Heart Pounding And Sleepiness After Meal

Philippe

Hey guys,

Anyone could explain what is happening to me based on the following symptoms:

- generally happens 20mn after a meal (even one with no starch and low in fat, with no other known allergic excipients ; ex: smooth OJ and cottage cheese ; i don't get the reaction all the time with this combination)
- happens randomly and not always under stress
- heart starts to pound harder (i can actually feel it and its not painful but disturbing)
- feels like i need more air/oxygen (have sometimes to breathe harder to relax)
- heart rate feels like moving up but in fact slows down to 60s vs 70s when i rest
- feels like my eyes are closing and that I need to sleep right away (which I generally do for 15/20mn). When it happens I cannot fight it. I have to rest and sleep. Niacinamide (50-100mg) makes it worst (sleepiness)
- feel tired after this event ; generally relieved by walking a bit and taking some fresh air

Looks like an allergic reaction to something but I cannot notice the catalyst.
I thought about blood glucose regulation as well...but cannot really assess something out of it.

Help appreciated!
Thanks

OP
P

Philippe

Also symptoms are accompanied with yawning.

Any idea ? iron deficiency/lack oxygen transport or more LPS related ?

Diokine

Is it commercial OJ? Classic allergy symptoms, I get the exact same response with any commercial OJ except maybe a few frozen varieties.

OP
P

Philippe

yes, fresh and unpasteurised but commercial indeed...
however, i have the same reaction with other types of meals ex OJ...so maybe not linked

Diokine

Are you overeating? Are you eating your food in an integrated fashion ie smelling, tasting, enjoying? Do you notice any stomach bloating or uncomfortable fullness? Are you over salting?

It's pretty involved describing what happens to our nervous system when we eat food, but it's sufficient to say that something is disrupting the balance of autonomic nervous tone. Histamine inhibits sympathetic activity on the heart, leading to reduced blood pressure, heart rate, and alertness.

lampofred

This happens to me whenever I get too many carbs/proteins and not enough fat in a meal. I guess my blood sugar is rising too fast and then dropping way too fast because there is no fat to slow down the digestion, and the resulting hypoglycemia is what's causing the pounding heart and tiredness

OP
P

Philippe

Hum... sounds interesting. Happens sometimes when I do fat free cottage cheese and OJ.

Will try to add coconut oil or a piece of chocolate to check.

ddjd

i think vitamin c can really help too with palpitations

faisman

Hum... sounds interesting. Happens sometimes when I do fat free cottage cheese and OJ.

Will try to add coconut oil or a piece of chocolate to check.

I am having the same exact symptoms you described. Did you find out what was causing it?

biffbelvin

Could be Reactive hypoglycemia - Wikipedia

My mother suffered from it quite badly and I've experienced it myself. Very similar symptoms to yours. Her's starts with a hot flush, though i didn't experience this myself. The main triggers for me are as follows
  • Delaying meals for too long (eg. skipping breakfast)
  • Grazing on little bits of food throughout the day without a proper meal.
  • Eating a meal without adequate amounts of Fat/Protein/Carbs. Upper limit on carbs for me is actually high, so long as i'm getting a base amount of fat/protein
Another thing to mention is that the more frequently i delay/skip meals and eat poorly, the more susceptible i am to hypoglycemic episodes. A year ago i could trigger an episode by forgetting to rinse my boiled rice of excess starch. Now I need to actually neglect myself to trigger one.

faisman

Could be Reactive hypoglycemia - Wikipedia

My mother suffered from it quite badly and I've experienced it myself. Very similar symptoms to yours. Her's starts with a hot flush, though i didn't experience this myself. The main triggers for me are as follows
  • Delaying meals for too long (eg. skipping breakfast)
  • Grazing on little bits of food throughout the day without a proper meal.
  • Eating a meal without adequate amounts of Fat/Protein/Carbs. Upper limit on carbs for me is actually high, so long as i'm getting a base amount of fat/protein
Another thing to mention is that the more frequently i delay/skip meals and eat poorly, the more susceptible i am to hypoglycemic episodes. A year ago i could trigger an episode by forgetting to rinse my boiled rice of excess starch. Now I need to actually neglect myself to trigger one.

I have come accross this while searching. Could be it as this is somewhat new in my case and has come after a stressful period.

BearWithMe

Hi @Philippe, have you find a solution to your health issues?

I have EXACTLY the same symptoms as you. Including the yawning. I also expirience nausea with the other symptoms.

Wish you the best of luck!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals