Supplements To Lower Heart Rate

TreasureVibe

Hi all, I'm tapering off valium at the moment and I'm feeling fine with the use of 1000 mg of vitamin C, but there's one problem I'm facing. I have a high heart rate all the time and sometimes it's pounding in my chest. What supplements could I take that do not interfere with the gaba receptors that lowers heart rate?

Thanks!

HChpalley

I read somewhere else that magnesium could be helpful, at least for the concerning person who was taking thyroid hormones and magnesium helped her lower her heart rate from approximately 100 to 85 bpm if I’m not mistaken. I wouldn’t advise magnesium oxide since many peeps don’t feel well on it, myself included

yomama

What supplements could I take that do not interfere with the gaba receptors that lowers heart rate?
Thanks!

Salvia Miltiorrhiza, Cordyceps, Reishi, etc., are know to lower and normalize the heart rate but dont know through what mechanism so cant tell you if they would interfere with the gaba receptors.

Salvia Miltiorrhiza ("Dan Shen") is as powerful and effective as chemical compounds as the Propranolol.

lampofred

Carbon dioxide (bag breathing)

shine

Magnesium oxide gave me a real bad reaction before, how much of B1 should I take? Are you sure it'll help?

B1 relaxes my heart. It is also reccommended for people who get a rapid heart beat when starting thyroid. I take 50-100mg daily but you can go as high as 600mg without many issues.

I can't tolerate magnesium oxide aswell, the only forms that I can take are Mg-taurate and Mg-bisglycinate.
I would prefer the taurine form in your case, because taurine also relaxes the heart.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

B1 relaxes my heart. It is also reccommended for people who get a rapid heart beat when starting thyroid. I take 50-100mg daily but you can go as high as 600mg without many issues.

I can't tolerate magnesium oxide aswell, the only forms that I can take are Mg-taurate and Mg-bisglycinate.
I would prefer the taurine form in your case, because taurine also relaxes the heart.
Would vitamin b1 interfere with my benzo taper?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I don't think so.
I think it raised my heart rate a little, but the heart palpitations are less noticeable.. Should I continue taking it? When will the effects work?

Edit: I think the fillers, magnesium stearate revved up my benzo symptoms.

Would benfotiamine which is a fat soluble vitamin b1 be a good substitute? Because it doesn't contain magnesium stearate

Last edited:

Beastmode

That which raises the heart rate in a healthy way via improving your oxidative metabolism should lower it if it's too high/driven by stress hormones.

Beastmode

Yes, it gave me anxiety.

What do you mean?

For example; T3 can help increase heart rate when dosed appropriately with the proper diet, etc. T3 can also lower stress hormones which are most likely the cause of an elevated heart rate when dosed appropriately, etc.

So can orange, milk, b3, etc.

My wife and I were the opposite in regards to heart rate, body temp and blood pressure. We could both have the same breakfast and all my #'s went up smoothly and her's would go down.

SOMO

-Salt (Sodium Chloride and/or Potassium Chloride.) KCL is used in executions to stop heart, but in normal dosages it can probably slow a rapid heartbeat.) The salt also lowers adrenaline.
-Epsom salt baths (Magnesium + Sulfate, sulfate relaxes blood vessels and this should normalize your HR and BP.)
-Beta Blockers - Metopropolol is the safest one I think
-Baking Soda - increase CO2, dilate blood vessels and increase the circulation to take some of the load off your heart.
-Garlic (apparently garlic can reduce BP)

Anti-hypertensive Herbs and their Mechanisms of Action: Part I

Obviously avoid caffeine.

Have you tested your BP with a BP monitor? Obviously BP and HR are connected, but I know for a fact you can have normal or only slightly elevated BP, but EXTREMELY elevated HR. Some stimulants like amphetamines and cocaine can do this - high HR but BP is normal/slightly-elevated. The treatment is usually beta blockers in the ER.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals