What is the most effective way to reduce the effects of endotoxin after antibiotics?

Sam321

I'm experiencing symptoms of endotoxin from either the overuse and injury of the gut due to a full course of penicillin or a strain resistant bacteria recolonizing my gut.

What is the best way to mediate the effects of endotoxin? My pulse is super high, I'm taking lopressor to reduce pulse so I can sleep. I have only slept 12 hours in 4 days. Haalp!

Perry Staltic

When antibiotics killed my gut I ate a bunch of probiotic capsules and by the next morning everything was back to normal.

Titanium

Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is said to trap heavy metals & endotoxins in the digestive tract. Activated carbon (Norit) should do a similar thing.

LucH

I would alternate with
- charcoal or argile (with pause)
- carrots with olive oil (later with coconut oil but not at the beginning)
- some omega-3 from white fish or cod liver fish (to carry LPS outwards) (not too much => balanced)

mostlylurking

I'm experiencing symptoms of endotoxin from either the overuse and injury of the gut due to a full course of penicillin or a strain resistant bacteria recolonizing my gut.

What is the best way to mediate the effects of endotoxin? My pulse is super high, I'm taking lopressor to reduce pulse so I can sleep. I have only slept 12 hours in 4 days. Haalp!
Sorry for your trouble. I've been dealing with the results of taking 3 courses of antibiotics (including Bactrim and Augmentin = penicillin + something else) last summer for an infection. I emailed Ray Peat for help. He recommended well cooked mushrooms (not the carrots). I've been eating about 3/4 cup of cooked mushrooms each day. Get the organic if you can find them (white button variety). Wash, slice, cook a big batch (3 pounds) with a cup of water for at least an hour. They shrink a whole lot when cooked.

I'm also taking extra thiamine and magnesium; they help heal the gut. My sleep has finally normalized. I'm also taking about a gram of aspirin 2-4 times a day for joint/muscle pain. I'm now finding that I don't need as much aspirin so things are better for me now.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Sorry for your trouble. I've been dealing with the results of taking 3 courses of antibiotics (including Bactrim and Augmentin = penicillin + something else) last summer for an infection. I emailed Ray Peat for help. He recommended well cooked mushrooms (not the carrots). I've been eating about 3/4 cup of cooked mushrooms each day. Get the organic if you can find them (white button variety). Wash, slice, cook a big batch (3 pounds) with a cup of water for at least an hour. They shrink a whole lot when cooked.

I'm also taking extra thiamine and magnesium; they help heal the gut. My sleep has finally normalized. I'm also taking about a gram of aspirin 2-4 times a day for joint/muscle pain. I'm now finding that I don't need as much aspirin so things are better for me now.

Hey dude I really appreciate this. Thanks.

mostlylurking

Hey dude I really appreciate this. Thanks.
You're welcome. The antibiotics blocked my thiamine function, which in turn blocks oxidative metabolism which is a huge problem.

Here's a link to an article about thiamine you may find very helpful: With Thiamine Paradox Symptoms Patience Is Key - Hormones Matter
also this one: Bactrim: An Anti-Folate, Anti-Thiamine, Potassium Altering Drug - Hormones Matter Lots of antibiotics block thiamine function. It's been my experience that the block doesn't just "go away" on its own.

Here's a link to a youtube channel with several really good videos about thiamine deficiency: https://www.youtube.com/c/EONutrition/videos

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Yikes: please note that this alone would probably cause one to sleep
I can't take asprin atm cause I'm on lopressor, which is really helping my sleep. Once I'm off in a few days ill do asprin.

What was your dosage of asprin? I was taking about 475mg a day and didn't notice a huge difference.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Not if your thiamine is blocked. I found it amazing that a gram of aspirin didn't faze the lactic acid pain but thiamine with some magnesium stopped the pain in 30 minutes or less.
Couldn't hurt to try a small amount of b1 to ensure I'm getting the vitamins I need

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Couldn't hurt to try a small amount of b1 to ensure I'm getting the vitamins I need
I eat about 8oz of liver a week and about 15 oysters a week so I should be good in most other vitamin categories.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Always take magnesium with thiamine. These help to heal the gut. Thiamine will deplete potassium so take it with some orange juice.
Take about 400mg topically a day of magnesium.

My mag blood draw a couple days ago had me at 2.0mg/dl which isn't terrible.

mostlylurking

Take about 400mg topically a day of magnesium.

My mag blood draw a couple days ago had me at 2.0mg/dl which isn't terrible.
Before I started the higher dose of thiamine I was taking about that much orally of magnesium glycinate. When I increased my thiamine, I was able to increase my magnesium without upsetting my digestive track. I feel better now; I think I needed more magnesium.

Hgreen56

I would alternate with
- charcoal or argile (with pause)
- carrots with olive oil (later with coconut oil but not at the beginning)
- some omega-3 from white fish or cod liver fish (to carry LPS outwards) (not too much => balanced)
why first olive oil?

LucH

why first olive oil?
olive oil is mainly omega-9 (with little LA).
We have to make a balance between efficacity for conveying LPS outside the body (ALA => olive oil => SFA) and healthy nutrition (RP).
- Very few omega-3 from white fish.
- olive oil (mainly MUFA, with little LA). Easy to get.
- coconut oil will be later ok (mainly90 % SFA) ; later because it will also kill local bacteria. We don't want to overload at the beginning of the process.
Those fats will help to convey died bacteria (LPS).

Hgreen56

olive oil is mainly omega-9 (with little LA).
We have to make a balance between efficacity for conveying LPS outside the body (ALA => olive oil => SFA) and healthy nutrition (RP).
- Very few omega-3 from white fish.
- olive oil (mainly MUFA, with little LA). Easy to get.
- coconut oil will be later ok (mainly90 % SFA) ; later because it will also kill local bacteria. We don't want to overload at the beginning of the process.
Those fats will help to convey died bacteria (LPS).
how much olive oil do you or rp recommend?

there was something with olive oil, or vegetable oils in general.
it becomes toxic or rancid by light exposure in the bottle? i am not sure anymore what it was, i don't mean cooking oil with high temperature. there was something else with it.
I always have trouble finding a good source of olive oil. I never know what to look for.
ingredients, brand, where its come from?

Last edited:

LucH

I always have trouble finding a good source of olive oil. I never know what to look for.
In USA, probably (fake) but not in Europe (from Italy or Greece). With a label from Delhaize store or fine grocery or Italian shop.
I would take 45 % of my fats from omega-9: olive, avocado, duck, macadamia and free range poultry or pork (to avoid excess LA). 45% from SFA.
Not from one source (vary).

Hgreen56

In USA, probably (fake) but not in Europe (from Italy or Greece). With a label from Delhaize store or fine grocery or Italian shop.
I would take 45 % of my fats from omega-9: olive, avocado, duck, macadamia and free range poultry or pork (to avoid excess LA). 45% from SFA.
Not from one source (vary).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals