Unhealthy Foods - A Thread On Reddit

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster are you still eating over a kilo of white sugar a day? If so how do you feel about doing it long term? I consume about 3/4 kilo a day.
Not a kilo, maybe 2 cups of white sugar per day in addition to other foods.

ilikecats

Not a kilo, maybe 2 cups of white sugar per day in addition to other foods.
Alright. Is there a reason you stopped using the higher amounts? I remember you using even 2 kilos (not 100 percent sure). Could you give us some details on your experiences with that higher amount of sugar? For me everything will be going great, ill be feeling blissful and euphoric, but I will get hit with random intense anxiety every once in a while. Anxiety not caused by any external circumstances. I can even be relaxing under 1000 watts of light and then bam it hits me.

DaveFoster

Alright. Is there a reason you stopped using the higher amounts? I remember you using even 2 kilos (not 100 percent sure). Could you give us some details on your experiences with that higher amount of sugar? For me everything will be going great, ill be feeling blissful and euphoric, but I will get hit with random intense anxiety every once in a while. Anxiety not caused by any external circumstances. I can even be relaxing under 1000 watts of light and then bam it hits me.
It could be endotoxin. Something like activated charcoal, pregnenolone, and aspirin can all help pretty quickly.

I just eat more regular food: meat, cooked allium veggies, gelatin, sauces, eggs, milk, orange juice, dates, occasional coconut oil tortilla chips and cheese, salsa, etc.

yerrag

In that case, both.
That's good to know, Dave. I'm really interested in knowing how serotonin affects the esophageal sphincter. It is something I saw happen to both my parents in their old age. I wonder if it would just as well happen to urinary sphincters. How is serotonin related to cholinergic effects such that the parasympathetic nervous system overrides the autonomic nervous system, of which the esophageal sphincter is directed from when fully functional (as I understand it)?

DaveFoster

That's good to know, Dave. I'm really interested in knowing how serotonin affects the esophageal sphincter. It is something I saw happen to both my parents in their old age. I wonder if it would just as well happen to urinary sphincters. How is serotonin related to cholinergic effects such that the parasympathetic nervous system overrides the autonomic nervous system, of which the esophageal sphincter is directed from when fully functional (as I understand it)?
Serotonin's involved in the function of esophagus. Expression of serotonin receptors in human lower esophageal sphincter

Decreased motility of the lower esophageal sphincter in a rat model of gastroesophageal reflux disease may be mediated by reductions of serotonin a... - PubMed - NCBI

"It is suggested that the reduction of 5-HT-induced contraction in LES strips in GERD rats may be partly due to the decrease in 5-HT(4)-receptor activation."

The 5-HT4 antagonist Piboserod treats irritable bowel syndrome and atrial fibrillation. The agonist Cisapride increases motility of the intestine, and it tends to increase acetylcholine and aldosterone as well; all around, a toxic drug.

Just browsing the 5-HT4 agonists, they don't seem very effective at treating GERD at all, so it may be that they weaken the sphincter.

Travis

Makes sense. A well-known effect of serotonin is constricting blood vessels. It was named after this effect.

yerrag

Serotonin's involved in the function of esophagus. Expression of serotonin receptors in human lower esophageal sphincter

Decreased motility of the lower esophageal sphincter in a rat model of gastroesophageal reflux disease may be mediated by reductions of serotonin a... - PubMed - NCBI

"It is suggested that the reduction of 5-HT-induced contraction in LES strips in GERD rats may be partly due to the decrease in 5-HT(4)-receptor activation."

The 5-HT4 antagonist Piboserod treats irritable bowel syndrome and atrial fibrillation. The agonist Cisapride increases motility of the intestine, and it tends to increase acetylcholine and aldosterone as well; all around, a toxic drug.

Just browsing the 5-HT4 agonists, they don't seem very effective at treating GERD at all, so it may be that they weaken the sphincter.
Thanks Dave. So the effect of serotonin is on weakening the lower esophageal sphincter, and this would cause GERD? This is where efforts at reducing endotoxin thru ingesting activated charcoal, eating raw carrot salad, etc would help with GERD then. Not taking antacids.

Jsaute21

If you think about the messages posted on reddit, you'll see that they diverge out of a scarcity mentality. "Don't eat sugar; your body doesn't need it." Fast, so as to deprive yourself. We need to only give our body what it needs; therefore, we must subsist on a diet of kale smoothies and Buddhism. Have the least impact in your environment; who are you to think you should have the right to an animal, and so forth.

The same mentality appears in people who stop drinking coffee because they fear "dependence." There's a deeply rooted internal terror of being part of a community, and not a broad, faceless community, but a narrowly defined group with characteristics. This might relate to an intense self-loathing for people in authoritarian boards. They can neither trust nor willfully identify themselves, so why trust anyone or anything else; why swallow a hard truth when serotonin has so weakened your esophageal sphincter?

Well said brother Dave. I would encourage anybody who is becoming too invested in internet celebrities and bodybuilding ideals to pump the brakes. Damn near ruined my sanity. Even the guys on Anabolic men who are above average in terms of knowledge have some real pitfalls with their fasting ideals & cholinergic supplements. I got my testosterone close to 1,000 following their ideals and felt like dog ***t.

yerrag

Well said brother Dave. I would encourage anybody who is becoming too invested in internet celebrities and bodybuilding ideals to pump the brakes. Damn near ruined my sanity. Even the guys on Anabolic men who are above average in terms of knowledge have some real pitfalls with their fasting ideals & cholinergic supplements. I got my testosterone close to 1,000 following their ideals and felt like dog ***t.
I think Reddit is populated by smart guys who could just be wiser. They have the intellect of coders, but the insight of toddlers, generally speaking. The logic of coders require solutions that are reductionist in approach, in finding the optimal code- the least steps, the least space, the most efficient way etc. And in this space, there are no illusions nor lies nor propaganda to sift through. They believe science to be pure, just as they consider their craft to be pure. But they don't realize science is anything but. Pure scientists have no power, lying scientific bastards and marketers do. Sifting through these misrepresentations of science is tough for us in this forum. It is infinitely tougher for them to overcome this barrier - of questioning the mainstream, and to reject it after much thought and internal turmoil. I've been on forums on Arstechnica. I'm an outcast in these forums when it comes to discussions on medicine and health. They just don't get it.

L

lollipop

I think Reddit is populated by smart guys who could just be wiser. They have the intellect of coders, but the insight of toddlers, generally speaking. The logic of coders require solutions that are reductionist in approach, in finding the optimal code- the least steps, the least space, the most efficient way etc. And in this space, there are no illusions nor lies nor propaganda to sift through. They believe science to be pure, just as they consider their craft to be pure. But they don't realize science is anything but. Pure scientists have no power, lying scientific bastards and marketers do. Sifting through these misrepresentations of science is tough for us in this forum. It is infinitely tougher for them to overcome this barrier - of questioning the mainstream, and to reject it after much thought and internal turmoil. I've been on forums on Arstechnica. I'm an outcast in these forums when it comes to discussions on medicine and health. They just don't get it.
This article is a bit old - 2016 - but articulates well the problem you discuss above about misrepresentations and interests:

http://quillette.com/2016/02/15/the-unbearable-asymmetry-of-bull****/

yerrag

Travis

+10⁹

Birdie

On the urinary sphincter, I experience that using too little salt weakens it. Every time I forget enough salt, and btw I don't measure my salt, I get the weak sphincter result. Plenty of salt and the sphincter is strong. So I salt salt salt... and then relax my protocol and the sphincter relaxes.

At the same time, I think that without using Ray's ideas abundantly, just increasing salt might not have such excellent effect. I don't intend to test that!!;)

Birdie

J

James IV

Reddit backwards is Tidder, which is conspicuously close to Tinder. So basically all information in Reddit will eventually f**k the users.

AretnaP

People under-estimate how cancerous site Reddit is. 4chan, tumblr and Youtube's comment section are nothing in comparison. Of all the scum that inhabit various corners of the internet, Reddit's smug userbase is the absolutely lowest tier trash.
Wish I could upvote or give reputation on this site.

If you even TRY to mention that serotonin isn't a "happy hormone", but is instead inflammatory and excitotoxic you will get downvoted by prozac users.

Regina

If you think about the messages posted on reddit, you'll see that they diverge out of a scarcity mentality. "Don't eat sugar; your body doesn't need it." Fast, so as to deprive yourself. We need to only give our body what it needs; therefore, we must subsist on a diet of kale smoothies and Buddhism. Have the least impact in your environment; who are you to think you should have the right to an animal, and so forth.

The same mentality appears in people who stop drinking coffee because they fear "dependence." There's a deeply rooted internal terror of being part of a community, and not a broad, faceless community, but a narrowly defined group with characteristics. This might relate to an intense self-loathing for people in authoritarian boards. They can neither trust nor willfully identify themselves, so why trust anyone or anything else; why swallow a hard truth when serotonin has so weakened your esophageal sphincter?
:D some of this should make it to "Random Quote".

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals