The Effects Of EMF On Health - It Directly Harms Metabolism

haidut

Forum Supporter
I typically do not like posting links to social media sites, but Reddit is having an interesting discussion right now with one of the experts on EMF interactions with biological systems. Reddit userbase happens to be adamantly opposed to the idea that EMF can have detrimental effects, but I think the scientist is managing to change that perception a bit and it is causing a stir. Interesting to watch it unfold. It is also sad how set people can be in their ways and launch personal attacks when faced with contradictions. It appears a lot of Reddit users are hypo:):
Here is one quote that caught my eye:

http://www.reddit.com/r/science/comment ... fessor_of/

"...I'm Paul Héroux, a Professor of Toxicology and Health Effects of Electromagnetism at the Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, in Montreal, Canada. Recent work in my laboratory has uncovered a mechanism by which extra-low-frequency magnetic fields interact with unstable molecular structures such as hydrogen bridges, altering the ability of protons to tunnel from one molecule to another. How this plays out in practice is that the reaction rates of certain enzymes can be altered by magnetic fields at very low intensities such as 25 nT, comfortably within the range of everyday exposures. This has not been found out until now mainly because the effect, although disruptive to the cell, does not increase quickly with field intensity, and drives an adaptation of the cell to the radiation. Metabolism is altered because one enzyme, ATP Synthase, is particularly vulnerable: the ratio between glycolysis and redox metabolism is changed. The mechanism we uncovered is likely to act not only at low frequencies, but also extending to microwave frequencies, implicating all broadcasting and radiating telecommunications systems. So, electromagnetic radiation may impact chronic disease rates such as cancer, diabetes and neurological disorders."

Milklove

That's really concerning. Any idea how we could protect ourselves against EMF?

Last edited by a moderator:

nograde

Some of the worst offenders regarding EMF seem to be electric shavers which are associated with meningioma. Ray mentioned to use cordless battery-powered shavers to minimize harm. See my thread here:

http://peatarian.com/27415/extremely-fr ... 415#q27415

I shave my head every two weeks (ca. 30min exposure) and both cord- and battery powered shavers cause fatigue sometimes slight nausea. I found that a transdermal magnesium rub helps a bit. Ray also mentioned that red light is effective against "all kinds of radiation" so maybe it should help with EMF too.

jyb

For shaving it's a tough one. I wonder if, after all, manual shaving is not healthier despite having to use those chemical rich shaving creams...

Does anyone remember the recent audio interview where Ray explained how his house in mexico is located in a very low radio frequency town? Something to do with there being some sort of facility in the town that requires it. Meaning his house is in a town with almost no cell phone coverage and possibly other forms of EMF.

It is quite frightening to think that everywhere you go now is either under a umbrella of 4G LTE or WIFI while just a few years ago it wasn't that way.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Milklove said:
That's really concerning. Any idea how we could protect ourselves against EMF?

Yes, I posted several studies some time ago and they all seem to agree that EMF exerts its effects through calcium "channels". So calcium blockers like magnesium and cyproheptadine should be helpful in reducing the damage.

Milklove

Thanks Haidut, that is really good to know!

I looked for ways to protect ourselves against EMF on my own and found these.
1. Shielding Foil Magnetic Field Shielding Materials
2. EMF protection devices
http://shop.earthcalm.com/Home-EMF-Prot ... _p_18.html

These seem to be the most commonly used solutions, but I have concerns about them-

I am worried about using a shielding foil, since although it can protect against external radiation, it might "trap" internal radiation (mobile phone, WiFi,...).

And maybe I am just too sceptical, but I can't imagine that these EMF protection devices actually work.

Stilgar

I remember reading about earthing/grounding and lowering EMF exposure causing a reduction in need for thyroid medication. There are a lot of (possibly quacky) articles and case reports on a quick google search.

Parsifal

One of my concerns with EMF shielding things is that the body can't sense the earth magnetic field as well and schumann resonance which seems important for signaling in the cells and for circadian biology almost as hormones...

montmorency

jyb said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/51766/ For shaving it's a tough one. I wonder if, after all, manual shaving is not healthier despite having to use those chemical rich shaving creams...

For face shaving at least, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the traditional double-edged razor. (Might not try it on my head, not that I shave my head).

Don't need chemical shaving cream. I've lately been using a Neem-based soap. Works quite well and is good for the skin. Just at the moment I'm using a craft-type soap based on coconut oil and palm oil. I've tried just coconut oil in the past, and it doesn't work very well (for me) and it messes up the sink.
It's great for an after-shave skin soother though.

goodandevil

I heard grounding still is harmful because the 60z hz current in house wiring induces into the grounding mat, and makes the problem worse. I want to try a magnetic matresses pad so the mag field buffers against the electric field, but I heard such pads have side effects. If I could build my own 7hz oscillator, I believe that would be ideal.

Does anyone.knkw where I can find plans for a red light apparatus? I would be much obliged for such assistance.

Hugh Johnson

jyb said:
post 51766 For shaving it's a tough one. I wonder if, after all, manual shaving is not healthier despite having to use those chemical rich shaving creams...
Get yourself a safety razor or a straight razor, a good brush and a decend brick of soap. You'll save money to boot.

Came here to post this. Old idea about electromagnetic fields of the body, their relation to health and control of them by human conciousness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaStCdJ-5NY

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals