Urgent: Runaway heart rate and general illness after penicillin.

NodeCerebri

Never heard of adrenal cocktail but it sounds interesting. What does it do to combat adrenal wildness
It balances out the electrolytes in the body and hinders adrenaline spikes during cortisol drops in the diurnal cycle.
But I agree with one of the other posters who said it could be an allergy. I don’t know what the symptoms are like but my mom is also allergic to penicillin.
And yeah you’re right, sometimes it’s better just to work with food for a longer period of time. If you try to force health or healing it gets worse at times, but these times also pass.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

It balances out the electrolytes in the body and hinders adrenaline spikes during cortisol drops in the diurnal cycle.
But I agree with one of the other posters who said it could be an allergy. I don’t know what the symptoms are like but my mom is also allergic to penicillin.
And yeah you’re right, sometimes it’s better just to work with food for a longer period of time. If you try to force health or healing it gets worse at times, but these times also pass.
Yeah I didn't have any obvious reactions to penicillin right away just eventual rotting gut after a period of brief reprieve. Just when I stopped everything went to hell.

Going to the emergency room. To see if they can do anything to lower my heart rate.

It seems like it gets worse at night. Yesterday post breakfast and lunch my pulse dropped slowly to the 65-75 range and I could lay down and rest the. I ate dinner (ground beef and parm reg with salt) and I got really full and suddenly hr went up like crazy. I was also agitated while digested because the people around me were slightly arguing some so maybe some food got into my small intestine?

Idk i think I just need to do a liquids only approach with carrot salad and maybe beets since I seemed to tolerate that well.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

UPDATE: emergency room doc wants to give sleeping pill.

NodeCerebri

Yeah I didn't have any obvious reactions to penicillin right away just eventual rotting gut after a period of brief reprieve. Just when I stopped everything went to hell.

Going to the emergency room. To see if they can do anything to lower my heart rate.

It seems like it gets worse at night. Yesterday post breakfast and lunch my pulse dropped slowly to the 65-75 range and I could lay down and rest the. I ate dinner (ground beef and parm reg with salt) and I got really full and suddenly hr went up like crazy. I was also agitated while digested because the people around me were slightly arguing some so maybe some food got into my small intestine?

Idk i think I just need to do a liquids only approach with carrot salad and maybe beets since I seemed to tolerate that well.
Maybe stay away from foods which contain high amounts of Tyramine (lists) for a while. Also maybe have a look into nitric oxide. Would recommend to stay away from methylene blue right now. Maybe I’d try activated charcoal for the digestive system. Drinking more beetroot juice.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Maybe stay away from foods which contain high amounts of Tyramine (lists) for a while. Also maybe have a look into nitric oxide. Would recommend to stay away from methylene blue right now. Maybe I’d try activated charcoal for the digestive system. Drinking more beetroot juice.
I've been eating beets as well. Body seems to like that

OP
Sam321

Sam321

I've been eating beets as well. Body seems to like that
Also got out of emergency room. Doctor gave me lopressor. Going to try it tonight to ease the heart rate.

Wondering if this might not be the gut biome, but just two days of anxiety and runaway stress response?

If its endo or serotonin, I could someone remind me if endo or serotonin spikes at diff times of the day or night?

Either way, sleep needed.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Maybe stay away from foods which contain high amounts of Tyramine (lists) for a while. Also maybe have a look into nitric oxide. Would recommend to stay away from methylene blue right now. Maybe I’d try activated charcoal for the digestive system. Drinking more beetroot juice
What do you mean by look into nitric oxide? Are there tests for that?

OP
Sam321

Sam321

@Sam321 your bad reaction on penicillin could be Herxheimer reaction
I don't have any rashes or hives. My issue came on after 15 days of use and quitting it. Blood pressure isn't low is on the high side. Have increased pulse rate for sure. Doesn't seem like it fits the bill. What do you think?

OP
Sam321

Sam321

What is the most effective way to reduce the effects of endotoxin?

Ihor

I don't have any rashes or hives. My issue came on after 15 days of use and quitting it. Blood pressure isn't low is on the high side. Have increased pulse rate for sure. Doesn't seem like it fits the bill. What do you think?
It's hard to say, probably exactly that the main factor cause it happened after 15 days. Wikipedia say in there condition it treated aspirine and prednisone, maybe it can be explained that after destroy gram-negative bacteria endotoxin is up and it rush immune reaction and inflammation so your adrenal started to produce cortisol for fight it, but later when cortisol was exhausted and you went on adrenaline and aldosterone which retain sodium and high your pressure, all these probably cause your body can't clear these entotoxin from dead bacterias so fast.
You can try high doses of vitamin C and some magnesium. If infection was in stomach and there are something, try to take activated charcoal to absorb it.

Last edited:

gaze

when you lay down, especially at night, it causes a rise in serotonin, nitric oxide, estrogen from endotoxin absorption. keeping the light on might may help because darkness lowers blood sugar which causes endotoxin absorbtion . You need to go back to basics. cut all supplements, start tracking calories, make sure your getting enough, something like ice cream might help lower the stress.
eat frequently, small meals, sip on OJ, don't eat meat before bed, the protein will mess up blood sugar more. go easy on the white sugar aside from a couple servings of ice cream. your body needs a lot of fuel cause it's running on stress hormones. Any time you get endotoxin symptoms, take small sips of OJ and nibble on some cheese. keeping blood sugar up is the best defense against it, aside from avoiding starch and eating 1 to 2 carrots daily. Did you make any other dietary changes or was antibiotics the only thing you did?

OP
Sam321

Sam321

It's hard to say, probably exactly that the main factor cause it happened after 15 days. Wikipedia say in there condition it treated aspirine and prednisone, maybe it can be explained that after destroy gram-negative bacteria endotoxin is up and it rush immune reaction and inflammation so your adrenal started to produce cortisol for fight it, but later when cortisol was exhausted and you went on adrenaline and aldosterone which retain sodium and high your pressure, all these probably cause your body can't clear these entotoxin from dead bacterias so fast. You can try high doses of vitamin C and some magnesium. If infection was in stomach try to take activated charcoal.
Thanks my friend!
when you lay down, especially at night, it causes a rise in serotonin, nitric oxide, estrogen from endotoxin absorption. keeping the light on might may help because darkness lowers blood sugar which causes endotoxin absorbtion . You need to go back to basics. cut all supplements, start tracking calories, make sure your getting enough, something like ice cream might help lower the stress.
eat frequently, small meals, sip on OJ, don't eat meat before bed, the protein will mess up blood sugar more. go easy on the white sugar aside from a couple servings of ice cream. your body needs a lot of fuel cause it's running on stress hormones. Any time you get endotoxin symptoms, take small sips of OJ and nibble on some cheese. keeping blood sugar up is the best defense against it, aside from avoiding starch and eating 1 to 2 carrots daily. Did you make any other dietary changes or was antibiotics the only thing you did?
I've been doing milk and oj since cheese really didn't work.

Antibiotics were the major change. Maybe an egg here a glass of milk there in terms of change in diet.

Small meals or the constant snack approach resonates with me for sure. When I eat too much at once I get a massive stress response cause I'm so tired.

gaze

Thanks my friend!

I've been doing milk and oj since cheese really didn't work.

Antibiotics were the major change. Maybe an egg here a glass of milk there in terms of change in diet.

Small meals or the constant snack approach resonates with me for sure. When I eat too much at once I get a massive stress response cause I'm so tired.
did you get the right kind of cheese? parmaggiano reggiano that uses animal rennet? you could try adding extra salt to your food/Oj. i find salt to be very calming when my adrenaline is high.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

did you get the right kind of cheese? parmaggiano reggiano that uses animal rennet? you could try adding extra salt to your food/Oj. i find salt to be very calming when my adrenaline is high.
Yea parm reg. Didn't agree with me.
Salt helped me alot for first few nights. Over did it though so backed off to a half tsp per meal.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

UPDATE: lopressor allowed me to get some sleep last night. Woke up a couple times with racing heart rate but fell back asleep.

gaze

you could try emailing peat, but i think i know what he'd say. it would be something along the lines of daily: raw carrot, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, cascara sagrada, avoid all starch and fiber, 2-2500 mg of calcium a day, salt. all of these seems like the best way to change the bad bacteria. he wouldn't be that exact but may propose some of those.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals