Unhealthy Foods - A Thread On Reddit

Prosper

People under-estimate how cancerous site Reddit is. 4chan, tumblr and Youtube's comment section are nothing in comparison. Of all the scum that inhabit various corners of the internet, Reddit's smug userbase is the absolutely lowest tier trash.

Dobbler

I think everyone should do their own research and experiments. Drinking tons of milk can be harmful for many people for example. But personally the whole mainstream bodybuilding "lifestyle" makes me annoyed af.

lvysaur

They're all trash, reddit is just bad because it's perceived to be better than it is.

cyclops

They're all trash, reddit is just bad because it's perceived to be better than it is.

Seriously concerned about the future. Internet anonymity is allowing people to spread so much hate and disrespect. Too much time in front of computer screens as it is....then you have sites where people just say the most horrendous hateful stuff. And it can snowball. I wish more humans had more compassion for one another.

I went hard, wrote about quinoa and potato skins being unhealthy. Even those will get massive amounts of downvotes. Imagine if I'd gone after PUFA and gave it a fair criticism. People's heads would've exploded.

DaveFoster

People under-estimate how cancerous site Reddit is. 4chan, tumblr and Youtube's comment section are nothing in comparison. Of all the scum that inhabit various corners of the internet, Reddit's smug userbase is the absolutely lowest tier trash.
If you think about the messages posted on reddit, you'll see that they diverge out of a scarcity mentality. "Don't eat sugar; your body doesn't need it." Fast, so as to deprive yourself. We need to only give our body what it needs; therefore, we must subsist on a diet of kale smoothies and Buddhism. Have the least impact in your environment; who are you to think you should have the right to an animal, and so forth.

The same mentality appears in people who stop drinking coffee because they fear "dependence." There's a deeply rooted internal terror of being part of a community, and not a broad, faceless community, but a narrowly defined group with characteristics. This might relate to an intense self-loathing for people in authoritarian boards. They can neither trust nor willfully identify themselves, so why trust anyone or anything else; why swallow a hard truth when serotonin has so weakened your esophageal sphincter?

lampofred

Chill with the holier than thou attitude, everyone thinks the regimen that they're following is best, but by definition everyone can't be right at the same time...

Experimentation with your own body is the only answer so maybe those people have different nutritional needs than we do and feel good limiting sugar

milk_lover

Redditors are whores for karma points... Toxic site but I freaking love certain subreddits like game of thrones to read interesting theories like Jaimie Lannister being Azor Ahai, and I also frequently visit soccer subreddits..

michael94

Reddit is worse because of upvote/downvote system. It's designed to build consensus prematurely ( consensus is not always bad ) and drown out attempts at serious discussion.

trew

Chill with the holier than thou attitude, everyone thinks the regimen that they're following is best, but by definition everyone can't be right at the same time...

Experimentation with your own body is the only answer so maybe those people have different nutritional needs than we do and feel good limiting sugar

Nah, there's scientific evidence behind why certain foods are healthy/unhealthy and the foods listed in the reddit thread are mostly unhealthy yet they're getting upvoted by the masses.

'Experimentation with your own body...' - yeah, experimenting with different amounts of the healthy food (milk, oj, liver, oysters etc), not just anything you want or your 'body' craves.

lampofred

Nah, there's scientific evidence behind why certain foods are healthy/unhealthy and the foods listed in the reddit thread are mostly unhealthy yet they're getting upvoted by the masses.

'Experimentation with your own body...' - yeah, experimenting with different amounts of the healthy food (milk, oj, liver, oysters etc), not just anything you want or your 'body' craves.

The other side says the same thing, that there's plenty of scientific evidence that sugar is bad for you.

DaveFoster

The other side says the same thing, that there's plenty of scientific evidence that sugar is bad for you.
Sugar can certainly be bad for you; it can easily kill you in some contexts.

ilikecats

@DaveFoster are you still eating over a kilo of white sugar a day? If so how do you feel about doing it long term? I consume about 3/4 kilo a day.

Travis

Only without B-vitamins.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals