Is it good to stimulate yourself ?

Pjotr

Lurking in this forum for ages, but now seriously trying to improve my health by improving my metabolism.
My brother is also on this forum, and has some quite good results.

One thing I'm never totally sure about, is my heart rate.
I've been constantly measuring my heart rate the last couple of days. And I've some quite interesting results.

If I meditate in a laying position, my heart rate gets seriously low. Between 38-44 bpm. I don't really feel good when my heart rate is so low.

Since, I've been a little kid, I've always tried to stimulate myself. Stimulating conversations, or stimulating games, or just doing stimulating sports etc. Just things that gets me excited. I love doing those kind of activities. And interestingly, my heart rate also is much higher, when I do that.

So, for example, only by writing this post (in a laying position), my heart rate will increase from 44 to 54. When I have an interesting conversation, I see my heart rate go to like 60. When I'm walking at the same time, my heart rate goes to 70-80.

Also things like flirting with people, I notice that my heart rate increases to 70 or something. But I don't know, is this good ? Ray Peat says it is good to have stimulating conversations. But since, my heart rate can drop to 38 when I don't think about anything, I guess my basal metabolic rate is frightening low.

Am I not actually pushing stress hormones when I stimulate myself ? Is this a healthy way to increase your metabolic rate ?

Giraffe

Welcome to the forum, Pjotr.

Your resting pulse rate is scarily low. What does your diet look like? How about other life style factors (sleep, sun shine, gentle exercise such as walks)?

Don't mix up resting pulse rate with the pulse rate when you are moving. The muscles help to pump the blood when you are moving, the more muscles involved the higher the pulse rate.

aguilaroja

Giraffe said:
...Your resting pulse rate is scarily low...

With noticeably unusual pulse measurements, it is helpful to have a confirmatory way of checking, such as pulse measured by a gadget like a pulse oximetry meter, EKG, or even a smart phone/watch app.

If the heart rate is really low (or irregular), the first priority is to sort out what it is happening, more than changing activity pattern. Some of the causes are severe, and health professional assessment is best.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=7040&p=86723&hilit=bradycardia#p86723

"To clarify, a baseline heart rate considerably below 60 beats per minute is bradycardia.

It is concerning both in usual medical terms, as well as in a Ray Peat influenced view of metabolism. This is technically a cardiac arrhythmia. Fatigue, weakness, dizziness are recognized signs of bradycardia. It is strongly advisable to get this checked out and get a conventional assessment, in addition to any view through a Peat-influenced lens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Bradycardia"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals