to have been sitting in my bladder while not having breathed into a bag so i'm not sure how breathing in a bad for a few minutes is suddenly going to change the PH of the urine thats already sitting in the bladder in the alkaline state. Maybe my logics off here but I can't see how it would work unless I was breathing into the bag for hours while be urine collected in my bladder.

peateats1

Whatever, that's fine. I literally pissed on a urine ph strip, my ph tested at an 8 on it, then walked to my bedroom, breathed into a paper bag for 2 to 3 minutes, went back into the bathroom, pissed on another strip, and my urine ph was 6.5. If that isn't going to work for your body and isn't even worth attempting or testing, that is totally ok with me.

OP
C

Callmestar

Whatever, that's fine. I literally pissed on a urine ph strip, my ph tested at an 8 on it, then walked to my bedroom, breathed into a paper bag for 2 to 3 minutes, went back into the bathroom, pissed on another strip, and my urine ph was 6.5. If that isn't going to work for your body and isn't even worth attempting or testing, that is totally ok with me.

I wasn't saying I won't try it. I was just questioning the logic. And was willing to have the logic explained to me, but no worries if you can't.

OP
C

Callmestar

I gave it a try. No change in my urine PH.

GTW

People often are happy to see, and try to achieve alkaline urine. There are generally more problems with acidic urine.
However you may have a problem with Na/K balance? Hyponatremia?
Vitamin C may acidify urine in high enough doses. Any food with phosphorus, sulfur, etc, those are eventually excreted lowering pH.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals